Evaporate cooler

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: Evaporate cooler

Post by frozenpod » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:05 am

Evap energy consumption isn't that much cheaper. (Try and find out the power consumption of a evap system ie check manufactures websites ect they wont provide you with a figure).

Our Evap system is connected to the entire house consumes the a little higher than a small split system which is in the bedroom area of the house.

The split system can cool the entire bedroom area easily ie half the house. IE easily reduce the temperature under 23 deg on a 40 deg day.

Where as the evap cooling system the discharge temperature on a 40 deg day is close to 30 deg.

The power consumption of the split system and the evap are roughly the same I cant remember the exact figures but the evap uses more power. (I only found out the electrical power consumption when I had to rebuild the evap system new fan motor ect. To get the firght size motor I had to found out the power consumption of the motor)

Two split systems (a bit less than double the electrical power consumption) could cool our entire house quickly and wouldn't need to run constantly. I would estimate if you set the thermostat to 28 deg the split systems duty cycle would be lower and would probably cost about the same as the evap.

It comes down to what you would rather have, cooler less humid more comfortable house and slightly more energy consumption or warmer humid less comftable house with potentially slightly lower energy bill.

20-30 years ago ducted evap cooling was a truck load cheaper the main incentive of evap cooling. Where as today split systems with inverter technology is much more energy efficient. If I was building a new house I would install 2 split systems as it would be cheaper to purchase and install.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:51 am

frozenpod wrote:Evap energy consumption isn't that much cheaper. (Try and find out the power consumption of a evap system ie check manufactures websites ect they wont provide you with a figure).

Our Evap system is connected to the entire house consumes the a little higher than a small split system which is in the bedroom area of the house.

The split system can cool the entire bedroom area easily ie half the house. IE easily reduce the temperature under 23 deg on a 40 deg day.

Where as the evap cooling system the discharge temperature on a 40 deg day is close to 30 deg.

The power consumption of the split system and the evap are roughly the same I cant remember the exact figures but the evap uses more power. (I only found out the electrical power consumption when I had to rebuild the evap system new fan motor ect. To get the firght size motor I had to found out the power consumption of the motor)

Two split systems (a bit less than double the electrical power consumption) could cool our entire house quickly and wouldn't need to run constantly. I would estimate if you set the thermostat to 28 deg the split systems duty cycle would be lower and would probably cost about the same as the evap.

It comes down to what you would rather have, cooler less humid more comfortable house and slightly more energy consumption or warmer humid less comftable house with potentially slightly lower energy bill.

20-30 years ago ducted evap cooling was a truck load cheaper the main incentive of evap cooling. Where as today split systems with inverter technology is much more energy efficient. If I was building a new house I would install 2 split systems as it would be cheaper to purchase and install.
Interesting

one2three

Post by one2three » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:21 pm

This is why I was saying with your evaporative cooler highly unlikely your able to set a temperature all your doing is getting a themo read
Jack of all trades, Master of none

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Why doea the temp change if i press the arrows

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Two options either marketing bull to think you have a product with more capability/options.

Or has the option for a ducted heating system and the same control panel controls both.

Evap cooling are either on or off. ie fan blowing or not and cooling is when the water is pumping.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Here what you need , hopefully it helps

https://www.coolbreeze.com.au/media/att ... manual.pdf

one2three

Post by one2three » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 pm

frozenpod wrote:Two options either marketing bull to think you have a product with more capability/options.

Or has the option for a ducted heating system and the same control panel controls both.

Evap cooling are either on or off. ie fan blowing or not and cooling is when the water is pumping.
^This

You cannot control the temp.
Jack of all trades, Master of none

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:34 pm

purple5ive wrote:Here what you need , hopefully it helps

https://www.coolbreeze.com.au/media/att ... manual.pdf

I posted a link to the manual 3 pages back. :o_0:

smile0784