The Australian Yowie

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Re: The Australian Yowie

Post by Whiskers » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:27 pm

All the tree shaking, breaking branches and blood curdling screams was probably just Jim (aka April Fool) trying to get his new super whiz bang $90 trout lure back from the trees he'd just cast it into.

:o_0:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Firstly I'd like to say, I am not discounting anything. There is, I feel, something (what ever it is) that very few have experienced.

Also, some experiences by some other people, may be explained in legitimate ways, like mind playing havoc etc but feels real to them.

Then we have the rest who for what ever reason are milking it, who actually overshadow, diminish those that actually do believe and have experienced something. Charlatans ruining it for the real movement.
big foot 2.jpg
Yowie Man.PNG

That famous footage
big foot one.jpg
big foot one.jpg (10.8 KiB) Viewed 1711 times
On that famous footage that seems to divide everybody. My question is , , , , if she (yes, she apparently) has evaded, eluded us so often and for so long , , , , well, she's walking in that footage, not running. If she strolls, shouldn't we have got her on camera more often PLUS if she is walking away and not running, that would mean she isn't scared of us , , , , so would of interacted.

Stumpjumper wrote:
Kimtown wrote:With all the go pros every one has nowadays surely they would have been spotted if they did actually exist. Same goes for the yeti, big foot, bunyip, abominable snowman etc etc etc.
Exactly right. I chase deer in some pretty remote country and every second tree has a game camera on it...not to mention the numerous hound crews that hunt and awful lot of public land in Victoria. And yet, nothing, nada, zip. Same goes for the panther, only blurry, shithouse and out of focus shots of feral/domestic moggies.
Yes, a valid point. With everyone catching everything on cameras nowadays, it is amazing no real good footage has been seen.

I guarantee you, if I went to "Big Foot Country" or "Yowie Forest" in the middle of nowhere, without another person for miles, and cracked out a Barbie Doll & Tea Set and had a Tea Party , , , , there would be that much footage of that Tea Party.

Oups, hold on, did I just say that, oh no , , , , looks like I'm back to see my Psychiatrist again :o_0:

Cheers, Bugatti

huh , , , ,

what was that dear , , , , yes ok I shall.

Cheers, Bugatti and Barbie

huh , , , , ok, yes, you can go first, sorry

Cheers, Barbie and Bugatti

Yowie..

Post by Yowie.. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Bugatti wrote:Firstly I'd like to say, I am not discounting anything. There is, I feel, something (what ever it is) that very few have experienced.

Also, some experiences by some other people, may be explained in legitimate ways, like mind playing havoc etc but feels real to them.

Then we have the rest who for what ever reason are milking it, who actually overshadow, diminish those that actually do believe and have experienced something. Charlatans ruining it for the real movement.
big foot 2.jpg
Yowie Man.PNG

That famous footage
big foot one.jpg
On that famous footage that seems to divide everybody. My question is , , , , if she (yes, she apparently) has evaded, eluded us so often and for so long , , , , well, she's walking in that footage, not running. If she strolls, shouldn't we have got her on camera more often PLUS if she is walking away and not running, that would mean she isn't scared of us , , , , so would of interacted.

Stumpjumper wrote:
Kimtown wrote:With all the go pros every one has nowadays surely they would have been spotted if they did actually exist. Same goes for the yeti, big foot, bunyip, abominable snowman etc etc etc.
Exactly right. I chase deer in some pretty remote country and every second tree has a game camera on it...not to mention the numerous hound crews that hunt and awful lot of public land in Victoria. And yet, nothing, nada, zip. Same goes for the panther, only blurry, shithouse and out of focus shots of feral/domestic moggies.
Yes, a valid point. With everyone catching everything on cameras nowadays, it is amazing no real good footage has been seen.

I guarantee you, if I went to "Big Foot Country" or "Yowie Forest" in the middle of nowhere, without another person for miles, and cracked out a Barbie Doll & Tea Set and had a Tea Party , , , , there would be that much footage of that Tea Party.

Oups, hold on, did I just say that, oh no , , , , looks like I'm back to see my Psychiatrist again :o_0:

Cheers, Bugatti

huh , , , ,

what was that dear , , , , yes ok I shall.

Cheers, Bugatti and Barbie

huh , , , , ok, yes, you can go first, sorry

Cheers, Barbie and Bugatti
The Patterson and gimlin fottage of bigfoot walking is actually ment to be the real deal, ok so ill see if i get this right, Patterson and gimlin were filming loggers while on horse back, the horses froze and wouldn't move then began to play up, patterson noticed a large hairy man like animal about 9ft tall putting what looked like a baby behind a log or bushes and to protect the baby mum walked out into the open making sure all attention was on her and not bubs, worked perfectly because while camera was in her gimlin seen something large move away from where bubs was. So another one took bubs to safety while mum also disappeard. Look at videos and you can actually see muscle movement and her breasts. No ape costumes even have that technology today.

Yowie..

Post by Yowie.. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:29 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
I watched an interview with David Attenborough and he says that us humans have spent our entire existence making life easier and more comfortable while every other species has spent theres staying away from us, all animals that are smarter than us will always be invisible and well camouflaged, we are a hostile species, we kill each other and we kill every thing we touch. If an animal doesn't want to be found then it will not be found. He also says that the abominable snowman in the Himalayas will certainly know we are there before we know its there. I didn't see anything in my experience but it was the fear i felt and the loud raw/scream i knew this was a powerful animal.

Yowie..

Post by Yowie.. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Sorry for adding another theory but im just obsessed since my experience, there's a history of missing children that just vanish and so many "experienced hikers" disappear with no body's ever being found, its all in the missing 411 files. Poor little william Terrell is also in the files, another is a 9 year old boy named patrick who was with his mum, brother and cousin in Wilson's prom victoria 1987, they walked along a track through thick scrub and patrick was 3mts in front then he walked around a bend, about 6 steps behind him was his mum brother and cousin, 3mts and little patricks yellow hat was on the path but he was never seen again. It was victorias biggest man hunt in history and not 1 thing was found. How the hell does a little boy vanish in thin air, so many of these cases.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:59 pm

Yowie.. wrote: The Patterson and gimlin fottage of bigfoot walking is actually ment to be the real deal, ok so ill see if i get this right, Patterson and gimlin were filming loggers while on horse back, the horses froze and wouldn't move then began to play up, patterson noticed a large hairy man like animal about 9ft tall putting what looked like a baby behind a log or bushes and to protect the baby mum walked out into the open making sure all attention was on her and not bubs, worked perfectly because while camera was in her gimlin seen something large move away from where bubs was. So another one took bubs to safety while mum also disappeard. Look at videos and you can actually see muscle movement and her breasts. No ape costumes even have that technology today.
Thanks Yowie, that was very interesting. It is funnily enough, a popular miss-conception that the Bigfoot in the footage is male, so glad to get the Yowie confirmation.

Cheers

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 am

Yowie.. wrote: I watched an interview with David Attenborough and he says that us humans have spent our entire existence making life easier and more comfortable while every other species has spent theres staying away from us,
No, not really......take dogs for example. They teamed up with humans and have done very well.
all animals that are smarter than us will always be invisible and well camouflaged, we are a hostile species, we kill each other and we kill every thing we touch.
No that is nonsense. It has been proven there are no smarter animals than us. All real animals are visible and yes we've made mistakes but also saved/reintroduced species and not just 'kill everything'. BTW...all animals kill each other too, it's called survival.
I didn't see anything in my experience but it was the fear i felt and the loud raw/scream i knew this was a powerful animal.
Exactly. Something spooked you no doubt.....and from there, your imagination took over.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:43 am

Could have been an alien

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:58 am

Kenle wrote:
Go pros are not high tech enough, only old VHS quality cameras are capable of filming them.
:rofl:

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:34 am

I was wading woori yallock creek on my own one day. It's very dense bush and the only way to get where I was at the time was wading down the creek (up to a metre deep at times). Pretty sure it's very rarely visited by humans. I came to a big log crossing the creek and I couldn't get under it so I climbed the bank and walked across the log to the other bank to get back in the river. I was being very stealthy so as not to disturb the fish (not that I caught anything that day) but had to jump off the log onto the ground (about a meter) and in waders this made quite the ruckus. Out of nowhere I disturbed a creature that sprang to life about 3 meters away. I got a good look at it as it bound away from me. It was a very large cat, as big as an Alsatian dog (up to my hip in height) but with a longer tail. It was an even brownish grey colour all over except the tip of its tail was noticeably darker. I continued fishing whilst I thought it over and then got a bit freaked out that I was so low in the river (high, narrow banks) and a giant predator was hovering over me somewhere nearby. Headed home and retold my story to a few people, most of whome didnt believe me but several said there has been many stories of sightings like mine in the Yarra ranges area, which they also didn't believe. I've since discovered a few legends of large cats (variously described as panthers, mountain lions, jaguars, etc.) in the area and how they came to be there. One is that an American army unit bought their mascot animal here and released it when they left (dunno how it bred?) Another is that a local animal sanctuary (read cheap arse zoo) had some large variety cats in cages that escaped or were released when a bushfire came through the area many years ago.

I admit I likely wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Not a yowie obviously but still a somewhat mythical creature that came to be very real for me.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”