What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6019
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Postby smile0784 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Got a problem with hot shower in the ensuite.
Changed washers twice and changed the shower head and water pressure is still low and still low and the hot water keeps fluxuating from hot to cold with more cold then hot.

We go to the shower.in second bedroom and continous hot water an great pressure.

Anyone got any ideas?



Remove these ads.

Texas
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:41 am
Location: Hoppers Crossing

Re: What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Postby Texas » Tue May 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Wife in the kitchen ??!
Washing machine on ??
Dishwasher on ???
Just because they're told your in the shower, doesn't mean you'll be ok

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6019
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Postby smile0784 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:51 pm

No other water being used

Texas
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:41 am
Location: Hoppers Crossing

Re: What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Postby Texas » Tue May 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Same HWS, new or old house ???
Having a unit in the back yard, I have to make are sure nobody is using water, anywhere
I feel your pain
Cheers Gra

User avatar
one2three
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:58 am

Re: What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Postby one2three » Tue May 15, 2018 8:01 pm

smile0784 wrote:Got a problem with hot shower in the ensuite.
Changed washers twice and changed the shower head and water pressure is still low and still low and the hot water keeps fluxuating from hot to cold with more cold then hot.

We go to the shower.in second bedroom and continous hot water an great pressure.

Anyone got any ideas?


Does your hot water unit have an attached solar system?
Jack of all trades, Master of none

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6019
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Postby smile0784 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Texas wrote:Same HWS, new or old house ???
Having a unit in the back yard, I have to make are sure nobody is using water, anywhere
I feel your pain
Cheers Gra


House is about 5 years old
Yep same hws. Solor with gas back up



Remove these ads.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6019
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Postby smile0784 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:07 pm

one2three wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Got a problem with hot shower in the ensuite.
Changed washers twice and changed the shower head and water pressure is still low and still low and the hot water keeps fluxuating from hot to cold with more cold then hot.

We go to the shower.in second bedroom and continous hot water an great pressure.

Anyone got any ideas?


Does your hot water unit have an attached solar system?

Yep the salar but at 630 pm at night gas unit was working well

Dazzac
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Postby Dazzac » Tue May 15, 2018 9:05 pm

If you have just changed shower head, then I will say that there is a little grommet thingy inside the head itself has dislodged and blocking pressure. Had the same problem, take the head off and throw the little grommet thing away. The pressure will be the best you've had...
Hope that makes sense and works for ya...
Cheers Daz

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6019
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Postby smile0784 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:21 pm

What it look like?

User avatar
one2three
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:58 am

Re: What up with my f..ken hotwater?

Postby one2three » Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Go into a bunnings so you can see what a grommet looks like and see where it sits.
Jack of all trades, Master of none



Remove these ads.


Return to “Off Topic Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mattblack, phil1818, purple5ive, russellh2, shogan06 and 10 guests