Kaj Bushy Busch Keeps it real

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Kaj Bushy Busch Keeps it real

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:07 am

In the Early days Wiring articles in the newspaper and magazines, releasing videos On VHS and doing shows etc = modern day internet.
so regardless of what bushy has said, he was digging his own grave to a certain extent by doing the articles and videos later on.
This might have got him some spare time, but not for long.

And the whole photo or it didnt happen bull, i will stand by that anyday These days cause wayy too many dipshits saying they caught this and that these days and in reality they cant even tie a proper braid to leader knot.
you have no idea what lengths people take to get some credit on instagram and similar sites.

and yeah for the credit, finding fish is one thing, catching them is another story...

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:09 am

I see where he is coming from and agree to a certain extent..... but there are also a lot of guys out there who aren't able to fish 24/7 and develop that knowledge. So the internet and reading reports is a way to get the most out of their fishing and could mean the difference between taking the family and kids out for a fun day of fishing compared to one where they catch nothing.

For someone like myself (who hasn't been fishing for long), I love reading the reports online and seeing what is about during certain times of the year. Using that knowledge I can then work out the how and where through my own research and planning.

On the other hand, if all you blokes with your secret spots aren't telling anyone anyway.... then what are you worried about?

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:17 am

purple5ive wrote: And the whole photo or it didnt happen b*******, i will stand by that anyday These days cause wayy too many dipshits saying they caught this and that these days and in reality they cant even tie a proper braid to leader knot.
Personally I don't care what anyone else thinks of the very few reports that I write. I fish for me and I am too busy fishing to bother with photos 99% of the time.

Re Bushy article I agree with some of his comments but disagree with the intent of the article. Just because the fish are biting at spot x right now doesn't mean they will be this afternoon or tomorrow.

The internet has changed things but the methods used by my grandpar 50 years ago still catch plenty of fish today.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 am

purple5ive wrote:
And the whole photo or it didnt happen b*******, i will stand by that anyday These days cause wayy too many dipshits saying they caught this and that these days and in reality they cant even tie a proper braid to leader knot.
you have no idea what lengths people take to get some credit on instagram and similar sites.

and yeah for the credit, finding fish is one thing, catching them is another story...
Some people seek recognition others want to just fish. The people I tell of my fishing trips never give me the photo or it didn't happen bull@@@@. It's more social media banter.

Personally I don't follow reports too closely because if you do your normally too late.

Yepi most are happy to share info on tactics etc but don't like to spoon feed people.

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:15 am

I check online fishing reports out & other peoples posts, it helps me confirm what I already know. I have fished since a boy & now am in my middle age, I used to worry about people finding out my spots, I also have been followed from the boat ramp to my fishing marks or when found anchored others will anchor next to my boat etc.

But at the end, the fish are still there for the taking, every year I catch my share of Snapper, Bream, Whiting, Salmon etc, nothing has changed. Things will only improve with commercial netting banned out of our Bay, I have no problem helping my fellow angler out either, be it online or in person.

"No" need to mislead or lie, as the fish are never in one spot for too long anyway.

Bushy, Starlo etc are great ambassadors of the sport, they earn their living from giving reports & writing fishing articles, plus write for many magazines + online fishing sites, I find it odd Bushy is unhappy with other private online anglers, doing what he has done for decades = try to share our sport 'Fishing' with our fellow angler :water:

In the pic below am anchored fishing with a family member in the Eden Craft Formula 233 & we were on our own for awhile, next thing plenty of boats come to fish next to us, no need to be angry 'Lifes too short to worry about things like this".

yepi'mon

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:42 am

Fish-Hunter wrote:
"No" need to mislead or lie, as the fish are never in one spot for too long anyway.
Doesn't really serve any purpose telling someone a lie like the other side of the bay. Just wrecks their day and leads them to ask more questions rather than think for themselves.

If you don't wan't to share no one is going to get upset if you say so. Or alternatively throw the dog a bone and give them something that might get their mind working like "work along the banks".

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:43 am

yepi'mon wrote:
On the other hand, if all you blokes with your secret spots aren't telling anyone anyway.... then what are you worried about?
:victory:

frozenpod wrote:
purple5ive wrote: And the whole photo or it didnt happen b*******, i will stand by that anyday These days cause wayy too many dipshits saying they caught this and that these days and in reality they cant even tie a proper braid to leader knot.
Personally I don't care what anyone else thinks of the very few reports that I write. I fish for me and I am too busy fishing to bother with photos 99% of the time.
was mostly aimed at social media, not here.
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
And the whole photo or it didnt happen b*******, i will stand by that anyday These days cause wayy too many dipshits saying they caught this and that these days and in reality they cant even tie a proper braid to leader knot.

Some people seek recognition others want to just fish. The people I tell of my fishing trips never give me the photo or it didn't happen bull@@@@. It's more social media banter.
yeah i get the recognition thing, ive taken countless photos for my page, but for me its for a different reason.

i thought you never told anyone of your secret fishing spots and catches, hell i never even seen a report from you bar the barra in the Ponds. so whats the big deal, its not affecting you in any way..

yepi'mon

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:44 am

Fish-Hunter wrote: In the pic below am anchored fishing with a family member in the Eden Craft Formula 233 & we were on our own for awhile, next thing plenty of boats come to fish next to us, no need to be angry 'Lifes too short to worry about things like this".
When I first started fishing we would just pull up in random spots and have a crack. It always amused me that other boats thought we knew what we were doing.. enough so that they would anchor up with us. This is why I no longer fish where the pack is....

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:16 am

yepi'mon wrote:
Fish-Hunter wrote: In the pic below am anchored fishing with a family member in the Eden Craft Formula 233 & we were on our own for awhile, next thing plenty of boats come to fish next to us, no need to be angry 'Lifes too short to worry about things like this".
When I first started fishing we would just pull up in random spots and have a crack. It always amused me that other boats thought we knew what we were doing.. enough so that they would anchor up with us. This is why I no longer fish where the pack is....

Seen it many many times myself. But I wouldn't complain about that you have miles of space.

PPB Snapper ow WPB KGW you would have 3 boats within 20m if you are catching fish.

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:17 am

purple5ive wrote:
frozenpod wrote:
was mostly aimed at social media, not here.
Fair enough mate.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”