Trailer advice

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Re: Trailer advice

Post by Trumpeter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:55 pm

Hmmm Yukka's... I've got a monster in the front yard I wish I never planted.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:04 pm

Texas wrote:
Trumpeter wrote:Brooklyn tip charge me $74 for a 7x5 with a cage filled to the top, as long as it's under 300kg.
Yukka's are my main cargo, lately
Tip voucher & it's cheaper
Only do some jobs on the side, not professionally
Gra
I wait until nov then green waste is free at the Melton tip they do not advertise this give them a ring and check the dates something about fire ready

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Texas wrote:
gregmaka wrote:
Texas wrote:Driving around Hoppers and Werribee, you see so many trailers sitting in people's yards and full of rubbish.
That's the quickest way to rust out the floor
Soil, wood, sand and ever a mattress have heaps of moisture in them.
Gra
You must have driven past my place.I have just received my free tip pass in the mail. Only one free pass now for wyndham rate payers now,as last year it was two free passes.
Mate I had a quite a heated discussion with the councillor involved (Heather marcus)
Suggested she has never been to the tip, amongst other things
Heaped 6x4 trailer $100, got a cage, add another $50
More rubbish to be picked up at Mt Cottrell & only 28% of people use their vouchers

Bloody madness
Gra
Do you get free council hard rubbish collection?

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:09 pm

Trumpeter wrote:Hmmm Yukka's... I've got a monster in the front yard I wish I never planted.
Put up on gumtree people mite want one?

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:13 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Texas wrote:
gregmaka wrote:
Texas wrote:Driving around Hoppers and Werribee, you see so many trailers sitting in people's yards and full of rubbish.
Gra
You must have driven past my place.I have just received my free tip pass in the mail. Only one free pass now for wyndham rate payers now,as last year it was two free passes.
Mate I had a quite a heated discussion with the councillor involved (Heather marcus)
More rubbish to be picked up at Mt Cottrell & only 28% of people use their vouchers

Bloody madness
Gra
Yeah 3 per year now, but how do you tie up yukka's

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:15 pm

Trumpeter wrote:Hmmm Yukka's... I've got a monster in the front yard I wish I never planted.
They are great fire breaks, I've tried to burn them before
Gra

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:09 pm

[quote="Thomassssss"]Happy Sunday everyone, hope you manage to fit in a fish. I'm off to work. :down:

Anyway, my partner and I are in the market for a new trailer and I thought I might seek a bit off advice here as I know a lot of you have got knowledge around towing etc.

We are looking to buy a (new or secondhand) 6X4 trailer with a removable cage. We are moving to Tasmania early next year so firstly we need it to take the few things we are taking down with us on the boat. Otherwise we would be for general use, collecting firewood, moving soil, tip runs etc. We are looking to buy something of quality that will last. I'm interested in this one here:

Owing a trailer will always be a good investment for your house hold. Even a simple 6x4 with a removable cage will serve many good purposes.

]

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Texas wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Texas wrote:
gregmaka wrote:
Gra

Bloody madness
Gra
Yeah 3 per year now, but how do you tie up yukka's
We just cut them at 1 mt length amd put them out and the council took.them. we had a pile of about 8 or so

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:35 pm

gregmaka wrote:
Thomassssss wrote:Happy Sunday everyone, hope you manage to fit in a fish. I'm off to work. :down:

Anyway, my partner and I are in the market for a new trailer and I thought I might seek a bit off advice here as I know a lot of you have got knowledge around towing etc.

We are looking to buy a (new or secondhand) 6X4 trailer with a removable cage. We are moving to Tasmania early next year so firstly we need it to take the few things we are taking down with us on the boat. Otherwise we would be for general use, collecting firewood, moving soil, tip runs etc. We are looking to buy something of quality that will last. I'm interested in this one here:

Owing a trailer will always be a good investment for your house hold. Even a simple 6x4 with a removable cage will serve many good purposes.

]
Ive gad a 6 x 4 for about 6 years now and its been great just with i had a tandam or 7 x 5.
If you want it for fire wood sighly bigger is better is so you dont have to stack higher amd you can stand on a bigger trailer easyer

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Return to “Off Topic Forum”