Voting...does fishing matter?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Re: Voting...does fishing matter?

Post by re-tyred » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:26 am

No, many more important issues. However I just received a letter from Local Nationals MLA Tim, agreeing with pretty much everything I have said about the Gippsland Lakes. Not going to make much difference as I live in one of the safest National party seats both State and Federal.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:29 am

tracks wrote:they wasted almost $500mil of tax payers money on cancelled road improvements paying out the contractors on those project, money down the drain, .
Here we go.

The Liberal party faced with defeat signed a contract with their mates with an exit clause 2 weeks before an election they knew they were going to lose. This is corruption at it's absolute finest. Andrews did exactly what he said he was going to do if he was elected. Napthine should be charged.

Re small parties. Be very, very aware of where your vote goes with the preference system, specifically when considering parties interested in individual issues. The last election I actually considered the Shooters and fishers party until i saw their preferences (which have now nicely disappeared off their website). I think they are doing good work lobbying for fishers rights, but I cannot support their ideas on things like the economy and human rights.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:10 am

DougieK wrote:
tracks wrote:they wasted almost $500mil of tax payers money on cancelled road improvements paying out the contractors on those project, money down the drain, .
Here we go.

The Liberal party faced with defeat signed a contract with their mates with an exit clause 2 weeks before an election they knew they were going to lose. This is corruption at it's absolute finest. Andrews did exactly what he said he was going to do if he was elected. Napthine should be charged.

Re small parties. Be very, very aware of where your vote goes with the preference system, specifically when considering parties interested in individual issues. The last election I actually considered the Shooters and fishers party until i saw their preferences (which have now nicely disappeared off their website). I think they are doing good work lobbying for fishers rights, but I cannot support their ideas on things like the economy and human rights.
Yeah I agree re: shooters fishers. But you can put any preference order you like. Most small party votes are really a protest vote, so your 2nd choice should be who you really want in the seat
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:12 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Greens voter right here

Roast me
You drink Cruisers & you have a girls name
:rofl:

Maybe I am a girl. Did u ever think of that?

Stay woke
You must be one of them flat chested bitches then.
20181102_120956.jpg

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:14 am

purple5ive wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

Roast me

Stay woke
20181102_120956.jpg
Tread very carefully or I'll go full #metoo on u

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:22 am

Obviously not as important as health, education and general welfare...but yeah, I've got a bit of money invested in fishing gear and I'd like to be able to use it. I know it's not saving the whales & all that, but the boat ramp issue is the big one for me...the annoying thing is it's such an easy fix and shouldn't even be up as an election sweetener (and it would be one less thing the councils can screw me over on)

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:49 am

Kimtown wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

Roast me

Stay woke

Tread very carefully or I'll go full #metoo on u
Kimtown wrote:
Roast me
FB_IMG_1541122760243.jpg

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:12 pm

DougieK wrote:
Here we go.

tracks the facts and history makes this much more interesting.

Firstly Liberals when they came to power scrapped the metro project that had already had 120 mil spent on it. Yet in the lead up to the election they claimed to be committed the project. The metro project was consider the highest priority for victoria, backed by Jeff Kennent and the Lord Mayor at the time.

Even when the Libs announced the East West link Jeff and Doyal were opposed to it and but in support of the metro project instead. Keep in mind two so prominent liberals speaking out about there own party in the lead up to an election is extraordinary.

So you can start by asking why the libs threw away 120 mil when 99% of knowledgeable people agreed that project was in the states best interest.

Secondly the figures thrown around for East West link and rubbery at best. Daniel Andrews has repeatedly said on the record that not one cent of compensation was paid. The contractors were only paid for work already undertaken which was about 3xx mil. Deal was done for other projects so the contractors stayed in work.

But most importantly and most concerning, not only did the libs push the go button on a bad uncost effective project just before the election, that they knew they were going to loose they also changed the law overriding the authority of the court.

This is unprecedented and grossly irresponsible.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Yes everything counts but buying votes by appleasing a minority group that is not in the interest of the majority is not the right way to govern.

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:42 pm

Here is what Tim Bull sent me and probably a bunch of others with the name changed
Attachments
Tim Bull0002.jpg
Tim Bull0001.jpg

Return to “Off Topic Forum”