Building in a rural area

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6996
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Building in a rural area

Postby smile0784 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Went to seen a few display homes today and they said i have to pay a.extra charge to build in a rural area but they wouldnt tell me how much.

Does.anyone.have a idea on how extra it will be or how it is calculated?



Remove these ads.

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale

Re: Building in a rural area

Postby bowl » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:54 pm

My dad is in phillp island , on his renovation tried a local builder , local builder was not up to scratch and he to get mainland builders and cost lot more.

Hosery
Rank: Flathead
Rank: Flathead
Posts: 256
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Building in a rural area

Postby Hosery » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:08 pm

You obviously just went to the standard volume builders. Can't help you on exactly how much extra the build is. But it's nothing extreme. Cost of land is considerably cheaper so way in front that way. If you get serious they will be able to tell how much it will cost. Probly a lazy salesman not interested really because it's not their sale. Possibly email the builders from where your looking at building for a answer.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6996
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Building in a rural area

Postby smile0784 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:56 am

bowl wrote:My dad is in phillp island , on his renovation tried a local builder , local builder was not up to scratch and he to get mainland builders and cost lot more.


The display homes we visited that we liked also display homes in bairnsdale and slready have builders in town on there approved list master builders list

So dont understand why they charge extra

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6996
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Building in a rural area

Postby smile0784 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:01 am

Hosery wrote:You obviously just went to the standard volume builders. Can't help you on exactly how much extra the build is. But it's nothing extreme. Cost of land is considerably cheaper so way in front that way. If you get serious they will be able to tell how much it will cost. Probly a lazy salesman not interested really because it's not their sale. Possibly email the builders from where your looking at building for a answer.


We told the lady we serious and we like the display home and whats include and the base price and few extras and happy to sign up on Tuesday and pay a deposit depending added rural price if it all fitted in our budget
I still dont think she think i was serious.

rb85
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean

Re: Building in a rural area

Postby rb85 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:16 am

Might be worth contacting their local office in Bairnsdale.
What about builders who do their own jobs not the typical volume builders?



Remove these ads.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6996
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Building in a rural area

Postby smile0784 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:32 am

Was thinking calling them today.

I was looking up local builders but they dont have much on there websites and my wife like to look at the floor plan before she does anything lol

rb85
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean

Re: Building in a rural area

Postby rb85 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:53 am

smile0784 wrote:Was thinking calling them today.

I was looking up local builders but they dont have much on there websites and my wife like to look at the floor plan before she does anything lol


That's fair enough. Might be worth looking into sometimes the volume builders squeeze their subbies so tight that quality goes by the wayside.

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8840
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Building in a rural area

Postby Lightningx » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:44 am

Where abouts were you thinking mate?

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale

Re: Building in a rural area

Postby bowl » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:30 am

Cost of getting materials would be more $$$ in rural areas.



Remove these ads.


Return to “Off Topic Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests