Isnt this crap.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Re: Isnt this crap.

Post by Yota » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Greg what sort of trade are you referring to ?
They are some hoops !
I'm a sparky and was in the early stages of considering a moved to WA or QLD and less than 2 years ago it was basically a money transfer, proof of ID and trade.
And the A Grade licence is one of the most regulated trades, along with plumbers.

sturgeon
Has liked: 14 times

Post by sturgeon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:19 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Brett wrote:
DougieK wrote:
rb85 wrote:545.80 a week would cover food and bills I guess be tough to thrive on.
It's a fortnight, not a week and about 60% under the poverty line. It is practically impossible to live off.

Anyone with an investment property complaining that centerlink won't pay their mortgage needs to have a good hard look at themselves.

I agree totally.
I have to also agree to this comment.
Centrelink is there to get you back on your feet not to help pay off your mortgage or investment property..
Regardless any allowance will be means tested and more than likely you will have to wait atleast a month before you see any payment. An active job seeker wont need a month to find some kind of work.

If you having trouble paying the mortgage then use the money you have set aside to buy the plot of land that you were thinking of getting. You can't expect others to pay for your lifestyle while you go and buy more property. That's not cool man...

Alternatively speak to the bank and see if tbey can put the mortgage on hold. I know the anz bank can do it as I have been in similar situation to you a few times and tgats what the bank said.

Also budgeting wise 2400 is a lot of money.
Maybe you and your wife need to make a few lifestyle changes????
My wife does the shopping for us . She will sacrifice many things so that we have basic food on the table. We will eat like kings if she had that budget.(Yes including paying bills and fuel)
There are days when she has little to no money in her account but we still manage....
You got a good prudent Wife.

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:12 pm

Hey Sturg,
NSW operates under a slightly different set of rules.
It has nothing to do with showing your trade cert, if you are being an employee for someone, so its not really worth him mentioning it Actually.
If an employer hires an unqualified tradesman, then the owness is on them.
What Greg was trying to refer too, is in NSW to be self employed, you must have a licence, to get that licence, you must do a course to become approved before your issued with a licence, to be able to trade, otherwise you cant even advertise for work.
In Victoria, you can call yourself anything you want, advertise your an expert in anything you want, so un-qualified people can basically do what they want. That's why Greg was saying you couldn't do that in NSW, he wouldn't meet the criteria, no trade qualifications.
I think it's actually a good thing what NSW does, that means wanna be's simply cant register a business and trade, So, Victoria is the place to be !!!
Bottom line is, NSW got sick and tired of shoddy work, so called tradies just changing names when they did crap work after being paid, and so on and so on. But hey, Victoria is the place to be, become a chippy a mechanic etc etc and make yourself some money !!!!!!
My opinion doesn't change, just because Victoria allows this to happen.
No one is trade qualified after 6 months, But Hell, here in Victoria, you can start trading without any experience !

Col

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Yota wrote:Greg what sort of trade are you referring to ?
They are some hoops !
I'm a sparky and was in the early stages of considering a moved to WA or QLD and less than 2 years ago it was basically a money transfer, proof of ID and trade.
And the A Grade licence is one of the most regulated trades, along with plumbers.
Yes but you have a certificate 3 in electrotechnology and trained to Australian standards. Not Victorian standards. It makes sense to have your trade recognised in a different state of the same country.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:25 am

[quote="blacklab99"]Hey Sturg,
NSW operates under a slightly different set of rules.
It has nothing to do with showing your trade cert, if you are being an employee for someone, so its not really worth him mentioning it Actually.
If an employer hires an unqualified tradesman, then the owness is on them.
What Greg was trying to refer too, is in NSW to be self employed, you must have a licence, to get that licence, you must do a course to become approved before your issued with a licence, to be able to trade, otherwise you cant even advertise for work.
In Victoria, you can call yourself anything you want, advertise your an expert in anything you want, so un-qualified people can basically do what they want. That's why Greg was saying you couldn't do that in NSW, he wouldn't meet the criteria, no trade qualifications.
I think it's actually a good thing what NSW does, that means wanna be's simply cant register a business and trade, So, Victoria is the place to be !!!
Bottom line is, NSW got sick and tired of shoddy work, so called tradies just changing names when they did crap work after being paid, and so on and so on. But hey, Victoria is the place to be, become a chippy a mechanic etc etc and make yourself some money !!!!!!
My opinion doesn't change, just because Victoria allows this to happen.
No one is trade qualified after 6 months, But Hell, here in Victoria, you can start trading without any experience !

Thanks for summing this up 100 percent.
I should not have said 6 months i feel like a goose now. How many so called tilers know how to tile a swimming pool,or a staircase,[water problems are a tilers biggest nightemare]

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Greg, There are a few "old schoolers" who were around pryor to even apprentices, in my trade that are the best I've worked with.
You sound like one of those blokes........
Experience, has no pier in my opinion, a lot of the "old school" ways are being lost through tecnology.
Along with a lot of trades being Dissected up and now Tec courses giving certificates without any hands on experience.
Each generation that passes, we loose all that knowledge through automation of so many trades.
Oh well, such is life yeah.

Col

Return to “Off Topic Forum”