Isnt this crap.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Isnt this crap.

Post by Texas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Ducky, you are correct.
Truth be told, I have done plenty of "acting", but I can't stand the politics of management
If your earning $200,000+, you should know what your talking about.
I'm happy, just being a worker (or was).
Cheers Gra

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Texas wrote:Ducky, you are correct.
Truth be told, I have done plenty of "acting", but I can't stand the politics of management
If your earning $200,000+, you should know what your talking about.
I'm happy, just being a worker (or was).
Cheers Gra
Let's go fishing! :water:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:43 pm

CarlG wrote:
ducky wrote:Any time like this is a time for reflection and change. What I’m reading here is a huge sense of entitlement. If that attitude follows you through your work life I can see why an employer would move you on.

I’d reflect on what’s occurred and see if anything was in your power to change. Then change it moving forward.

The following is general advice. Not aimed directly at you.

Sense of entitlement. Poor work ethic. No accountability. Lack of trust. All of these are reasons you can put your employer offside. 1 poor conversation or bad body language can ruin your career with a business especially when starting out. You need to be acutely aware of that at all times. It’s those who can’t that tend to bounce from casual job to casual job.

You can have all the experience in the world but if you have flawed personality trait you refuse to take feedback on or work on your managers will allow others to get ahead of you or move you on for someone else. It’s simple but many people believe that they are irreplaceable. Everyone can be replaced...
Spot on, I can vouch for this personally, as I've discussed with Ducky before. I open my mouth to much, and tell people exactly what I'm thinking, not always the best policy as I've found out
Open your mouth and spit it out. How's gunna with the flat water lately?

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:
ducky wrote:Any time like this is a time for reflection and change. What I’m reading here is a huge sense of entitlement. If that attitude follows you through your work life I can see why an employer would move you on.

I’d reflect on what’s occurred and see if anything was in your power to change. Then change it moving forward.

Sense of entitlement. Poor work ethic. No accountability. Lack of trust. All of these are reasons you can put your employer offside. 1 poor conversation or bad body language can ruin your career with a business especially when starting out. You need to be acutely aware of that at all times. It’s those who can’t that tend to bounce from casual job to casual job.

You can have all the experience in the world but if you have flawed personality trait you refuse to take feedback on or work on your managers will allow others to get ahead of you or move you on for someone else. It’s simple but many people believe that they are irreplaceable. Everyone can be replaced...
Spot on, I can vouch for this personally, as I've discussed with Ducky before. I open my mouth to much, and tell people exactly what I'm thinking, not always the best policy as I've found out
Open your mouth and spit it out. How's gunna with the flat water lately?
Moist.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:39 pm

:rofl:

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Texas wrote:P.s. 32 years as a worker and still love "proving" HR & management wrong ,
Looks like we will all be paying your wage for a long time. That attitude would be toxic to any Company's culture.
Last edited by piscateur on Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:22 pm

piscateur wrote:
Texas wrote:P.s. 32 years as a worker and still love "proving" HR & management wrong ,
Looks like we will all be paying your wage you for a long time. That attitude would be toxic to any Company's culture.
Ha ha

baitworms

Post by baitworms » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:46 pm

There's only one solution.
Rent your place and live with your family yours/hers, till you find a job and stop spending PDQ.
I've been thru it my employer used the start of the GST as "we just lost a contract"
I moved bush rented found work, worked 3 jobs day/night weekend till the bank balance improved.
Centrelink gave me a hard time "why have you moved to the Bush" because I can, found work within a week, stayed for 15 years.
Have you a trade ? how old are you, 4 year apprenticeship sound bad? Think out side what you are use too!
Truck drivers are paid well above due to shortage ?
Back hoe, bob cat, Bulldozer, retraining in any of theses give you opportunities once trained start your own business
I've dug graves, run garbage, swept streets, landscaping , drove Interstate transport, always chasing good pay **** jobs that nobody wants.
And by continuing to bag Centrelink your attitude is on "why me" instead of I have to get off my arse.
As I said I've been there, bitterness consumed me But! life goes on with or without you the traffic light still work, the trains & buses continue.
Its you that have stopped.
Note: I should have added when it happened I was 50, today we own our home in Melb.
Both my wife and I worked our arse off, every squeak & rattle in our place is ours.
And at seventy + we're going bush again.
Last edited by baitworms on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:09 pm

I could have quoted Purples post as well as a reference, but Ducky nailed it.
I wasn't going to comment and this is nothing personal, as I do have empathy with your situation.
One poster blamed the liberals for your predicament, and you've questioned why centre link pay out wont cover your expenses.
Well, Centre link are for those in trouble, a catch nett for those in the long term unemployed sector and also now for the disabled needing carers etc etc etc, I could go on.........
To expect centre link to fund your current lifestyle, with the assets you have, is nothing short of @@@@@ ( I wont say the word.)
You are able bodied, have assets to sell should things get dyer, and should no way be entitled to anything ! Now that may sound harsh, but that money needs to go to people that truly are in trouble and need it the most. Sell the boat, down size your car, sell your rental.
I think we've all been in the horrible situation you have at some stage in our lives, I've been a worker, a manager, an owner, the lot in fact, There are some shite managers out there, agreed, but sometimes when you have responsibilities you have to bite the lip and put up with a bit of crap to ensure you can meet your commitments, we've all had shite jobs at some stage in our lives.
There's plenty of work out their, maybe not what your used too, but hell, I'd go on the rubbish trucks if I was in the same position, I'd never go to centre link, especially with what you have in assets.
Ducky nailed it, " Sense of entitlement" for someone that was planning recently to be self sufficient or debt free for a good quality of life, then wanting a hand out from centre link, Geeez, I'd a kept that one to yourself Smile.
But good luck with getting work, it's out their mate, plenty of it, just don't be to picky with what you have to do short term...goodluck

Col

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Plenty of contract harvesters need equipment and truck drivers.
Of course this is seasonal, they are willing to train right people
Made good money on the pea viners 40 years ago
Cheers Gra

Return to “Off Topic Forum”