Best fishing trip in the last 12 months

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Rum Bear 86

Best fishing trip in the last 12 months

Post by Rum Bear 86 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:26 am

What has been your best fishing trip in the last 12 months? Where were you? What did you catch? Who did you go with? etc.
The best trip for myself was May this year went up to Darwin and stayed with some cousins out at a place called channel point near the peron islands. BEST TRIP of my life.... so far.

Spent 10 days fishing the seas and rivers with my dad, brother and grand pa. Fidhing up north is so different to Vic everything is bigger and meaner up north also there is the added bonus of keeping an eye out for salties which adds a real scene of adventure. I caught myself two huge black jew fish on hand lines, landed a great golden trevely and bagged the mighty barra.

Was the best time up there nothing to do but fish and relax.
Attachments
Copy of DSCF3101.JPG
Copy of DSCF3101.JPG (42.81 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Copy of P5060141.JPG
Copy of P5060141.JPG (34.18 KiB) Viewed 341 times

2smokinbarrels

Re: Best fishing trip in the last 12 months

Post by 2smokinbarrels » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:52 am

Sounds like you had a ball. Every time I head out to wet a line is a great time for me.....one of the more memorable experience was in the waters of Geelong. We were Chasing some KGW but had a big bait out just incase. After about an hour my mate went to bring in the big bait to check on it but before he got to it the reel started screaming. After a short fight, in came a Elephant, could not believe my eyes.

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:33 pm

This is great catch of North mate … well done
I always wanted to go up north to target Barramundi … hopefully soon when I retire will have a big trip around Australia and full fill my dream

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:05 pm

bloody awesome mate!! love it!! how did they all fight? one of my next locations i want to go and fish is up north! any tips would be much appreciated! :)

My memorable fishing adventure would be when i fished all along W.A coasts up to Exmouth :) best fishing ive done ever!! for now hehehe :thumbsup:
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Rum Bear 86

Post by Rum Bear 86 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:32 pm

I caught the two jews on a hand line, thats what alot of fishing is done with up there out of the boat. Picture just relaxing there in the boat hanging a hand over the side and your off in your own little world... then BANG you also get pulled in from the force of this fish hitting your bait, and the next 15 mins of man handling this fish up to the surface and getting him in the boat. I must say it was really an awesome feeling pulling these guys up bare handed. Best time to get the Jews up there i found was just after a turning tide in the afternoon in about 13-15 metres of water. That the magic number... and squid they go crazy for it.
The Golden was just prue luck we were trolling for queenies off a reef and he was the un lucky one to grab my lure. Frought like a champ too... Best fish caught on a rod so far.

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 am

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=889&start=0

Here my report on my best fishing trip so far ;) bit of a long read , but pictures are def worth looking at :D :tongue: :thumbsup: :lolf:
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 am

Bravo Vinhii … I call this great fishing

Return to “Off Topic Forum”