Mobility Issues

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Mobility Issues

Post by Whiskers » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:10 pm

I've struggled these last six months or so to be physically mobile, mainly due to my knees being affected by osteoarthritis.

It's been a struggle to walk any distance so most of my fishing has been in places which are only a very short walk from my car.

Over the last month or so the osteoarthritis has now flared up in my foot, making walking even more painful.

It looks like my bush walking days are now behind me. No more long hikes into back country streams. Similarly, there's no chance of any more rock fishing. I don't have the agility any more or the speed to get out of the way of those bigger waves.

I'm not whinging, just a touch sad, but having fished for more than sixty years I have a ton of good memories to reminisce about.

Next time you see an old bloke sitting in his chair catching carp from a suburban lake don't take the **** out of him. He's probably done more and forgotten more than you've ever learnt.

:water:

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Mobility Issues

Post by Boonanza » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Sorry to hear that Whiskers but it's good to hear at least you can still wet a line mate :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:46 pm

At least your still having a go only an a******* would write off other fishos for whatever they target and how.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:41 pm

I had spent my last 35 years on my hands and knees as a Tiler and it it finally caught up to me also.I can suggest some medications to help fulfill a few more years of fishing as i do. PM if you want a more private response.

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Sorry to hear Whiskers - thanks for the post, it's a good moment to reflect and be grateful - don't know what you have got until it's gone can be too true sometimes. Your experience and passion has certainly shone through in your postings - to me, anyone that would knock a bloke having a shot at a suburban lake is an act of ego overcompensating for other insecurities or shallowness.

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:04 pm

Thanks guys.

I just re-read my original post. It looks like i came across as being a grumpy ol' bast****d. That wasn't my intention.

I just love my fishing!

Hopefully I'll be giving it another crack tomorrow

Tight lines everyone.
:-D

adamk

Post by adamk » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:18 am

get some of that stuff may ease it a bit, i got alot of the guys onto it when i use to do containers.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”