Duck season opening on Nillhacootie.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Master Baiter
Has liked: 8 times

Duck season opening on Nillhacootie.

Post by Master Baiter » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Sitting down having breakfast when I heard a 12 bore gun shot next minute it was on for young and old and I realised it was Duck season. This carried on and off until about quarter to nine then silence. A few shots later in the morning then silence must be lunch time. About three thirty a lot of shooting in one spot so being inquisitive I went and had a sticky beak. I must add I don't think I have seen any more than two or three ducks a year on Nillhacootie in the last 20 years or more, anyway the shooting had stopped when I got there and four young fellas were sitting with their partners as I pulled up, I was about to ask them how they went when with out a word I cracked up. There before me was at least 10 decoy ducks shot to ribbons my laughing made them laugh and we all then got talking. No ducks, and most of the guns had left earlier in the morning these people from Melbourne were making the most of the day before heading back to Mansfield for the night and back to Town tomorrow.
Now you lure fisherman may loose a lot of lures but beat this for a day out, one of the party had 200 cartridges at over a $1.00 each shot 123 for no ducks demolished 4 decoys and accommodation for two nights. But they were all happy and fun to be with. It was there first time at the Lake but they will be back because they felt it is safe for shooting as there is hardly anyone here.
Wally
Always take a good look at what you are about to eat. It’s not so important to know what it is .but it’s critical to know what it was.
Wally 20/6/20

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Duck season opening on Nillhacootie.

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Master Baiter wrote: with out a word I cracked up. There before me was at least 10 decoy ducks shot to ribbons my laughing made them laugh and we all then got talking. No ducks, and most of the guns had left earlier in the morning these people from Melbourne were making the most of the day before heading back to Mansfield for the night and back to Town tomorrow.
Now you lure fisherman may loose a lot of lures but beat this for a day out, one of the party had 200 cartridges at over a $1.00 each shot 123 for no ducks demolished 4 decoys and accommodation for two nights. But they were all happy and fun to be with. It was there first time at the Lake but they will be back because they felt it is safe for shooting as there is hardly anyone here.
Wally
That is absolutely priceless :icon_lolz: :fish11: :tease:

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Duck season opening on Nillhacootie.

Post by Truedogz » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:57 pm

duck-season-fire.jpg
duck-season-fire.jpg (76.67 KiB) Viewed 345 times

Return to “Off Topic Forum”