Evaporate cooler

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Evaporate cooler

Post by crumpet_avenger » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:20 am

Just get it serviced rather than stuff around with it. Then you know its all running correctly.
My parents got their unit serviced last year and it runs heaps better now
It was under 200 bux, think they got a guy out of the local paper. Maybe Google evap cooler service.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:09 am

crumpet_avenger wrote:Just get it serviced rather than stuff around with it. Then you know its all running correctly.
My parents got their unit serviced last year and it runs heaps better now
It was under 200 bux, think they got a guy out of the local paper. Maybe Google evap cooler service.
Sounds like good option to me.
Thanks i can navigate navigate most things around the house but thats like a alien space ship

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:18 am

As a general rule I have the equivalent to one full door open to outside if running the fan on a high speed. Wherever you spend the most time in your house this is where I would open it (window or door) as all the cool air being blown into your house will be pushed through this room right past you and out the door or window. If too many windows or doors are open to outside the air pressure inside the house is the same as outside so it allows hot air to blow into the house. You want the air pressure higher inside so hot air can’t find it’s way inside. If the evap is blowing air the same temp as outside air, and it is in cool mode with water turned on and the evap is still under warranty I would book in for the installation company to come check it out as others have said. Having the right sized evap for the house size makes a world of difference too, mine is overkill for my house but it does a good job of dropping the inside temp, where as my parents house had one large evap (big house) and it did bugger all. Now has two medium evaps and works really well

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Boonanza wrote:I'm not sure how your control panel is setup but make sure the actual cooling is on. My wife is a bugga she sometimes turns the fan on but not the cooling so it only blows air from the outside which is warm obviously on a hot day.
Yep my misses does that to ! she hits the fan only button instead of the cooling button which activates the water also...
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:36 pm

I only press the cool button

Hydroman

Post by Hydroman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Hydroman wrote:If it was my unit, I would jump up on the roof, take out all the pads and then get someone to turn the water on for you. Have a look at the jets (the holes in the plastic tubing that runs around the top of the cooler) to make sure none of them are blocked. I cannot remember the actual ratio but it was something like if 25% of the jets are blocked you will loose 75% of the cooling because you pull in hot air through the dry pad. The water should flow out of the jets rather quickly, if not, check the jets and the pump inlet.

That sounds all chinese to me. Can make it simple?
The pads on the outside of the cooler need to be soaked in water. There is a sprinkler line that runs around the top of the cooler. If the sprinkler line is blocked, some of the pads wont be getting wet and it will kill the cooling. This is a good one to check if you do not mind getting up on the roof and pulling the pads out. There really is not all that many things that can go wrong with Evap cooling and from what you describe, it sounds like there is a water blockage or maybe the water pump has failed. Can you see any water running down the outside of the pads when you look up at the unit?

snapper hunter

Post by snapper hunter » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Mate, its common for the water pumps to stuff up on these and when the pump goes, all 4 of those big filter panels stay dry and the unit will just blow hot air.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 pm

How much does it normally for a water pump and service

Hydroman

Post by Hydroman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:28 pm

smile0784 wrote:How much does it normally for a water pump and service
i think the service is around $200. The pump, no idea but would suspect its around the $150 mark retail as they are a very small pump. However, I used to get our unit serviced each year by the manufacturer. How silly was I to believe the manufacturer would offer a good level of service. For years we had problems with the pipes blocking up because they never cleaned the unit out properly (we had a lot of trees around which would block up the cooler). I have been doing it myself for the last 8 years and so far I have not had a single issue with anything blocking up. It was very disappointing to see what they did for a service which was really just a con IMO as they never cleaned out the unit properly.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Ok ill give some one a call to make sure its ok then do the rest my self

Return to “Off Topic Forum”