Snags on Friday..

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Snags on Friday..

Post by rb85 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:15 pm

Kimtown wrote:From now on I'll just stick to threads I can be positive and HAPPY in!

Sorry everyone for being a party pooper. If anyones near Warragul friday, the snags are on me boys
Some good agricultural land around there. :thumbsup:

Hope the mods didn’t send you a friendly reminder.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
blacklab99 wrote:Where shall I start !
Hmm.
Having been bought up on a dairy farm and fully knowing the sheer hours of graft put in 7 days a week, I share the empathy with these farmers.
FACT, farms cannot be simply handed over to their sons.
FACT there are way less generational handed down farms, than those bought independantly.
Whilst it was commented here that a lot of farmers are ahead of there mortgages ??? WHAT ? isn't everyone ahead of there mortgage before trouble or disaster shows its head ? Do people realise the income generated on the farm, goes straight into the local town !
I hear a lot of "townie" comments on here, with information gathered from, Well, talk back shows or maybe greenies from the city.
Farmers in this country probably do more for the internal ecconomics of Australia, especially rural cities than any other industry in Australia.
You See, if it not be for the farmers and the production of goods that they provide, city slickers would be paying 100 kilo for imported meat, god knows what for your warm milk drinks before bed ! and it wouldn't be the top quality you have on your plates at the minute.
This is a major catastrophy for not only the farmers, but for Australians as well for our domestic ecconomy, Farming, believe it or not is the back bone of this country, NO, not the tec company you work for or that new industry which doesn't contribute to the country like the farming industry does.
Somewhere I read earlier, that some idiot was saying on here that, oh, I've heard that it's not as bad as everyones saying ! Get fricken real ! Head up north and go have a look, who ever told you that, ask him where in his dream head does he get that sort of false information !!!
Lack of understanding, or simple ignorance, is the only reason any one could possibly question whether there are major problems on the farm at the minute, perhaps atrip out of the city is the only way for some to realise. Victoria could also fall to the current drought that's happening further north, you see, we havent had the rains this season, feed is drying up already, which will come back and bite us come spring and summer, it's a roll on effect.
So, that's my rant over !
I now live in the city, but, as mentioned, I've been in there shoes, yes it's there choice, yes there are good years, but most are so mortaged up that even leaving there farms is impossible.
So, go buy a sausage and support the families on the land !
Then maybe when your in trouble through unforseen circumstances, others may dig deep and help you out of troubled times...

Just saying

Col
I'll get to this big bastard of a post after dinner lol

Edit: they aren't really facts. At least not true facts anyway. As far as I'm aware, farms can well and truly be handed down, I work with a bloke who inherited 200 acres of farm land... if you are sold farm land for the price of $0 off your parents, all you would have to pay for is the stamp duty of what the farmland is worth and the title goes in your name.

I'd like to see some figures on what's bought and what's been passed on through generations. I Googled but found it hard to find anything concrete. I know in my region, every farmer i know had it through family lines. Obviously that isnt the case for everywhere but it's just a small sample size.
What is your agenda? Why keep commenting on this thread that is about good will and turning it into a sh*t fight FFS :down:
Just giving my (unpopular) opinion... that is what we do here, right? :( You were the the one who resorted to name calling because you disagreed with my opinion..

I'll grab a snag Friday. It's nice that a portion of that is going to our farmers but I'll be honest with myself, I'm mostly getting that sausage because they are yummy yummy in my tummy.

I'd prefer it be donated to the Salvos, cancer research or the thousand other more deserving industries but it is what it is.
Well without agriculture and in essence agricultural land you wouldn't have a snag, or the bread that snag will sit in. So without the snag or the bread, how will you buy a bunnings snag to donate to cancer research etc?

