Building in a rural area

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Building in a rural area

Post by rb85 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:44 pm

phil1818 wrote:
Huntnfish wrote:Why is it that the mods let this two morons continually hijack threads. When will a Mod grow a set and do their job :down:
Not happy with people answering a question mate?
Think the discussion here is very relevant. Phil has provided some good info.

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:47 pm

rb85 wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
Huntnfish wrote:Why is it that the mods let this two morons continually hijack threads. When will a Mod grow a set and do their job :down:
Not happy with people answering a question mate?
Think the discussion here is very relevant. Phil has provided some good info.
Think this is one time we do agree :rofl: would of thought a bloke asking about building having a bloke who is a registered builder answer questions was pretty relevant and hardly a hijack but each to there own

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:28 pm

phil1818 wrote:You do realise there is a completely seperate home warranty insurance policy seperate to the builder on every single job that is there to protect the consumer, they will pay for any rectification works then chase the builder if he refuses to fix it that lasts for 10 years. Not to mention a 3rd party inspector can only go by what the plans say and I garentee they will not be able to tell you your going to have problems like slab heave by looking at it that stuff has to do with building on sh*t ground so you will of wasted money on a 3rd party inspector and still end up with problems 100% seen it on plenty of jobs makes absolutely no difference and even if your said inspector notices something but the APPOINTED inspector says it’s fine then what?? Because your 3rd party guy is not the one signing the build off and passing the inspections = totally wasting your money
Spot on. If old mate who is a 3rd party inspector picks something what are you to do? Go tell your supervisor and he will say it's been signed off by the inspector as per the engineering. But thanks anyways. Now get off sight as your not permitted on here. And you have just got off on the wrong foot with your super and they can make life hard for you

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:40 pm

So builders insurance covers if he makes a mistake or i take our separate isurance for that under my home and contents insurance

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:41 pm

Hosery wrote:
phil1818 wrote:You do realise there is a completely seperate home warranty insurance policy seperate to the builder on every single job that is there to protect the consumer, they will pay for any rectification works then chase the builder if he refuses to fix it that lasts for 10 years. Not to mention a 3rd party inspector can only go by what the plans say and I garentee they will not be able to tell you your going to have problems like slab heave by looking at it that stuff has to do with building on sh*t ground so you will of wasted money on a 3rd party inspector and still end up with problems 100% seen it on plenty of jobs makes absolutely no difference and even if your said inspector notices something but the APPOINTED inspector says it’s fine then what?? Because your 3rd party guy is not the one signing the build off and passing the inspections = totally wasting your money
Spot on. If old mate who is a 3rd party inspector picks something what are you to do? Go tell your supervisor and he will say it's been signed off by the inspector as per the engineering. But thanks anyways. Now get off sight as your not permitted on here. And you have just got off on the wrong foot with your super and they can make life hard for you

100% mate it’s a tough situation to navigate but I really think the best way is to just do your research on the builder prior to engaging him it’s much easier these days to check them out with the internet and people reviewing builders

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:41 pm

one2three wrote:
Hosery wrote:
one2three wrote:Also allow an extra $5K in your budget to have your own independent building inspector who WORKS for you and not the builder.
May I ask why the heck you would even consider wasting 5k of your hard earned on something like that? I'd save the 5k and put it towards extras, landscaping etc.

All these people that think the inspectors only work for the building company to help them out have no idea. Everything has to comply with industry standards and the engineering. And if said inspector is dodgy they will be answering to the vba and have their head on the chopping block.

Plus you can choose your own building inspector for your build nowadays instead of hiring 1 independently
You should go to VCAT and see how many issues people have in their build.

VBA is a toothless tiger.

Many sites have engineering issues, slab heave, building surveyors are corrupted.

Make sure you engage a person to look at your contract.

Here a few links

https://m.facebook.com/vicbuildingactiongroup/

https://m.facebook.com/safeashouses.au/

People look for help once they encounter problems, $5K is cheaper at the start than a legal system that cost tens of thousands.
That 5k you spend is a waste of time. The builder will say we use this building inspector and your well within your rights to say no thanks I want this person and that's it. Done. So saved yourself 5k right there.

I'm a Concretor so I'm well aware on slab heave. I can tell you old mate inspector isn't going to be able to look at the prepped job and say it's going to heave. Slabs can heave from a number of things. People need to stop building in stupid places and digging houses in holes

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 pm

smile0784 wrote:So builders insurance covers if he makes a mistake or i take our separate isurance for that under my home and contents insurance
It’s called home warranty insurance , it’s nothing to do with the builder per say it’s a mandatory independent building insurance policy that was brought in by the government to protect the consumer. The policy does not have any affiliation with the builder and basically what it does is steps in if the builder refuses to rectify a structural issue that is his fault. They will pay for any repairs then they chase the builder to recover there costs so the consumer doesn’t have to. A lot of builders like to not make the client aware of the policy but you can not get a building permit without it so every job has it these days

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Hosery wrote:
one2three wrote:
Hosery wrote:
one2three wrote:Also allow an extra $5K in your budget to have your own independent building inspector who WORKS for you and not the builder.
May I ask why the heck you would even consider wasting 5k of your hard earned on something like that? I'd save the 5k and put it towards extras, landscaping etc.

All these people that think the inspectors only work for the building company to help them out have no idea. Everything has to comply with industry standards and the engineering. And if said inspector is dodgy they will be answering to the vba and have their head on the chopping block.

Plus you can choose your own building inspector for your build nowadays instead of hiring 1 independently
You should go to VCAT and see how many issues people have in their build.

VBA is a toothless tiger.

Many sites have engineering issues, slab heave, building surveyors are corrupted.

Make sure you engage a person to look at your contract.

Here a few links

https://m.facebook.com/vicbuildingactiongroup/

https://m.facebook.com/safeashouses.au/

People look for help once they encounter problems, $5K is cheaper at the start than a legal system that cost tens of thousands.
That 5k you spend is a waste of time. The builder will say we use this building inspector and your well within your rights to say no thanks I want this person and that's it. Done. So saved yourself 5k right there.

I'm a Concretor so I'm well aware on slab heave. I can tell you old mate inspector isn't going to be able to look at the prepped job and say it's going to heave. Slabs can heave from a number of things. People need to stop building in stupid places and digging houses in holes

Yeh spot on mate

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:53 pm

Too many small fish around bairnesdale. Would be low on my list of tree change places.

But if I was going to head there it would be Paynesville on newlands arm. Stuff all distance from bairnesdale and right on the lakes.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:31 pm

Isnt that you het the soil tested first to advise if ground is stable

Return to “Off Topic Forum”