Kaj Bushy Busch Keeps it real

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Kaj Bushy Busch Keeps it real

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:25 am

frozenpod wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
frozenpod wrote:
purple5ive wrote: And the whole photo or it didnt happen b*******, i will stand by that anyday These days cause wayy too many dipshits saying they caught this and that these days and in reality they cant even tie a proper braid to leader knot.
Personally I don't care what anyone else thinks of the very few reports that I write. I fish for me and I am too busy fishing to bother with photos 99% of the time.
was mostly aimed at social media, not here.
Fair enough mate.
The sad fact is the fish isnt even theirs most of the time, and just borrowed from a mate or recycled from some previous captures at a different angle and edited with some filters lol.

and then theres the others who use bait, catch the fish and then hook a lure in its mouth and take the pic, or the sponsored angler who uses a non sponsored lure to catch the fish, then change lure for the pic..
These days nothing can be trusted on the internet. There will come a day when the internet will be full of lies and word of mouth will be the accepted Norm. :o_0:
at least bushy will be happy then..

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:36 am

rb85 wrote:
cobby wrote:I've always lied about locations of my captures and asked for locations by random people has always been a pet peeve of mine. I always pick a well known location at the opposite end of Westernport, or wrong location and depth in ppb when asked, even told a bloke at the ramp one arvo some Kingfish came from Joe's Island. But one that really pisses me off is being followed out from the ramp. Why would I hand information out to some random at a boat ramp or on the netafter I spent in excess of $500 on fuel alone to catch my first few Kingfish, or spent over 10 hours going through research papers and google maps for my first Victorian Bass? You tell certain people, not everyone

Fishing isn't a hard sport. Fish have patterns of behaviour and areas they frequent often, half of the fun and reward is working that out to get regular captures
Why do they try and follow you in the 1st place? The cure to that sort of problem is a quick "f... off you c...".
Recognise the boat from previous weeks. Nothing a bit of WOT over a bank in .5m, Mchaffies slop or continuing on well beyond the corals at near WOT doesn't fix when they're in smaller boats.

As for telling people the opposite end of the bay... They're well known often productive spots that I tend to avoid, and helps prevent the aforementioned following or having an anchor dropped literally on your baits. Most of my marks (talking snapper/gummy now) have come from people no longer alive, or those passed over by others but found by me using the sounder and a suck it and see approach. If I bag again and they get nothing it's far from my issue. I do give out the exact baits, rigs etc that produced, just refuse to offer the spot. There's ample information right there for anyone to get a head start.
Yepi, that Kingfish example was the extreme, the bloke wouldn't shut up and it was more polite than f'@$ off c@#!. My normal answer in that instance is a simple yet true offshore. Rest is up to the individual how they use that info

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:52 am

I've fished from a boat for many years and have had countless sessions when someone comes up and anchors close or trolls around us or drifts with us to get bait... this doesn't really bother me at all. I actually welcome it. Obviously within reason. Everyone needs a bit of personal space.

For example, Fishing out of Portland or Eden I've had people ask me what its like out there, how to go getting out, where to head.. Countless times I've let guys follow me out and even told them which lures to use and how to have their spread. They got onto some fish and were very grateful.
Never ruined my dad of fishing.. If anything i get great satisfaction when i see someone get onto fish because of my help.

My question is, when has someone actually ruined your day of fishing by fishing near you or following you out?

Anth

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm

purple5ive wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
On the other hand, if all you blokes with your secret spots aren't telling anyone anyway.... then what are you worried about?
:victory:

frozenpod wrote:
purple5ive wrote: And the whole photo or it didnt happen b*******, i will stand by that anyday These days cause wayy too many dipshits saying they caught this and that these days and in reality they cant even tie a proper braid to leader knot.
Personally I don't care what anyone else thinks of the very few reports that I write. I fish for me and I am too busy fishing to bother with photos 99% of the time.
was mostly aimed at social media, not here.
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
And the whole photo or it didnt happen b*******, i will stand by that anyday These days cause wayy too many dipshits saying they caught this and that these days and in reality they cant even tie a proper braid to leader knot.
you have no idea what lengths people take to get some credit on instagram and similar sites.