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Hi RB,
I think you will find that those historical trust farm ventures are a thing of the past now.
Any body can put a property, business etc into trust, but there are certain limits now which prevent it like in the past
I agree with you that farming is not the only other industry contributing to the ecconomy,
However, farming internally is the biggest contributing industry in Australia, far more than manufacturing ever was I think you will find.
A lot of farms were more prepared than others, but that's totally dependant on where they are, those in the direct drought area have or had no ability to for see or prepare for such disaster. All ready, the supply of feed from Victoria is being held back, due to the fact that they are now concerned about there future. There is no way, any farmer could have prepared for such a drought, or indeed when the floods affected farmers.
Empathy needs to be applied here, the arguement of support will rage on, the comparison to other manufacturing industries is totally irrelevant, if a buisness is running at a loss, why subsidise it for pure jobs, if an industry runs into trouble that actually feeds the country, well, you help it, surely.
The farmers unfortunately are being screwed for their produce, I mean, $1.00 per litre for milk ! I know what it costs to produce a litre of milk and believe me, you'd make more at mcdonalds serving behind the counter, But, that's totally another issue.
But good points Rb, an interesting topic all the same, and one that will be hotly debated un less the rain comes

Col

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:24 pm

cobby wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Hmm.
Having been bought up on a dairy farm and fully knowing the sheer hours of graft put in 7 days a week, I share the empathy with these farmers.
FACT there are way less generational handed down farms, than those bought independantly.
Whilst it was commented here that a lot of farmers are ahead of there mortgages ??? WHAT ? isn't everyone ahead of there mortgage before trouble or disaster shows its head ? Do people realise the income generated on the farm, goes straight into the local town !
I hear a lot of "townie" comments on here, with information gathered from, Well, talk back shows or maybe greenies from the city.
Farmers in this country probably do more for the internal ecconomics of Australia, especially rural cities than any other industry in Australia.
You See, if it not be for the farmers and the production of goods that they provide, city slickers would be paying 100 kilo for imported meat, god knows what for your warm milk drinks before bed ! and it wouldn't be the top quality you have on your plates at the minute.
This is a major catastrophy for not only the farmers, but for Australians as well for our domestic ecconomy, Farming, believe it or not is the back bone of this country, NO, not the tec company you work for or that new industry which doesn't contribute to the country like the farming industry does.
Somewhere I read earlier, that some idiot was saying on here that, oh, I've heard that it's not as bad as everyones saying ! Get fricken real ! Head up north and go have a look, who ever told you that, ask him where in his dream head does he get that sort of false information !!!
Lack of understanding, or simple ignorance, is the only reason any one could possibly question whether there are major problems on the farm at the minute, perhaps atrip out of the city is the only way for some to realise. Victoria could also fall to the current drought that's happening further north, you see, we havent had the rains this season, feed is drying up already, which will come back and bite us come spring and summer, it's a roll on effect.
I now live in the city, but, as mentioned, I've been in there shoes, yes it's there choice, yes there are good years, but most are so mortaged up that even leaving there farms is impossible.
Then maybe when your in trouble through unforseen circumstances, others may dig deep and help you out of troubled times...

Just saying

Col

Edit: they aren't really facts. At least not true facts anyway. As far as I'm aware, farms can well and truly be handed down, I work with a bloke who inherited 200 acres of farm land... if you are sold farm land for the price of $0 off your parents, all you would have to pay for is the stamp duty of what the farmland is worth and the title goes in your name.

I'd like to see some figures on what's bought and what's been passed on through generations. I Googled but found it hard to find anything concrete. I know in my region, every farmer i know had it through family lines. Obviously that isnt the case for everywhere but it's just a small sample size.
What is your agenda? Why keep commenting on this thread that is about good will and turning it into a sh*t fight FFS :down:
Just giving my (unpopular) opinion... that is what we do here, right? :( You were the the one who resorted to name calling because you disagreed with my opinion..

I'll grab a snag Friday. It's nice that a portion of that is going to our farmers but I'll be honest with myself, I'm mostly getting that sausage because they are yummy yummy in my tummy.

I'd prefer it be donated to the Salvos, cancer research or the thousand other more deserving industries but it is what it is.
Well without agriculture and in essence agricultural land you wouldn't have a snag, or the bread that snag will sit in. So without the snag or the bread, how will you buy a bunnings snag to donate to cancer research etc?
I'll take a tofu dog in paleo dough

Cheers

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Kimtown wrote:
bowl wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Today I learnt a few things. I'm ignorant, an attention seeker and an a*******.

