Kaj Bushy Busch Keeps it real

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Kaj Bushy Busch Keeps it real

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Have listened to a few reel adventures podcasts on Saturday the 23rd's episode Mr Kaj Bushy Busch says it how it is.
At 21.30 Bushy talks about how the internet has changed things " I think the internet is the biggest change probably as I rate it as a negative. Anyway in the old days you had to sort of go out and work hard find where some fishing was going on you might tell 2 or 3 mates. So you would have it for a while and if you wanted to be a bit of a show pony like I was and try and write some fishing articles you would always make sure you write it then it would come out in about 6 months at the wrong time of year. Whoever would read it couldn't come and shag up your fishing. That was always part of it you could get a bit of glory. But now Joe Blogs its a shotgun approach someone is gonna find the good fishing just because they happen to turn up and they are gonna put it on the internet that night as to what bend of the river its in and what snag the fish are on so 9654 people are going to turn up the next day at that spot".

Bushy continues on blue fin tuna "the barrels would have been there earlier than people found them no doubt about that" he continues "its pretty bad for the fish this internet thing. I spent the first part of my career trying to stick my head up and get noticed so I could make a dollar and still have a fishing addiction and the last 10 years I wouldn't tell my mother I wouldn't tell anyone if Ive gone fishing let alone where because you cant if you want to go back and catch a fish you better tell no one and I mean no one"

Finally someone tells it how it is so many photograph fisherfolk around someone finds them the fish they plaster the image all over the internet for what?

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Kaj Bushy Busch Keeps it real

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:26 pm

rb85 wrote:Have listened to a few reel adventures podcasts on Saturday the 23rd's episode Mr Kaj Bushy Busch says it how it is.
At 21.30 Bushy talks about how the internet has changed things " I think the internet is the biggest change probably as I rate it as a negative. Anyway in the old days you had to sort of go out and work hard find where some fishing was going on you might tell 2 or 3 mates. So you would have it for a while and if you wanted to be a bit of a show pony like I was and try and write some fishing articles you would always make sure you write it then it would come out in about 6 months at the wrong time of year. Whoever would read it couldn't come and shag up your fishing. That was always part of it you could get a bit of glory. But now Joe Blogs its a shotgun approach someone is gonna find the good fishing just because they happen to turn up and they are gonna put it on the internet that night as to what bend of the river its in and what snag the fish are on so 9654 people are going to turn up the next day at that spot".

Bushy continues on blue fin tuna "the barrels would have been there earlier than people found them no doubt about that" he continues "its pretty bad for the fish this internet thing. I spent the first part of my career trying to stick my head up and get noticed so I could make a dollar and still have a fishing addiction and the last 10 years I wouldn't tell my mother I wouldn't tell anyone if Ive gone fishing let alone where because you cant if you want to go back and catch a fish you better tell no one and I mean no one"

Finally someone tells it how it is so many photograph fisherfolk around someone finds them the fish they plaster the image all over the internet for what?
It is true that the internet has changed the fishing scene, big time. Fishing reports that use to available on Friday or Sat, now can be available within hours of the capture. Just look at how the charter operators use face book to promote their business.

However there have always been and always will be people who do not tell anyone how their fishing is going.

I remember at Anglers Reach on Lake Ecumbene, there is a log for people to enter their captures, there was no lie detector to say that they honestly wrote in the correct locations.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Speaking of log books my favourite comment from deadbeats is "photos or it didn't happen". Im with bushy do the hard yards and if someone helps catch you a fish give credit to the skipper don't go hunting for false recognition.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Reel Adventures has improved every episode one of the segments is Dangers flying Gaff where Paddy Dangerfield took aim at importing U.S. boats at the expense of some great Aussie Boat Manufacturers such as EdenCraft, Haines Hunter, BarCrusher, Quintrex and Northbank who he happens to be an ambassador for. Hopefully Danger is going to keep it real and continue his good sentiment towards Australian Manufacturing by taking aim at brands like Nike encouraging them to manufacture football boots in Aus.

Be like Bushy keep it real.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:02 pm

:o_0: deadbeats ,fisherfolk photographs , keep it real :rofl:
IMG_8640.JPG
IMG_8640.JPG (109.43 KiB) Viewed 815 times
You sound pumped up ...

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:08 pm

bowl wrote::o_0: deadbeats ,fisherfolk photographs , keep it real :rofl:
IMG_8640.JPG
You sound pumped up ...
Nice graphics. Bushy's honesty was refreshing in a sport where it's become the norm to seek validation on social media hash tagging companies and giving away locations.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:00 pm

I've always lied about locations of my captures and asked for locations by random people has always been a pet peeve of mine. I always pick a well known location at the opposite end of Westernport, or wrong location and depth in ppb when asked, even told a bloke at the ramp one arvo some Kingfish came from Joe's Island. But one that really pisses me off is being followed out from the ramp. Why would I hand information out to some random at a boat ramp or on the netafter I spent in excess of $500 on fuel alone to catch my first few Kingfish, or spent over 10 hours going through research papers and google maps for my first Victorian Bass? You tell certain people, not everyone

Fishing isn't a hard sport. Fish have patterns of behaviour and areas they frequent often, half of the fun and reward is working that out to get regular captures

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:23 am

cobby wrote:I've always lied about locations of my captures and asked for locations by random people has always been a pet peeve of mine. I always pick a well known location at the opposite end of Westernport, or wrong location and depth in ppb when asked, even told a bloke at the ramp one arvo some Kingfish came from Joe's Island. But one that really pisses me off is being followed out from the ramp. Why would I hand information out to some random at a boat ramp or on the netafter I spent in excess of $500 on fuel alone to catch my first few Kingfish, or spent over 10 hours going through research papers and google maps for my first Victorian Bass? You tell certain people, not everyone

Fishing isn't a hard sport. Fish have patterns of behaviour and areas they frequent often, half of the fun and reward is working that out to get regular captures
Why do they try and follow you in the 1st place? The cure to that sort of problem is a quick "f... off you c...".

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:27 am

Sorry cob. Won't follow you out again. Hahaha.

Yeah I'm the same these days. Have a small list of people I'll speak openly to. But not really interested in advertising it via reports and all that ****.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:46 am

ducky wrote:Sorry cob. Won't follow you out again. Hahaha.

Yeah I'm the same these days. Have a small list of people I'll speak openly to. But not really interested in advertising it via reports and all that sh*t.
And I have a few more that I tell when the fishing isn't that great.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=18470

Return to “Off Topic Forum”