Ethnicities of Fishos

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
cantcatchem

Re: Ethnicities of Fishos

Post by cantcatchem » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:46 am

Last time I checked the post it was about Ethnicities of fishos, boy, how did we end up in such a political mess? Maybe we could stick to the topic :oops:

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am

cantcatchem wrote:Last time I checked the post it was about Ethnicities of fishos, boy, how did we end up in such a political mess? Maybe we could stick to the topic :oops:
I wasn't a fan of this topic as soon as I seen it but anyway, well said cantcatchem, cheers davo.
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

brybry

Post by brybry » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:14 am

Purple...back in Oz now. Last few days in India was spent on a houseboat cruising the backwaters of Kerala. Gorgeous place (although they could do a better job of looking after it). Managed a spot of fishing, if you can call six foot of twenty pound line on the end of a bamboo pole with dough fishing. Jagged some tiddlers but would love to hit the place in a bream boat with a stack of plastics. Judging by the roadside fish stalls there are some monsters in there.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:14 am

davek wrote:
cantcatchem wrote:Last time I checked the post it was about Ethnicities of fishos, boy, how did we end up in such a political mess? Maybe we could stick to the topic :oops:
I wasn't a fan of this topic as soon as I seen it but anyway, well said cantcatchem, cheers davo.
I wasn't a fan either, I have cleaned what I believe to the worst.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:29 am

Mostly white with a slight hint of yellow

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:40 am

brybry wrote:Purple...back in Oz now. Last few days in India was spent on a houseboat cruising the backwaters of Kerala. Gorgeous place (although they could do a better job of looking after it). Managed a spot of fishing, if you can call six foot of twenty pound line on the end of a bamboo pole with dough fishing. Jagged some tiddlers but would love to hit the place in a bream boat with a stack of plastics. Judging by the roadside fish stalls there are some monsters in there.

Its a pretty magical place!
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
brybry wrote:Purple...back in Oz now. Last few days in India was spent on a houseboat cruising the backwaters of Kerala. Gorgeous place (although they could do a better job of looking after it). Managed a spot of fishing, if you can call six foot of twenty pound line on the end of a bamboo pole with dough fishing. Jagged some tiddlers but would love to hit the place in a bream boat with a stack of plastics. Judging by the roadside fish stalls there are some monsters in there.

Its a pretty magical place!
That's my hometown man.
Kochi to be precise.
And that's exactly how i learned to fish. Bit of mono tied together on a bamboo pole. Stone for a sinker and small hook.
And yes the have decimated the place now. Was a magical place. They don't call it gods own country for a reason. But Nowdays I'm not so sure. Been about 5 years since I've been back.
What fish did you catch? Cichlids?

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:14 pm

This is why I don't get involved in these topics, always get out of hand & personal for my liking.. :(
And I'm an Aussie, goes way back to my great Grandfather, hell knows how long ago though.. :-D

cheers
Adrian
Last edited by meppstas on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

brybry

Post by brybry » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Yeah, small Pearl Spot and a fish that kinda looked like a small roach...some member of the carp family.

The cook on the boat whipped up some masala fried Pearl Spot....just freakin amazing!

Paulanderson
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Paulanderson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:55 pm

My Scottish great grandfather deserted a sailing ship in Melbourne during the gold rush days so am very much from the Land of Oz. My mother came from England. Sadly like most hopefuls he found very little gold and ended up as a tram driver. Nobody else in my family is a fisho like me so am unsure just where those genes came from!

Return to “Off Topic Forum”