:)

I should have prefaced by stating I feel sorry for farmers that bought into the industry and put their hard earned up front and luck was against them after all the blood, sweat and tears (much like all the small business owners who fail) But that's 1 in 10. Majority of farmers are born into their profession and sit on a ******* gold mine, yet still believe they are doing it harder than every other australian out there. It seems it's okay for a farmer to ask for handouts but a bloke who goes bankrupt and turns to centrelink is looked down upon...?
U have small business go broke kimtown?
Nah mate lol but I do know people who have. They worked their tits off, put it all on the line and lost it all. The certainly didnt feel the need to start a gofundme and after being donated a seriously generous amount complained that a portion was to go to the ATO

It's seriously lulsy how self entitled "some" farmers "can" be
Got the balls to stand on a box in Warrigal and repeat that !
I'll drive ya up there personally ! I'm picking you wouldnt make it out of town in one piece.
That's the only issue I have with your posts
Have an opinion Kimtown, you've obviously got issues with farmers, or your "sense of entitlement"
Just don't be a damn Di@k head about people in dire straights, seriously.

Col

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:35 pm

cobby wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Hmm.

Just saying

Col

They can grow that **** in a test tube these days.

Referring to an earlier post, last I looked agriculture contributes about 3% to the national economy. Not enough that it’d be a disaster if the more marginal areas were abandoned I’d wager. Shithouse for the people with skin in the game though maybe it’d be a kindness compared to the slow death many country towns are suffering.

The real driver of the economy is the services sectors in the cities.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Hmm.

Just saying

Col

Kimtown, you say my fact aren't facts !
But, as far as your aware !

But you know someone that knows someone, and every farm in your area was handed down ?

You can not sell a farm to a family member for zero ! full stop, then only pay stamp duty what planet do you live on ?
Do some research then come back and have a big boy discussion,
Cause quite bluntly you must be lighting up a reefer or something, seriously .....

Admit it Kimtown, you dont know any farmers, let alone ever been on an actual farm, be honest

Col

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:49 pm

blacklab99 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
bowl wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Today I learnt a few things. I'm ignorant, an attention seeker and an a*******.

:)

I should have prefaced by stating I feel sorry for farmers that bought into the industry and put their hard earned up front and luck was against them after all the blood, sweat and tears (much like all the small business owners who fail) But that's 1 in 10. Majority of farmers are born into their profession and sit on a ******* gold mine, yet still believe they are doing it harder than every other australian out there. It seems it's okay for a farmer to ask for handouts but a bloke who goes bankrupt and turns to centrelink is looked down upon...?
U have small business go broke kimtown?
Nah mate lol but I do know people who have. They worked their tits off, put it all on the line and lost it all. The certainly didnt feel the need to start a gofundme and after being donated a seriously generous amount complained that a portion was to go to the ATO

It's seriously lulsy how self entitled "some" farmers "can" be
Got the balls to stand on a box in Warrigal and repeat that !
I'll drive ya up there personally ! I'm picking you wouldnt make it out of town in one piece.
That's the only issue I have with your posts
Have an opinion Kimtown, you've obviously got issues with farmers, or your "sense of entitlement"
Just don't be a damn Di@k head about people in dire straights, seriously.

Col
I honestly don't know what you're asking me to do but you need to get a grip and relax mate lol, seriously.

Don't take it so personally that not everyone on the internet shares the same views as you. Like I've said all along, it's just my opinion and I'm only having a discussion.
Last edited by Kimtown on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:55 pm

4liters wrote:
cobby wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
Kimtown wrote: I'll get to this big bastard of a post after dinner lol

They can grow that sh*t in a test tube these days.

Referring to an earlier post, last I looked agriculture contributes about 3% to the national economy. Not enough that it’d be a disaster if the more marginal areas were abandoned I’d wager. Shithouse for the people with skin in the game though maybe it’d be a kindness compared to the slow death many country towns are suffering.

The real driver of the economy is the services sectors in the cities.
Correct about 3 % of gdp
But if you would have scrolled down on google you would have read,
That they supply 93% of Australia's domestic food, pretty important me thinks.......
Agriculture overall, is 15% of gdp with over 400 thousand employed.

Col

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:04 pm

blacklab99 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Hmm.

Just saying

Col

Kimtown, you say my fact aren't facts !
But, as far as your aware !

But you know someone that knows someone, and every farm in your area was handed down ?

You can not sell a farm to a family member for zero ! full stop, then only pay stamp duty what planet do you live on ?
Do some research then come back and have a big boy discussion,
Cause quite bluntly you must be lighting up a reefer or something, seriously .....

Admit it Kimtown, you dont know any farmers, let alone ever been on an actual farm, be honest

Col
Ok I admit it, I completely fabricated a story to win some internet points in an argument with a stranger

Return to “Off Topic Forum”