Electric 4WD?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: Electric 4WD?

Post by frozenpod » Sat May 11, 2019 2:03 pm

The batteries can be recycled.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat May 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Texas wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:42 am
We had some Nissan leafs at work - although we didn't tow anything, they had plenty of "get up and go".
A taxi driver in Townsville, with a Toyota prius, said the batteries last about 300,000 km and are then changed.
Question- Is there a safe way to dispose of all these batteries???
Cheers Gra
They’re lithium batteries so they can be broken down and reused. There’s a company that aims to turn them into home batteries because the energy density of batteries isn’t as critical for that application so they can get away with using slightly worn out EV batteries.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

ango

Post by ango » Mon May 20, 2019 9:29 pm

I woke up this morning with a head so sore that I wondered, “have the global warming alarmist’s apocalyptic visions come true and the word has ended”? Then I recalled the phone call last night from a good mate, “looks like ScoMo has won it, come over, big party going on”. I turned on the TV & sure enough it was true, the Libs looked like they were hot to trot. Anyway I went over and the party was in full swing, I got pretty drunk like everyone else, I remember us toasting ScoMo’s victory by sculling shots of straight bourbon but I can’t remember too much after that, I think the police came round about 4.00am and shut the party down. Anyway, excess franking credits will continue to be refunded, electric vehicles will not be foisted on us, Shorten has resigned, and life in general continues to be good at "the top end of town” (after I get over this hangover that is, boy I feel crook). BTW I have yet to see an electric Kona on the road.
Cheers
Ango

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon May 20, 2019 11:01 pm

Electric cars will cost the tax payer heaps, already they want the government to pay for the charging stations. Then they will have to change how we pay for the roads the government will not be getting any revenue from the fuel excise so somebody will have to make up the shortfall. We will be charged registration by kilometers.
No travelling around Australia electric cars are for mung bean eating latte sipping inner suburban top knot yuppies who only do 1000 Kim a year.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:28 am

ango wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:29 pm
I woke up this morning with a head so sore that I wondered, “have the global warming alarmist’s apocalyptic visions come true and the word has ended”? Then I recalled the phone call last night from a good mate, “looks like ScoMo has won it, come over, big party going on”. I turned on the TV & sure enough it was true, the Libs looked like they were hot to trot. Anyway I went over and the party was in full swing, I got pretty drunk like everyone else, I remember us toasting ScoMo’s victory by sculling shots of straight bourbon but I can’t remember too much after that, I think the police came round about 4.00am and shut the party down. Anyway, excess franking credits will continue to be refunded, electric vehicles will not be foisted on us, Shorten has resigned, and life in general continues to be good at "the top end of town” (after I get over this hangover that is, boy I feel crook). BTW I have yet to see an electric Kona on the road.
Cheers
Ango
Is this what the weirdos handing out the how to vote cards do once the election campaign is over.

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 am

Nude up wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:01 pm
Electric cars will cost the tax payer heaps, already they want the government to pay for the charging stations. Then they will have to change how we pay for the roads the government will not be getting any revenue from the fuel excise so somebody will have to make up the shortfall. We will be charged registration by kilometers.
No travelling around Australia electric cars are for mung bean eating latte sipping inner suburban top knot yuppies who only do 1000 Kim a year.
Most likely charging stations will be privately owned you can charge slowly cheap, pay more for fast charging or pay more again for swap and go batteries.

This already exists overseas, no voodoo or magic.

You are correct that we pay addition fuel taxes to pay for roads. This won't change what will change is how we pay. It can potentially by the kwhr as we pay now by the lite or by kms travelled.

If you drive more now you use more fuel a d pay more.

The cost won't change what will change is how we pay.

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Tue May 21, 2019 9:39 am

ango wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:29 pm
electric vehicles will not be foisted on us
Where do you get this idea from?

Both main parties policies were the same and both irillevant as industry and consumers are going electric on their own. It is not being foisted on anyone.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue May 21, 2019 9:50 am

Nude up wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:01 pm
Someone has already driven around Australia in a leccy
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.topgea ... alia%3Famp
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed May 22, 2019 12:36 am

Reminds me of the Politician, Nick Xenephon a few years back driving an electric car , , , , pioneer or noob?

Xenephon mini electric car.jpg

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Wed May 22, 2019 11:12 am

Haha it was more like the electric version of a Bugatti.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”