Fav Fishing Youtube Channels

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Fav Fishing Youtube Channels

Post by Kimtown » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 am

Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Unpopular opinion incoming - ifish (paul worsteling) is entertaining as ****.

Winga is informative and knowledgable, and fishes the same region as i do so i watch a lot of his videos, but **** hes a tosser.
Kills me to say it, but Winga does fantastic videos (he explains what he's doing, close up shots of lures, bait presentation, etc)

Must be hard for fishing commentators these days, Rex Hunt set the bar pretty high back in the 80's
Agreed, although obviously guys like rex hunt and andrew ettinghausen are/were merely tv personalities hosting a fishing program. They aren't professionals in the field unlike brendan wing or paul worsterling. Basically every tip or piece of advice they would have given would likely have been pre-researched and scripted.

Not that their is anything wrong with that but they do seem a lot less educated on the subject than other actual professional fishos.

I find PW a pisser though, in a dweeby nerdy kind of way. Cops a lot of criticism on social media for some of the things he does, but if anyone else were fortunate enough to be in his position they would do exactly the same. I know i would.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:57 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Unpopular opinion incoming - ifish (paul worsteling) is entertaining as ****.

Winga is informative and knowledgable, and fishes the same region as i do so i watch a lot of his videos, but **** hes a tosser.
Kills me to say it, but Winga does fantastic videos (he explains what he's doing, close up shots of lures, bait presentation, etc)

Must be hard for fishing commentators these days, Rex Hunt set the bar pretty high back in the 80's
Agreed, although obviously guys like rex hunt and andrew ettinghausen are/were merely tv personalities hosting a fishing program. They aren't professionals in the field unlike brendan wing or paul worsterling. Basically every tip or piece of advice they would have given would likely have been pre-researched and scripted.

Not that their is anything wrong with that but they do seem a lot less educated on the subject than other actual professional fishos.

I find PW a pisser though, in a dweeby nerdy kind of way. Cops a lot of criticism on social media for some of the things he does, but if anyone else were fortunate enough to be in his position they would do exactly the same. I know i would.
I think old Rex was pretty knowledgeable when it came to fishing -

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 am

+1 for Fishing Edge / Adventure Bound

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mingle » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:10 am

Rex was/is a full-on fisho. In the 60's he won many comps and gets plenty of mentions in the magazines of the day.

That's WELL before he was on the telly - not county the footy...

Adventure Bound was great - particularly the episodes with Neil and Andrew.

I don't like over-produced stuff where the anglers are nothing more than mobile ad-whores.

OzFish TV is good, because the do a fair bit of land-based stuff and often don't catch a huge amount, but they have a good time and the 'feel' of the show often mirrors what 99% of fishos experience.

Cheers,

Mike.

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am

I watch a hell of alot on there to learn, a few I like are:

Andy's Fishing: An interesting channel with lots of adventures, not Melbourne stuff but its good

Snapper Fishing Tackle: Talks through his stuff and helps the locals with info

Fishingmad: Has made a few good videos recently where he is talking through what he is doing (also has a great website with heaps of tips)

I pretty much search 'Melbourne fishing' most days to see if there is anything new locally and from that it sends you to video after video and I find myself watching lots of smaller channels etc. Youtube is a great place for learning.

I have been working on my own channel LandFishTV, although it's fairly new I am getting more and more content, along with getting better at the editing side of things so hopefully it all goes well as time goes on. It's mainly concentrated on lure fishing but will be including various different things into the future.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:50 am

LINwAd wrote:I watch a hell of alot on there to learn, a few I like are:

Andy's Fishing: An interesting channel with lots of adventures, not Melbourne stuff but its good

Fishingmad: Has made a few good videos recently where he is talking through what he is doing (also has a great website with heaps of tips)

I pretty much search 'Melbourne fishing' most days to see if there is anything new locally and from that it sends you to video after video and I find myself watching lots of smaller channels etc. Youtube is a great place for learning.

I have been working on my own channel LandFishTV, although it's fairly new I am getting more and more content, along with getting better at the editing side of things so hopefully it all goes well as time goes on. It's mainly concentrated on lure fishing but will be including various different things into the future.
Nice ill have a look. What filming equipment do you use?

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 am

Kimtown wrote:
LINwAd wrote:I watch a hell of alot on there to learn, a few I like are:

Nice ill have a look. What filming equipment do you use?
For ease of use I mainly use a GoPro Hero5 Black with external batteries on a chest mount or holding it. I also have a Panasonic camera that I may be using in the future as well.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:39 pm

How much does a good go pro go for these days

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 pm

yepi'mon wrote: I think old Rex was pretty knowledgeable when it came to fishing -

He also worked with Starlo and Bushy which is what really made his show great.

Lee is probably the best at explaining detailed rigs and fishing techniques IMO.

Paul Foot

Post by Paul Foot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 pm

LandFishTV :) is pretty cool, makes me want to get into soft plastic fishing a lot more. I have also discovered Sand Flat Fishing Australia, dude in Queensland stalking flathead and whiting in the shallows with lures, really informative, and seeing as flathead and whiting are what I like to catch I find it really good and no boat required.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”