The Australian Yowie

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Yowie..

The Australian Yowie

Post by Yowie.. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:02 am

Ahh here we go, does anyone here belive in the yowie? I hate saying this for the reason that i just get laughed at but i really do belive these guys exist. Ive spent many years in the bush hunting or just exploring and i do know the sounds our animals make, this is what has sort of wrecked bush walking for me.. about 6 years ago late November i was walking through bush up near noojee looking for lace monitors when something just felt weird and got that strong feeling of being watched, i often get that feeling but this time it felt scary and i just knew something wasn't right, walking back to my car about 200mts away my gut feeling was to run but i tried to tell myself to get it together cos if i run ill only make it 20mts and have a heart attack, but i had to run because i was being watched and whatever it was didn't want me there.. it let out an almighty raw and other weird sounds that was so loud i couldn't tell if it was in front of me or behind me, it was like it was all around me. Once i got to my car i heard big tree branches being snapped but i was way to scared to look back so once in my car i had to do a rushed 3 point turn on a little track but in my land cruiser i turned it around in 1 shot driving over small trees and not caring about any damage to my car, i wanted to get out of there and yowies have been stuck in my mind since.. its wrecked bush walking for me now..
Any thoughts on what it could of been? After doing research these guys go way back thousands of years and theres even been reported sightings up in noojee in the past. I can handle criticism so please dont hold back, just telling you all what i heard and my only thought on what it could of been, imagine a raw/ scream along with pigs being slaughtered and its that loud you can feel it in your chest.. thats almost how it was.
What are your thoughts?

Oh and i dont drink or smoke dope. This was real

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: The Australian Yowie

Post by rb85 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:17 am

Yowie..

Post by Yowie.. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 am

I reported it to healsville sanctuary first, incase they had some idea what it could of been and they said it could of been deer calls and running through the bush they break branches as the ran, i know it was no bloody deer though. I signed up to yowie hunters and have asked a few questions about yowie behaviour and it sounds about right, one fella made a good point that if i got the being watched feeling and almost made the 200mtr walk back to my car before it made a sound then there could of been 2 that might of been stalking me but if they wanted to attack me then i would of had no chance of escape. Now i fully understand why people dont get there phone out and film it.. that was the last thing on my mind

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 am

Could it be big wild boars?? They can make loud roars with piggy sounds and when they're pissed they'll charge n break branches. I'm not a Yowie believer as I think if they do exist they would've been hunted down by now with modern day tech. Peoples spend all their lives chasing mythical creatures only to die disappointed not seeing one ever. It does seem like you've had a realy frightening experience there, but paranoia in the moment can realy trip you out as the mind can materialize the worst out of nothing. When I was a kid at home alone, I saw a ghost movie which half way through the power went out, believe me when I say I s*$# myself. I thought i was too being watched through every window and cant help it but feel like every noise i heard was from whatever it is watching me. Anyways we leave it at that. You shouldn't let the one bad experience stop you from doing what you love, just get back there and yell out "come at me bro" see if it's a yowie or a run away panther from a nearby zoo. :o_0:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 am

Yowie.. wrote:
I reported it to healsville sanctuary first, incase they had some idea what it could of been and they said it could of been deer calls and running through the bush they break branches as the ran, i know it was no bloody deer though. I signed up to yowie hunters and have asked a few questions about yowie behaviour and it sounds about right, one fella made a good point that if i got the being watched feeling and almost made the 200mtr walk back to my car before it made a sound then there could of been 2 that might of been stalking me but if they wanted to attack me then i would of had no chance of escape. Now i fully understand why people dont get there phone out and film it.. that was the last thing on my mind
The problem is it’s all circumstantial there’s no hard conclusive evidence. The yowie hunters page is full of nothing.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:30 am

I know you said you dont drink or smoke, but i see you found them good mushies out nooj way too :rofl:
Last edited by Kimtown on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:36 am

On a separate note but while we are on the topic of cryptozoology / urban legends, 2 friends and I were 4wd'ing through crossover bush on our way from neerim to shady creek (I'm sure OP knows the area) and we swear black and blue we seen a big black cat, far too big to be a feral cat. It ran straight across the track in front of us (almost hit it) and looked to be about 2m long. We called it as a panther but make of it what you will. It was after a big night though so who knows what the **** we were really looking at. Probably just a roo lol

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:28 am

Are you sure it wasn't a fisheries officer?

Yowie..

Post by Yowie.. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:17 pm

Kimtown wrote:I know you said you dont drink or smoke, but i see you found them good mushies out nooj way too :rofl:
Haha no more golden tops for me, shouldn't have been driving that day! Turns out it wasn't noojee it was my backyard and it wasn't a yowie, it was my dog and the trees i drove over to get away was actually my side fence.. seriously though if i was under the influence that day it would of sobered me up quick sticks, i think about it almost every day. David Attenborough belives they could very well exist and his a man that knows his stuff with the entire animal kingdom.. even good old slim dusty sings a song about his run in with the beast.

ango

Post by ango » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi Guys,
This reminds me of the time me and a couple of mates went on a mushie bender, we went 48 hours without sleep and one mate swears he was communicating telepathically with this pine tree, I don't remember much clearly but I think we saw a herd of Yowies that time.
Cheers
Ango

Return to “Off Topic Forum”