OH Were from Tigerland

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: OH Were from Tigerland

Post by barra mick » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Yep another solid display from the tigers.

Well coached again.

Like the bloke said on the radio today "they have been dishing this **** up since 1984 and im sick off it.

Imy sympathies boony
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:29 pm

I emotionally checked out at around the 21 minute mark of the last quarter against geelong when I made my way out of the seat and down to the fence waiting for the siren for a kick on the ground. Season was an unmitigated disaster that showed just how little adequate depth we have to cover injuries or players horrendously out of form.

Positives: improvement in Hampson, Lloyd and Dusty. Signs of continuity from Astbury, if he doesn't have to make goal defining decisions with the ball. Most of the kids (Rioli, Menadue in patches, Markov, Short, Castagna)

Negatives: Vickery, B.Ellis, Conca, Edwards all hopelessly out of touch. I expect atleast 2 will change colours next year. C.Ellis injuries, can't get a good run, and when he plays he questions himself and his body to much. The kids a seriously good player who is a good a kick as anyone in the game right now. Injuries in general, highlighted how much we need to be kissed on the **** with injuries for a good season. Yarran. Family ****, out of shape, you name it and he had it. Jury must remain held out until he either quits or plays 20 games before a tick or cross gets put on his trade. Goal kicking, JR, Cotchin, Griffiths pretty much everyone excluding Lloyd and Rioli have been shithouse all year infront of goals.
All that said, I don't believe it's all as bad as is made bout in media land, ita been ****, but nowhere near fremantle/Brisbane ****

Delist: knowing how most of it works, the assistant coaching panel except Rutten, Chocco, McCrae (vfl coach) and maybe Lade. New ideas and structure needed without paying out hardwick (yet). McBean, A.Moore, Hunt.
Trade/fa: Vickery, Conca (I'd add B.Ellis, however he's durable, a very good mark, decent tackle and quick, I'd back him in for 1 more year to see how he responds) and I wouldn't be adverse to trading Edwards either. Retired Chaplin. Rookie Maric as a player/coach
In: Prestia, make a play for Billy Longer off the saints as there's no other decent young ruckman available and whatever we get with draft picks.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:42 pm

2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:20 pm

A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:35 pm

I want to think he's joking....
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:06 pm

Just sacked the 5 assistant coaches but hardwick still there...amazing

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:07 pm

cobby wrote:I emotionally checked out at around the 21 minute mark of the last quarter against geelong when I made my way out of the seat and down to the fence waiting for the siren for a kick on the ground. Season was an unmitigated disaster that showed just how little adequate depth we have to cover injuries or players horrendously out of form.

Positives: improvement in Hampson, Lloyd and Dusty. Signs of continuity from Astbury, if he doesn't have to make goal defining decisions with the ball. Most of the kids (Rioli, Menadue in patches, Markov, Short, Castagna)

Negatives: Vickery, B.Ellis, Conca, Edwards all hopelessly out of touch. I expect atleast 2 will change colours next year. C.Ellis injuries, can't get a good run, and when he plays he questions himself and his body to much. The kids a seriously good player who is a good a kick as anyone in the game right now. Injuries in general, highlighted how much we need to be kissed on the d*** with injuries for a good season. Yarran. Family sh*t, out of shape, you name it and he had it. Jury must remain held out until he either quits or plays 20 games before a tick or cross gets put on his trade. Goal kicking, JR, Cotchin, Griffiths pretty much everyone excluding Lloyd and Rioli have been shithouse all year infront of goals.
All that said, I don't believe it's all as bad as is made bout in media land, ita been sh*t, but nowhere near fremantle/Brisbane sh*t

Delist: knowing how most of it works, the assistant coaching panel except Rutten, Chocco, McCrae (vfl coach) and maybe Lade. New ideas and structure needed without paying out hardwick (yet). McBean, A.Moore, Hunt.
Trade/fa: Vickery, Conca (I'd add B.Ellis, however he's durable, a very good mark, decent tackle and quick, I'd back him in for 1 more year to see how he responds) and I wouldn't be adverse to trading Edwards either. Retired Chaplin. Rookie Maric as a player/coach
In: Prestia, make a play for Billy Longer off the saints as there's no other decent young ruckman available and whatever we get with draft picks.
hampson is a dud imo

Amazing hes still there....most probably cause the tigers have so many bad players

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:33 am

:rofl: Mario, :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:35 pm

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad