Need a new phone, so many choices. Suggestions?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Need a new phone, so many choices. Suggestions?

Post by purple5ive » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:51 am

Bayrock wrote:Iphone X is fantastic, very powerful, fast, amazing screen amazing camera.
Plus, keep the original box, get a good cover, look after it and you can sell it for a hefty sum after a few years. Just sold my iphone6 plus for $480.
Try that with a 4 year old samsung.
Firstly i buy a phone with the intention of using it, not selling it after a few years..
secondly a few years later almost all phones have useless battery life, and you cant change just the battery on an Iphone like a samsung does.(the new samsungs have now done the same as apple which sucks)
Thirdly when spending a hefty sum upfront its only reasonably fair to get some money back from the not so well earning apple fanboys.

when apple start introducing plug and play features then maybe i will start to look at phones from them. itunes can go stick it where the sun dont shine..

Davidsch1

Post by Davidsch1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:15 am

Well, I'm really going to put the cat among the pigeons!! If you want a REALLY good phone, get a Sony Xperia XZ Premium!! Honestly, they are AMAZING!!

19MB camera, 4k screen and 4k photos/video, amazing photo clarity, and you can record up to 960fps at 720p, which is awesome. Some of the stuff I've recorded on mine is really cool!! :thumbsup: Dual sim, 8 core ram (called octacore - so double that of a quadcore phone), really good audio, and comes with 64GB internal memory with room to expand massively, super fast response, and excellent for having multiple apps open. I think its waterproof to a certain extent, but never tried it lol - supposingly you can rinse it off under the tap.
Attachments
Dovelake - Copy.jpg
An actual photo I took on my Sony Xperia XZ Premium. I had to reduce the size of the photo, since it was too big to upload. sorry

Davidsch1

Post by Davidsch1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:17 am

MarakoopaCave.JPG
Another pic from my Sony Xperia phone...

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 am

Sony xperia for me as well - compact version. Great functionality, interface and features.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 am

frozenpod wrote:Cant go wrong with either S8+ or iphone 8/X. I have both Samsung and Iphone (personal and work phone) and they are both excellent.
Bayrock wrote: Just sold my iphone6 plus for $480.
Try that with a 4 year old samsung.
Exaggerating a bit mate?
He probably meant $4.80. :-)

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 am

I smashed my last Xperia out of frustration. When browsing in the dark the screen shuts down due to the front sensor not sensing someone is looking at it.

Note 8 ticks all the buttons. So easy to use. Unlocks when picked up. The fingerprint sensor is right where my finger lands. Unlocks when i hold it in front of me. Unlocks inside the car. Plays any music i dont have to buy from itunes.

And it can fly my drone!

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 pm

I did just sell my last iphone as I said (see below).
I sold it because it was almost 5 years old and I wanted a more modern one. Those who don't think about selling their very expensive phones (or anything else for that matter) later probably don't need the money, or think they don't.
I think about such things, which probably explains why I have zero debt, no mortgage, no car loans no credit card debt and no personal loans. I was raised to be careful with money and thank the gods I had it beaten into me.
In a few years time believe me it feels nice to be able to sell your old phone for a hefty sum just before you are due for an upgrade. I also sold a 2011 Mac Air for $500 recently. Both those products worked perfectly until I sold them. That's Apple for you. I have owned many laptops/ phones and PC's in my life and NONE have been as reliable as Apple products. Just sharing my product experience here.

I had a Samsung phone once. Once.

Bayrock

Post by Bayrock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:01 pm

PS, I have never bought any music from Itunes, and have about 5000 songs on my phone. You don't have to use Itunes for music or anything else if you don't want to.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Bayrock wrote:I did just sell my last iphone as I said (see below).
I sold it because it was almost 5 years old and I wanted a more modern one.
5 years old? iphone 6 was released in Australia in October 2014, at most it was 3 years old.

Bayrock

Post by Bayrock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Still, not bad for a phone several models old now :-)

Return to “Off Topic Forum”