and yeah for the credit, finding fish is one thing, catching them is another story...
Some people seek recognition others want to just fish. The people I tell of my fishing trips never give me the photo or it didn't happen bull@@@@. It's more social media banter.
yeah i get the recognition thing, ive taken countless photos for my page, but for me its for a different reason.

i thought you never told anyone of your secret fishing spots and catches, hell i never even seen a report from you bar the barra in the Ponds. so whats the big deal, its not affecting you in any way..
It was more a great topic of conversation it doesn't effect me until an area I have fished myself gets talked about by others. For those who are wondering I wasn't just talking about this site.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:40 pm

cobby wrote:
rb85 wrote:
cobby wrote:I've always lied about locations of my captures and asked for locations by random people has always been a pet peeve of mine. I always pick a well known location at the opposite end of Westernport, or wrong location and depth in ppb when asked, even told a bloke at the ramp one arvo some Kingfish came from Joe's Island. But one that really pisses me off is being followed out from the ramp. Why would I hand information out to some random at a boat ramp or on the netafter I spent in excess of $500 on fuel alone to catch my first few Kingfish, or spent over 10 hours going through research papers and google maps for my first Victorian Bass? You tell certain people, not everyone

Fishing isn't a hard sport. Fish have patterns of behaviour and areas they frequent often, half of the fun and reward is working that out to get regular captures
Why do they try and follow you in the 1st place? The cure to that sort of problem is a quick "f... off you c...".
Recognise the boat from previous weeks. Nothing a bit of WOT over a bank in .5m, Mchaffies slop or continuing on well beyond the corals at near WOT doesn't fix when they're in smaller boats.

As for telling people the opposite end of the bay... They're well known often productive spots that I tend to avoid, and helps prevent the aforementioned following or having an anchor dropped literally on your baits. Most of my marks (talking snapper/gummy now) have come from people no longer alive, or those passed over by others but found by me using the sounder and a suck it and see approach. If I bag again and they get nothing it's far from my issue. I do give out the exact baits, rigs etc that produced, just refuse to offer the spot. There's ample information right there for anyone to get a head start.
Yepi, that Kingfish example was the extreme, the bloke wouldn't shut up and it was more polite than f'@$ off c@#!. My normal answer in that instance is a simple yet true offshore. Rest is up to the individual how they use that info
Love your work I clean my fish away from the ramp tables at my local.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
My question is, when has someone actually ruined your day of fishing by fishing near you or following you out?

Anth
Shallow water whiting fishing on a hot bite a few times, had charter boats run over lines and bream or Ep spots getting hammered after someone decides to put a report on FB.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:00 pm

Fishing is just a hobby for me .
One I don't take to seriously.

Always happy to share info n put up reports....

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:18 pm

kaj (bushy) is a gun angler i bought a g loomis fly rod from him when he had something to do with alpine angler in 1993 man could he cast a fly rod easy fishings fun for me not a comp sometimes you catch them other times zip none but its good to be out having a go i only fish landbased i dont mind given spots up theres a lot of fish in the sea last year i was fishing brighton pier and there was heaps of salmon on the right side a guy was fishing the left side so let him know change sides 2 months later ran into him at the same pier had a chat continued fishing up the pier 30mins later was heading back down the pier he goes here bought you a coffee easy got a new friend

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:28 pm

I think a few of you guys here are paranoid. There are lots of boats on the water these days.
Followed out from the ramp... most times in snapper season people go to the same areas. I went from hastings last year and a guy followed me out the channel as he had never been there before.
He anchored within 150mt of me and didnt catch a fish. I got my 3 snapper in an hour and went down to mchaffies for some whiting. Still dont know how he went.

Spots are just part of it. Technique is different.

I went on a charter to learn some spots as I was sick of catching bugger all and told the operatir at the start of the trip. The charter operator said its part of fishing these days as everyone has a gps. Boats come next to him, mark the spot and he sees them there the next day. He said he spent decades learning spots and guys just hit a button. But its knowing when to be there... tides, water temp, even wind.
Its a fact of life. ...

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Well said crumpet avenger

Bm

Return to “Off Topic Forum”