Waeco CFX 50

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Waeco CFX 50

Post by smile0784 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Agree with changing the plug definitely

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Pethrk wrote:
barra mick wrote:
Pethrk wrote:Hi guys I’m looking at purchasing a waeco cfx 50, was just wondering What everyone’s experiences have been with this camping fridge, I’m tossing up between this and a 40L Engel.

Thanks in advance
If you can afford the engal grab it...buy quality once and not have to fix it later on.

Ive got two engals( one for 20 yrs and one for ten) and there both been smashed around in boats and sh*t country and still going fantastic.

Bm
My only concern is the 40l being just a little
Small, I am going camping in may for 7 days with no power so just don’t know if the 40l would be enough
In the nt i live in.my boat for long periods...often 3 weeks with one 40 liter engal

I do it easy.

Simple things like krovacing your food makes alot fit in

Bm

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Good point. Getting rid of the packaging will make more room

Pethrk

Post by Pethrk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Hosery wrote:Mate go the waeco over the Engel. The extra size will make the difference. Yes the Engels are built to stand the test of time. But are very power hungry and over priced. I myself have a arb 47 litre and it has been a great fridge. Have had it 6-7 years. It lives on the back of the Ute in rain hail and shine and still going strong. I’d consider 1 of these if I were you. The missus and I travelled around aus for 7 months and had the arb and a cfx 35. The arb ran as a fridge and the waeco as a freezer. Both ran every single day and never missed a beat. I’ve since sold the waeco and now lives on a Ute 3 years on and still fine. I’d happily have another waeco and next fridge probly will be a waeco due to a growing family and the 47 is getting smallish. I have nothing against a Engel just think they are over priced and the others do just as good of a job if not better. Either way they will be better than a esky. First thing to do is get rid of the rubbish cigg plug and put a Anderson plug on much better plug.
Cheers mate appreciate the feedback.

Don’t know what to buy hahaha

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 pm

Bigger is always better lol.

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:03 pm

smile0784 wrote:Bigger is always better lol.
Not always need to work out what size suits best. The bigger the more power it will consume. A full fridge is more efficient than a half full fridge trying to cool down air. But it is easy to fill them with beer

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Pethrk wrote:
Hosery wrote:Mate go the waeco over the Engel. The extra size will make the difference. Yes the Engels are built to stand the test of time. But are very power hungry and over priced. I myself have a arb 47 litre and it has been a great fridge. Have had it 6-7 years. It lives on the back of the Ute in rain hail and shine and still going strong. I’d consider 1 of these if I were you. The missus and I travelled around aus for 7 months and had the arb and a cfx 35. The arb ran as a fridge and the waeco as a freezer. Both ran every single day and never missed a beat. I’ve since sold the waeco and now lives on a Ute 3 years on and still fine. I’d happily have another waeco and next fridge probly will be a waeco due to a growing family and the 47 is getting smallish. I have nothing against a Engel just think they are over priced and the others do just as good of a job if not better. Either way they will be better than a esky. First thing to do is get rid of the rubbish cigg plug and put a Anderson plug on much better plug.
Cheers mate appreciate the feedback.

Don’t know what to buy hahaha
Mate no matter what you buy waeco, Engel or arb you will be happy. I’d only consider those 3 brands all are quality gear. Just buy 1 and use it and you won’t look back.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Hosery wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Bigger is always better lol.
Not always need to work out what size suits best. The bigger the more power it will consume. A full fridge is more efficient than a half full fridge trying to cool down air. But it is easy to fill them with beer
Hes talking about a 40 engale or a 50 waeco.
So i would go bigger is better and go 50 lt. Has more uses akd at some point the freezer will be half empty lol

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:43 pm

smile0784 wrote:
I see alot of traidies with them in the back of there utes with covers and they look pretty worn out probably from sun and rain but never seen the actual freezer.

I know frozen pod has a cfx 90 in his 6.5mt boat and its gets banged around alot fishing 100nm off shore and in 3 to 5 mt swells.
I thinknits a hard riding boat
I have a CF65 my brother has an engle.

Both have had heaps of use and both are similar age. Both have been really good and I would buy either again.

With that being said the two main differences are:

Waeco can stay cooler and works better as a freezer than the engle.

Engle is noiser.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:52 pm

frozenpod wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
I see alot of traidies with them in the back of there utes with covers and they look pretty worn out probably from sun and rain but never seen the actual freezer.

I know frozen pod has a cfx 90 in his 6.5mt boat and its gets banged around alot fishing 100nm off shore and in 3 to 5 mt swells.
I thinknits a hard riding boat
I have a CF65 my brother has an engle.

Both have had heaps of use and both are similar age. Both have been really good and I would buy either again.

With that being said the two main differences are:

Waeco can stay cooler and works better as a freezer than the engle.

Engle is noiser.
I thought your brothers was bigger then 65

Return to “Off Topic Forum”