Pets that are Fishing Buddies

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Bugatti

Re: Pets that are Fishing Buddies

Post by Bugatti » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:08 pm

Whiskers wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:46 pm
The other little bloke is Merlin. He's a chick magnet. Can't walk down the street without every chick we meet wanting to cuddle him.

They were both rescue dogs.
:-D

Do you hire Merlin out to do his magic on the Chicks :-D , I need ever help I can get :(

:thumbsup: on the rescue dogs. Our Cat Slinky is a rescue and he's had trouble with his eye since we got him (comes and goes). Late last week I was nursing him, with ointments. You can tell when they aren't well, (like kids) they whimper/purr that certain way. But surprisingly, they know when we aren't well too and come give us a bit of "nursing".

In Memoriam

We do miss them, just like a member of the family.

Our last dog, Coco, it was sad, old age got him and although was prodding along, you could see the life fade , , , , and you could tell in his eyes, he knew it too.

Whiskers wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:46 pm

We lost Winnie, the black and white one, just over a year ago.
Mattblack wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:12 pm

my best mate (she passed away a few months ago..your pic literally brought a tear to my eye)
Lightningx wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:28 am

Unfortunately for me my furry little one passed away a couple of years ago but have many fond memories with her.
Tackleberry wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:52 pm

Yeah ya better I think one of the worst things I did was wait 18 months to get her after my previous mate passed.
And don't be afraid to rescue a mutt either she was 7yo when I got her and so were the 2 before her .
Regards, Bill

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:02 pm

Bugs
But surprisingly, they know when we aren't well too and come give us a bit of "nursing ......
Me
Buggs if you only knew ...... way back 9 years ago when I had to wait 8 months for my 1st heart opp if it wasn't for my mutt muttley I don't think I would be here today I couldn't even walk to the loo without stopping half way for a rest it felt like I had the flu and I had to wait 8 months for the 1st opp.
That dog knew when I was way down in the dumps and he would do all in his power to cheer me up .
We used to do a lot together cut wood fish and hunt then all of a sudden we couldn't do anything but he seen me through it . It was a long 18 months .
Here he is showing of for the camera
https://youtu.be/SR4tgrSAHCw

he was an amstaff of the old variety before they bred a lot of the APBT in them .
I got him when he was 10 months old .
And the dog before him was a APBT ***** she was great with the kids another amazing dog .
Screenshot_20190627-213156_Gallery.jpg
And I thought I would just chuck this in my current mutt Molly and well yeah
Screenshot_20190627-212515_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190627-213123_Gallery.jpg
Sorry for the long winded post on your thread but I could go on for ages about my 4 dogs I have had in my life ......

Cheers TAC
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:55 am

Tackleberry wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:02 pm
Bugs
But surprisingly, they know when we aren't well too and come give us a bit of "nursing ......
Me
Buggs if you only knew ...... way back 9 years ago when I had to wait 8 months for my 1st heart opp if it wasn't for my mutt muttley I don't think I would be here today I couldn't even walk to the loo without stopping half way for a rest it felt like I had the flu and I had to wait 8 months for the 1st opp.
That dog knew when I was way down in the dumps and he would do all in his power to cheer me up .
We used to do a lot together cut wood fish and hunt then all of a sudden we couldn't do anything but he seen me through it . It was a long 18 months .

he was an amstaff of the old variety before they bred a lot of the APBT in them .
And the dog before him was a APBT ***** she was great with the kids another amazing dog .

Sorry for the long winded post on your thread but I could go on for ages about my 4 dogs I have had in my life ......

Cheers TAC
Adorable dogs mate

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:42 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:28 am
Another great post mate.
Unfortunately for me my furry little one passed away a couple of years ago but have many fond memories with her.

Sorry to hear LX.

They are like members of the family, we laugh and play together, share heart aches together, look after them when they are sick , , , , and get miffed with them when the ruin the carpet

Glad that you have fond memories , , , , as far as another , , , , all in due time

Cheers, Bugatti
Thanks bug.
Yea she was definitely like a family member. Knew me so well too. Would often know when I wasn’t feeling well or down and would come and cuddle up to me.

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:15 pm

Marlin is my Border Collie X Lab Mix.
Does everything from wading trout streams to cloud computing.
A real working dog.

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-28 at 11.28.27 AM.jpeg[/attachment ][attachment=1]WhatsApp Image 2019-06-28 at 3.13.08 PM.jpeg
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-06-28 at 11.28.27 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-06-28 at 3.13.08 PM.jpeg
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:07 pm

Tackleberry wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:02 pm
Bugs
Me

Cheers TAC

No apologies required Tac, it's not my thread , , , , it's ours to share our Buddies & Mates and the stories about them.

Which, then , , , , what a great story you shared about Muttley, what a great Dog, they are legends aren't they. I have to say, in the video, you can see the way Muttley looks at you, there is definitely love there , , , , and that doesn't come free , , , , it shows the relationship you guys had between you two , , , , Muttley's eyes tell that.

And Molly has the same look , , , , you and the pooches, are very fortunate to have each other.

Loved the story, thanks

Cheers, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:23 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:15 pm

A real working dog.
Aaron, you guys look like great mates, awesome

smokn 1.PNG

smokn 2.PNG

Cheers, Bill

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:09 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:15 pm
A real working dog.

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-28 at 11.28.27 AM.jpeg[/attachment
][attachment=1]WhatsApp Image 2019-06-28 at 3.13.08 PM.jpeg
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Return to “Off Topic Forum”