Building in a rural area

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
phil1818

Re: Building in a rural area

Post by phil1818 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:11 am

smile0784 wrote:Isnt that you het the soil tested first to advise if ground is stable
Yes you do have soil testing done first and it is normally spot on but ground conditions change constantly over time with moisture change and depending on if you have a heap of trees close to the footings ect ect. It is rare that things go wrong so don’t let that put you off as long as you don’t build over land fill or in a swamp you will be fine mate

one2three

Post by one2three » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:29 am

Head over to the Homeone forum as their is a wealth of information.

Home owners should not need to educate themselves on how a home is built that's what professionals are for.

Unfortunately currently there is a lot of lack of governance in Victoria and its in your interest and monies you are parting with you get every cent you pay for.

I will stand by the fact you should have an independent inspector with grunt and experience working for you, this can be put into your contract before you sign.

One goes looking for help when things either go south or fail all to often.
Jack of all trades, Master of none

baitworms

Post by baitworms » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:55 pm

ducky wrote:Too many small fish around bairnesdale. Would be low on my list of tree change places.

But if I was going to head there it would be Paynesville on newlands arm. Stuff all distance from bairnesdale and right on the lakes.
Paynesville, what a suggestion.
Boating mecca, holiday mecca, but limited fishing opportunities there's bream, flathead, tailor & dolphins.
Still would need to travel for main shopping supermarkets are in Bairnsdale.
And don't forget the blue-green algae.
I'm doing the same where to? back to East Gippsland but further down around Lakes Entrance.
Pro's- Entrance to bass strait, better salt water varieties.
Lake Tyers, Marlo , Bemm River.
Supermarkets in Lakes.
Cons- too many people during holidays
Struggle to fish on weekends, get crowded in.
My other thought is Yarram, plenty of opportunities for fishing and Supermarkets are there.
And no matter where you are any major medical issue you are transferred to Traralgon Hospital.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:57 am

baitworms wrote:
ducky wrote:Too many small fish around bairnesdale. Would be low on my list of tree change places.

But if I was going to head there it would be Paynesville on newlands arm. Stuff all distance from bairnesdale and right on the lakes.
Boating mecca, holiday mecca, but limited fishing opportunities there's bream, flathead, tailor & dolphins.
I'm doing the same where to? back to East Gippsland but further down around Lakes Entrance.
Supermarkets in Lakes.
My other thought is Yarram, plenty of opportunities for fishing and Supermarkets are there.
And no matter where you are any major medical issue you are transferred to Traralgon Hospital.
Agree with the small fish. Only so many Bream and small flatties one can catch. But if you had your heart set on the area it’s 20 mins to bairnesdale and 20-30 minute run by boat to lakes entrance from Paynesville in any kind of weather you’d go offshore in.

FYI my holiday house location when I can afford one will be Venus bay.

Very few amenities. No schools. Housing market there is screwed. Properties barely increase in price. But the location is friggin amazing if you love the water.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:39 am

ducky wrote:
baitworms wrote:

Supermarkets in Lakes.
Agree with the small fish. Only so many Bream and small flatties one can catch. But if you had your heart set on the area it’s 20 mins to bairnesdale and 20-30 minute run by boat to lakes entrance from Paynesville in any kind of weather you’d go offshore in.

FYI my holiday house location when I can afford one will be Venus bay.

Very few amenities. No schools. Housing market there is screwed. Properties barely increase in price. But the location is friggin amazing if you love the water.
Blocks a little over 100k fishing is pretty good offshore access is limited via Walkerville or inverloch bar.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Perch in the river and inlet. Jews in the same area. Gummies and standard estuary species in the lake. Salmon on the beaches. Surfing. Patrolled beaches. It’s not all about offshore. But nothing wrong with beach launching walkerville and best of all. No crowds like Phillip island.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:31 pm

What more do you want :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Sunny skies calm seas and time off work lol

And good mates to talk **** with while your catching the big one lol

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm

ducky wrote:Perch in the river and inlet. Jews in the same area. Gummies and standard estuary species in the lake. Salmon on the beaches. Surfing. Patrolled beaches. It’s not all about offshore. But nothing wrong with beach launching walkerville and best of all. No crowds like Phillip island.
Not disagreeing with you spent plenty of time down there keep an eye on the property available. The walkerville launch isn’t that bad just not as easy if the winds come up.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:32 pm

smile0784 wrote:Sunny skies calm seas and time off work lol

And good mates to talk sh*t with while your catching the big one lol
Doesn’t sound too bad at all.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”