Are all realestate agent lairs?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Are all realestate agent lairs?

Post by smile0784 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:11 pm

So after meeting with 4 different realestate agents we chose the second hightest
The lady (who was ment partner not just a agent) said probably sell after 2 weeks by have 10 to 12 people threw each weekend amd have 3 to 4 offers each week amd be able to push them up higher and maybe hit over 500.

After 2 weeks i paid the deposit then 3 days later i got a call from the agency and a guy told me she left the agency and the guy was taking over and asked me what i was after.

They all new why we were selling and new the prices we needed from day 1. But keep saying to wait and see and then say i have to drop my prices after each open.

He held the first open amd 1 person showed amd then he asked me to drop the price by 20k.
He said it would get more people to come threw and then he could bargin the price up to our reserve.

Second open no people showed
Third open 2 people showed amd 1 offer at 440 and he couldnt get them.to budge.

So he said lower proce to 440+ as a ploy to get peoplethrew and then he can negotiate them up.
Next open no one turned up and he said marked has dropped so i have to lower my price again.

Now in 6th week there been 4 people threw and 2 offers of 440.

I told him what the original lady wrote on the authority statement and he said cant uphold that cos he wasnt here when she wrote up things and wont sick to it cos he wasnt privie to the conversation.

My understandingwas it was all in my portfoliowhen he took it on so why didnt he tell me i cant get it.

We are now taking it off the marked cos no point selling if we cant cant get what we need.

Now considering getting a solicitor involved so we can get a refund cos we been lied to from the beginning and failure of staff to hand over property and over inflated  pricing a property to get a signed contract when then knew they couldn't get that price. 

Its borderly professional misconduct and breach of code of ethics and the ceo has to take responsibility of her staff since its her business. 

Now im out of pocket 2500 already for advertising amd $250 to conveyancer and im sure the realestate will want the remaining 2000 balance for advertising.

Also question. Advertising is worked out on 10% sale price so if it doesnt sell, should they reduce advertising?

Rant over

To find it funnymy mum is selling with different agency and same thing is happening to her lol.

Any advice?
Anyhing i can do to get some money back?

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Are all realestate agent lairs?

Post by Texas » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:18 pm

ACCC OR Ombudsman

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Try a real estate forum, you may be surprised, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Rang the Ombudsman and he said it was a civil matter for solicitors to sort out.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:25 pm

davek wrote:Try a real estate forum, you may be surprised, cheers davo
Good tip will do
Thanks

Just thought with the vast knowledge on here someone mite have had similar experience or know something

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Good luck selling your house using a real estate agent with that attitude.

Anyway this **** doesn’t belong here so no need for anymore replies.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”