Has the world gone bonkers?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6101
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Has the world gone bonkers?

Postby smile0784 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:56 pm

Exactly



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Fish-cador
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Posts: 6073
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: Has the world gone bonkers?

Postby Fish-cador » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:38 pm

purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:you do raise a valid point Texas,
this will also be an invitation for people to jaywalk and claim they cant speak English.


If you dont speak english how do they know its english


Last time I checked australia is an English speaking country man. So what else would they write it in ?


Not in my area. Not anymore. I can no longer read the menu here. Lol

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6101
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Has the world gone bonkers?

Postby smile0784 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Lol signs on buildings no loger english either

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Has the world gone bonkers?

Postby Lightningx » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:38 pm

I’ve noticed that as well :rofl:

Texas
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:41 am
Location: Hoppers Crossing

Re: Has the world gone bonkers?

Postby Texas » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:06 pm

purple5ive wrote:It's a commonly used excuse by outsiders to get out of problems with the law here.

If you read my post it says . It COULD be used as an excuse.

Heard about situations where people have got out of parking fines. Because they couldn't read English so they didnt know it was a no standing zone. Or loading zone etc etc.

The point is THEY CAN VERY WELL SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND ENGLISH
But use it as an excuse to get out of trouble. Our dumb courts let them off too. That's the worst part...


We did have "walk & don't walk" signs, they were changed so tourist etc could understand them.
Parking signs were also changed to reflect "overseas" designs
"No speeka de engrish" Will not get you off a traffic or parking fine, unless you take it to court.
Most people who go to court with a reasonable excuse (parking anyway) will get off
Furthermore interstaters have the same problem. Road and parking rules differ between states.
The above is fact, not hearsay.
Cheers Gra

Rob1
Rank: Garfish
Rank: Garfish
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Re: Has the world gone bonkers?

Postby Rob1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:47 am

All I can say is yes! I'm going through a divorce and have done nothing wrong and get treated like a piece of s%#@t just because I'm a man. Its been going for 3 years now just getting drawn out by the other half. All I want is it to end so I can get on with my life The only people it really hurts are the kids. Oh well that's my beef today. Lets go fishing and all is good.



Remove these ads.

Stumpjumper
Rank: Garfish
Rank: Garfish
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:16 am
Location: NE Victoria

Re: Has the world gone bonkers?

Postby Stumpjumper » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:11 am

Thank the Rosie Batty industry and those dickhead all men are wife beater TV ads. White, male, and hetero are apparently the cause of all the world's problems. Must p1ss them off that these very people invented and built pretty much everything.

Josho
Rank: Banjo
Rank: Banjo
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:38 am
Location: Melb to G Town

Re: Has the world gone bonkers?

Postby Josho » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Some proper fuckin red necks on this forum, **** me.

Stumpjumper
Rank: Garfish
Rank: Garfish
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:16 am
Location: NE Victoria

Re: Has the world gone bonkers?

Postby Stumpjumper » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:44 pm

You say that like it's a bad thing. :o_0:

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6101
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Has the world gone bonkers?

Postby smile0784 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Texas wrote:
purple5ive wrote:It's a commonly used excuse by outsiders to get out of problems with the law here.

If you read my post it says . It COULD be used as an excuse.

Heard about situations where people have got out of parking fines. Because they couldn't read English so they didnt know it was a no standing zone. Or loading zone etc etc.

The point is THEY CAN VERY WELL SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND ENGLISH
But use it as an excuse to get out of trouble. Our dumb courts let them off too. That's the worst part...


We did have "walk & don't walk" signs, they were changed so tourist etc could understand them.
Parking signs were also changed to reflect "overseas" designs
"No speeka de engrish" Will not get you off a traffic or parking fine, unless you take it to court.
Most people who go to court with a reasonable excuse (parking anyway) will get off
Furthermore interstaters have the same problem. Road and parking rules differ between states.
The above is fact, not hearsay.
Cheers Gra


If they cant understand a walk word how did they know green man means walk.
Also how they or pay for anything on cash or sign receipt if they cant legally read english.



Remove these ads.


Return to “Off Topic Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: grinderz and 8 guests