Not having permission to read something.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Brownie

Not having permission to read something.

Post by Brownie » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:09 am

Hi guys, got a reply to a post but when I go to read it, tap on the notification it tells me I dont have permission. All my other notifications are fine. Whats meant by that?
Initially I could read and post in it!

Born2fish

Re: Not having permission to read something.

Post by Born2fish » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:46 am

My post Was deleted by owners of this fourm for no reason after I have contributed so much to this fourm I think it's rude and a poor attitude from them I'm no longer gonna be a member on this site

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:48 am

Brownie wrote:Hi guys, got a reply to a post but when I go to read it, tap on the notification it tells me I dont have permission. All my other notifications are fine. Whats meant by that?
Initially I could read and post in it!
A mod has most likely deleted the post that notified you

Edit: there you go
Born2fish wrote:My post Was deleted by owners of this fourm for no reason after I have contributed so much to this fourm I think it's rude and a poor attitude from them I'm no longer gonna be a member on this site
In fairness, when you register you do agree to the T&C that no advertising material is to be posted and you advertised both your website and your scent in that one post. It is a little stiff, as people do have difficulty posting pics (although it's not hard, just use tinypic) so I can see why you linked your website and I don't particularly see the difference between you posting about the scent and another member saying I caught said fish on say a 'rapala x-rap' lure... but rules are rules and I guess different people will always interpret them differently.

Fwiw I think the majority of people value your reports but maybe not everyone appreciates the team born2fish crap thrown in their face

repspec
Has liked: 11 times

Post by repspec » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:13 am

Born2fish wrote:My post Was deleted by owners of this fourm for no reason after I have contributed so much to this fourm I think it's rude and a poor attitude from them I'm no longer gonna be a member on this site
Pretty simple mate...if you want to advertise, become a site sponsor...otherwise you are violating their terms and conditions and they have every right to close down your threads.

If you advertise, that takes traffic away from a site that they pay money to maintain etc, just like you do with your own. So why should you not have to follow their rules?

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:14 am

Shame is was blatant advertising and was justifiably deleted....I was interested in discussing the merit of applying a scent to lure to attract an animal that supposedly cant smell.

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:32 am

Mattblack wrote:I was interested in discussing the merit of applying a scent to lure to attract an animal that supposedly cant smell.
:rofl:

Fwiw I think squid can smell... a lot better than what you may believe. But they smell through their tentacles, unlike a normal fish which smells through their mouths and filter through their gills. Whether or not the tentacles need to be touching the source of smell, or whether they can sense it through the water, I have no idea lol
Last edited by Kimtown on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:36 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:I was interested in discussing the merit of applying a scent to lure to attract an animal that supposedly cant smell.

Fwiw I think squid can smell... a lot better than what you may believe
I would like to discuss this further good sir...I'll start a new thread

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:38 am

Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:

Fwiw I think squid can smell... a lot better than what you may believe
I would like to discuss this further good sir...I'll start a new thread
Lol, I just edited my other post. But I'll slap it in the new thread.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:42 am

Please explain would be nice if born2fish thread was deleted.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:46 am

Or you could learn from it, take it on the chin in the good old Aussie tradition and stick around.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”