Ethnicities of Fishos

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Ethnicities of Fishos

Post by poodoo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:17 pm

ABC - Australian born Chinese, parents were from Singapore, grand parents from southern China

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:32 am

Indian.
Came here to study in 2014, been fishing ever since
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:45 am

smokin_reels wrote:Indian.
Living the dream

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:03 am

Unfortunately not all overseas students get a good education
5 years ago (or more) I spoke to 3 Indian students, in Little Lonsdale street
They were here to learn how to run a business
They were assured of a diploma, but learnt nothing
I did a detailed report & forwarded it to the relevant department
Can only hope that things are now much better, but, there will always be shisters
Cheers Gra

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:11 am

Texas wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:Indian.
Living the dream
Studying, fishing, 4 season in 1 day weather
Priceless

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:50 am

drew 2 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Queasy wrote:Australian, and we still have farm land that's been in the family since squatter times. Before that, had a relative trace ancestry back to England in the 1700's.
Inter Generational land ownership dating back to the 1700's wish I could claim ownership of crown land and become a member of the Melbourne club I may even join the National Farmers federation and the National Party whilst I'm at it then get in bed with the liberal party crush manufacturing industries in this country try and crush working people then ask for their support when the multinational finally crushes me.
Inlaws are still farming over at strathbogie on property that has been in the family since the 1860's.And employing 10 people.My side has 2 dairy farms that where established as soldier settlement farms after the first world war,and are still in the family, built up by my great grandparent's from the ground.Unfortunately some of the food probably goes to feeding furkwits with an attitude like yours.Do us all a favour if we are so bad for Inter generational farming, buy imported.Would hate good food to be wasted on someone with your attitude.

By the way i'm a proud member of the AMWU for over 35 years,blue collar through and through in the food industry.
Drew believe it or not mate part of my family comes from a farming background it doesn't stop me seeing it how it is. I do try and support Aussie farmers and manufacturers as much as possible it would be nice if those same farmers supported the working man. Being from a dairy background you would know to well about the deregulation of farm gate prices and who voted for that victorian dairy farmers thinking they could dominate the Australian market they didn't expect the multinationals to pull a stunt where they were competing on a global stage much like your comrades at ford and holden.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:54 am

Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Queasy wrote:Australian, and we still have farm land that's been in the family since squatter times. Before that, had a relative trace ancestry back to England in the 1700's.
Inter Generational land ownership dating back to the 1700's wish I could claim ownership of crown land and become a member of the Melbourne club I may even join the National Farmers federation and the National Party whilst I'm at it then get in bed with the liberal party crush manufacturing industries in this country try and crush working people then ask for their support when the multinational finally crushes me.
That's a bit rich....my great great..grandfather actually had a really good relationship with the local aborigines - traditional owners (you know before the crown claimed everything from them?) and we still have artefacts that they gifted him. 1865 was when he acquired it in central vic, and since then its been used to farm primarily sheep for wool and meat. You know, wool for export and food for the table for so many, pls spare me the political bull thanks.
A lot of industries provide contributions for society don't know why we get all nostalgic about farmers I wouldn't mind so much if farmers didn't constantly put themselves on a pedestal above everyone else telling them whats good for them whilst in the same breath had everything handed to them.

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:10 pm

rb85 wrote:
Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:
That's a bit rich....my great great..grandfather actually had a really good relationship with the local aborigines - traditional owners (you know before the crown claimed everything from them?) and we still have artefacts that they gifted him. 1865 was when he acquired it in central vic, and since then its been used to farm primarily sheep for wool and meat. You know, wool for export and food for the table for so many, pls spare me the political bull thanks.
A lot of industries provide contributions for society don't know why we get all nostalgic about farmers I wouldn't mind so much if farmers didn't constantly put themselves on a pedestal above everyone else telling them whats good for them whilst in the same breath had everything handed to them.
I'm no expert, but I know farmers who definitely haven't been handed everything. They work their asses off, battling drought, floods, pests etc, for not a lot of profit. Bit of a generalisation there I reckon.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:15 pm

Broomstick wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:
I'm no expert, but I know farmers who definitely haven't been handed everything. They work their asses off, battling drought, floods, pests etc, for not a lot of profit. Bit of a generalisation there I reckon.
Spread their tax payed over 5 years there are exceptions but in Australia there are multi generational holders of large amounts of land.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:01 pm

Broomstick wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:
spot on my uncles are dairy farmers and thats damm hard work just remember when we get pissed off because of the weather too hot too windy etc we can fish another day but when they cop shiity weather thats there livelyhood

Return to “Off Topic Forum”