Is it possible to repair a car tyre

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Sinsemilla

Re: Is it possible to repair a car tyre

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:24 pm

I reckon this thread is going to confuse him more than anything!

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:32 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:I reckon this thread is going to confuse him more than anything!
nope easy if you get a puncture out in the bush use a rope plug to get you back home if you get a puncture in the sidewall throw the tyre away if the holes too big to repair with a standard stem patch throw it away buying tyres cheap tyres will do the job but will wear out quicker and wont have the grip of better brands

Stewy

Post by Stewy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Best to take it in and let the professionals make the decision on suitability.
Had mine done last week for 50 quid as I have sensors and would have to remove them for tubes.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:I reckon this thread is going to confuse him more than anything!
Not confusing. Interesting here how people manage and how different things work for people.

Moral of the story is to ask the professionals lol

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Blueyed1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:54 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Not confusing. Interesting here how people manage and how different things work for people.

Moral of the story is to ask the professionals lol
Too right. I had a puncture on the tread of a tyre that only had done 10,000km. Not a big hole either - just a nail. I noticed the puncture when I had come back to my parking spot and had probably driven with it partially flat.....When the tyre pros had a look at the tyre once removed they said it was not repairable. The inside of the tyre had some delamination with the steel belt visible on the inside with black rubber dust sitting in the tyre. Plugs are good for a temporary fix but the tyre really does need a good medical/ look inside or a "post mortem" to be completely safe. I've used plugs before and they work - but my experience with that last flat has made me think - get the pros to do a proper inspection and repair.

Joe

Return to “Off Topic Forum”