Isnt this crap.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Isnt this crap.

Post by ducky » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:18 am

Any time like this is a time for reflection and change. What I’m reading here is a huge sense of entitlement. If that attitude follows you through your work life I can see why an employer would move you on.

I’d reflect on what’s occurred and see if anything was in your power to change. Then change it moving forward.

The following is general advice. Not aimed directly at you.

Sense of entitlement. Poor work ethic. No accountability. Lack of trust. All of these are reasons you can put your employer offside. 1 poor conversation or bad body language can ruin your career with a business especially when starting out. You need to be acutely aware of that at all times. It’s those who can’t that tend to bounce from casual job to casual job.

You can have all the experience in the world but if you have flawed personality trait you refuse to take feedback on or work on your managers will allow others to get ahead of you or move you on for someone else. It’s simple but many people believe that they are irreplaceable. Everyone can be replaced...

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm

ducky wrote:Any time like this is a time for reflection and change. What I’m reading here is a huge sense of entitlement. If that attitude follows you through your work life I can see why an employer would move you on.

I’d reflect on what’s occurred and see if anything was in your power to change. Then change it moving forward.

Sense of entitlement. Poor work ethic. No accountability. Lack of trust. All of these are reasons you can put your employer offside. 1 poor conversation or bad body language can ruin your career with a business especially when starting out. You need to be acutely aware of that at all times. It’s those who can’t that tend to bounce from casual job to casual job.

You can have all the experience in the world but if you have flawed personality trait you refuse to take feedback on or work on your managers will allow others to get ahead of you or move you on for someone else. It’s simple but many people believe that they are irreplaceable. Everyone can be replaced...
The reason my employer has treated me so bad is, the managers are as you describe.
They definately don't take "constructive criticism" (or there abouts) well
My best effort was during a particularly heated meeting with the Branch Manager. The manager was ranting and raving about stats, saying why can't this be done, the stats do not lie. I said simple maths says your stats are wrong. He hands me 40 pages of stats and said, do your best (I though he was a bit aggressive, at this stage). Within 15 minutes, I proved the stats wrong (or the interpretation). Maybe the word incompetent was mentioned. That was 5 years ago and it looks like they'll finally succeed.
So.. if you upset a manager, look out, they'll win.
Cheers Gra

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:03 pm

If it was me , first thing I'd sell would be the boat....

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:09 pm

ducky wrote:Any time like this is a time for reflection and change. What I’m reading here is a huge sense of entitlement. If that attitude follows you through your work life I can see why an employer would move you on.

The issue was i am a junior person at work amd a complaint was sent up to head office about my professionalism from a client but the issue was i was restricted on what i was allowed to do by the immediate supersivor and i kept her upto date every 45 mins and needed her permission to do anything else.

So by following clear and reasonable instructions set down by the person incharge hense following the policies and procedures of the facility i get im in the right but still get introuble.
Hense getting used as a scape goat cos i was in my 6 months.
Instead of the supervisor acting and giving me alternative assistance, i get the blame.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:23 pm

Agree ducky and would like to add the world doesn't owe anybody a favour.

Bad stuff happens every day in the world and you need to put it in perspective.

There some people out there in real trouble with various terminal diseases trying to grasp onto little hope and enjoy there last few days with family and friends.

Losing a rental property wouldn't be a high on a list imo

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:41 pm

Texas wrote: My best effort was during a particularly heated meeting with the Branch Manager. The manager was ranting and raving about stats, saying why can't this be done, the stats do not lie.I said simple maths says your stats are wrong. He hands me 40 pages of stats and said, do your best (I though he was a bit aggressive, at this stage). Within 15 minutes,I proved the stats wrong (or the interpretation). Maybe the word incompetent was mentioned. That was 5 years ago and it looks like they'll finally succeed.
Cheers Gra
Then you deserve to be fired. You probably got his job or his bosses' job if you had the right attitude. In a workplace environment where there is hierarchy, You don't prove people wrong. You make them realize they are wrong. That is how you get ahead if someone is paying your salary.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Texas wrote: My best effort was during a particularly heated meeting with the Branch Manager. The manager was ranting and raving about stats, saying why can't this be done, the stats do not lie.I said simple maths says your stats are wrong. He hands me 40 pages of stats and said, do your best (I though he was a bit aggressive, at this stage). Within 15 minutes,I proved the stats wrong (or the interpretation). Maybe the word incompetent was mentioned. That was 5 years ago and it looks like they'll finally succeed.
Cheers Gra
Then you deserve to be fired. You probably got his job or his bosses' job if you had the right attitude. In a workplace environment where there is hierarchy, You don't prove people wrong. You make them realize they are wrong. That is how you get ahead if someone is paying your salary.
Unfortunately not my style, never did get a promotion.
Been off work for over 2 years now (workcover, new knee).
By law, They don't have to take me back , so they won't
Cheers Gra
P.s. 32 years as a worker and still love "proving" HR & management wrong , even though I'm off work.
Pps.. If you go on workcover, you need to study regulations etc ( depending on your bosses)
Last edited by Texas on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Refer to my bottom paragraph tex. it’s that attitude that will make you lose out every time.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Texas wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
Cheers Gra
Unfortunately not my style, never did get a promotion.
Been off work for over 2 years now (workcover, new knee).
By law, They don't have to take me back , so they won't
Cheers Gra
If only you had the right attitude, you could have been the boss...who knows.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Spot on, I can vouch for this personally, as I've discussed with Ducky before. I open my mouth to much, and tell people exactly what I'm thinking, not always the best policy as I've found out

Return to “Off Topic Forum”