Wyndham rant

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Wyndham rant

Post by Texas » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:07 am

I moved into Hoppers Crossing in 1986.
The population was around 50,000 & we had 2 crossings of the Werribee River.
One of those crossings was a ford & flooded with heavy rain.
Now 2016 we have a population of over 210,000 (not a typo & growing).
We now have 3 crossings of the Werribee River & one is a ford that floods with heavy rain.
There is only one parcel of land not sold, for development, north of Hoppers.
That's where the feed & grain store is located, they were offered $44.5 million & knocked it back (it is large acreage)
Within 5 years there will be not vacant land between Boundary rd & Hoppers Crossing.
Because the whole infrastructure around the area has been neglected for so long, it will take billions to fix. :down:
We need somebody with balls & money, to take a stand.

That's my rant
Gra

chris srsc

Re: Wyndham rant

Post by chris srsc » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:20 pm

Sorry to hear it sucks out there...but..sth east is no better...come for a drive to pakenham on a friday afternoon...2 roads in.. freeway (carpark ) princes hwy just as bad
FISH1617 : 183CM

Salt (38cm) Trevely 38cm snapper 65cm gummy 80cm
Fresh (0cm) 

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:19 pm

chris seafarer wrote:Sorry to hear it sucks out there...but..sth east is no better...come for a drive to pakenham on a friday afternoon...2 roads in.. freeway (carpark ) princes hwy just as bad

I was covering a mates classes in pako starting 445pm for the last month. It literally doens't matter what time you try to drive there between 2 and 7pm. There is never a time when it's not completeley f...ed. I love the people there but god damn is that place a pain in the ass to get too, and i'm only coming from Wheelers Hill.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

rodderslw

Post by rodderslw » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:40 pm

This is the price we pay for suburban development. The further out it goes the harder it is to service and provide infrastructure. And people expect community facilities, PT and roads that will take them to a job in the city in 20min during peak hour. The west of Melbourne was always going to go bonkers after the east side gets developed. Relatively cheap flat land relatively close to Melbourne. Melbournes urban area is larger than Londons with a fraction of the population.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:11 pm

I live in Wyndham Vale ..near regional rail link ..station about 2 mins ....I have 4 different options to get in or out . ..we bought new land house 6 years ago...n the block alonge has gone up 80$ plus ....when it gets to busy our plans r to move to Geelong or st leonards where its less hectic...

.if I had the coin I would invest in 3 rd house in the area....
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

bowl

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Takes me about a hour to get to Brighton leaving at 5.50 am....

fishpod

Post by fishpod » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:13 pm

bowl wrote:I live in Wyndham Vale ..near regional rail link ..station about 2 mins ....I have 4 different options to get in or out . ..we bought new land house 6 years ago...n the block alonge has gone up 80$ plus ....when it gets to busy our plans r to move to Geelong or st leonards where its less hectic...

You must live in an imaginary Wyndhamvale, there is not 4 different options to get in or out and you have to go through Werribee to get to the highway, and it would be physically impossible to get to Brighton under an hour unless you have a Helicopter by the time you get through Werribee then onto the freeway then all the wa to the Westgate Bridge then all the way to Brighton, I don't think so

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:28 pm

fishpod wrote:
bowl wrote:I live in Wyndham Vale ..near regional rail link ..station about 2 mins ....I have 4 different options to get in or out . ..we bought new land house 6 years ago...n the block alonge has gone up 80$ plus ....when it gets to busy our plans r to move to Geelong or st leonards where its less hectic...

You must live in an imaginary Wyndhamvale, there is not 4 different options to get in or out and you have to go through Werribee to get to the highway, and it would be physically impossible to get to Brighton under an hour unless you have a Helicopter by the time you get through Werribee then onto the freeway then all the wa to the Westgate Bridge then all the way to Brighton, I don't think so
I was tryin to figure out the 4 ways also.

I dont mind hoppers, it has alot of shops and it does have two choices of rail with a good bus service between them

And best still its close to werrible south for tbe snapper
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

bowl

Post by bowl » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:09 am

fishpod wrote:

Screenshot_2016-09-16-22-19-16.png
I think so....

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:44 am

fishpod wrote:

You must live in an imaginary Wyndhamvale, there is not 4 different options to get in or out and you have to go through Werribee to get to the highway, and it would be physically impossible to get to Brighton under an hour unless you have a Helicopter by the time you get through Werribee then onto the freeway then all the way to the Westgate Bridge then all the way to Brighton, I don't think so
You don't need to go through Werribee.. There's a rail crossing off Bulban Rd (passed the racecourse).
Takes you to the Maltby Bypass.
Don't know what it's like in peak hour, I only use it to get to the tip.

Cheers
Gra

Return to “Off Topic Forum”