Trailer compliance plates

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Trailer compliance plates

Post by smile0784 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:40 pm

Looking at a newer trailer and just wondering if this compliance plate would pass a inspection at Vic roads when I go to get in registered?
Screenshot_20190331-132953.jpg

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Re: Trailer compliance plates

Post by KeenAds » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:27 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:40 pm
Looking at a newer trailer and just wondering if this compliance plate would pass a inspection at Vic roads when I go to get in registered?
Screenshot_20190331-132953.jpg
Hard to say but on my work trailer the only thing they were really interested in at vic roads was the make, gvm and serial number which was stamped seperately on the draw bar. They also asked to view the receipt. I suppose it depends on who you get on the day. If the trailer still has plates asigned to it the most of this info is allready on their data base.

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:23 pm

I didn't need to take any of my boat trailers to Vicroads. Pretty sure you won't need to take it In Unless it's like a semi trailer over 2 or 4 ton or something. Where did you get the info you have to take it in for registration?

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:37 am

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registr ... or-caravan
Under step 2 says maybe needs to be inspected

So just wondering if need to fix that before I take it down just incase it get looked at

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:47 am

Thanks for the link. I read it as you do, that you "might" need to take it for inspection. They must have a protocol and they just aren't informing us what it is. Give them a call and ask if you need to. I'm pretty sure you won't but the procedure may have changed since my last time. As an example, I registered a boat trailer that had been unregistered for over 20 years, has no compliance plates at all or any numbers printed on the frame. I just rang them, they gave me a number to etch into the drawbar and a form to fill out with all the weights that I got off a weigh bridge. No inspection. There were a few numbers/weights I didn't know and the guy at VicRoads counter (when I handed in forms, paid and picked up plates) just told me to put realistic numbers in there and hand the form in. Pretty sure I even said the manufacturer was "home made", As long as you tick all the right boxes, no one in the bureaucracy cares. Good luck with it.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:41 pm

I bought my boat in Sydney. When I took it to Vic roads to register it it didn’t have the compliance number stamped in the chassis passed everything else width lights etc, they let me take it home I had metal stamps I stamped the number in took it back and they registered it. The stamp in the chassis was all they were worried about.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:49 pm

I have never had to take a trailer or caravan for that matter for inspection, all I needed was the information, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:02 am

Cheers fellas
To get a new complience plate is about $80 so probably just get that to make it look nice and stamp the trailer

Return to “Off Topic Forum”