coles new offer for free flights, Is this considered gambling?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3074
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

coles new offer for free flights, Is this considered gambling?

Postby smile0784 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 pm

so i just watched the coles advertising free flights if you spend over $50 and scan your fly buyers card you get tickets to go into a draw.

does this count as gambling since you pay money for the chance of winning something back?



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Sinsemilla
Rank: Snapper
Rank: Snapper
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Northern Subs

Re: coles new offer for free flights, Is this considered gambling?

Postby Sinsemilla » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:41 pm

Not really because you are buying something and getting something in return, scanning the card puts you in the draw.

I'd say if you paid $50 to go into the draw it would be gambling.

Anth

NanTucker
Rank: Baitfish
Rank: Baitfish
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: coles new offer for free flights, Is this considered gambling?

Postby NanTucker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:Not really because you are buying something and getting something in return, scanning the card puts you in the draw.

I'd say if you paid $50 to go into the draw it would be gambling.

Anth


Hmm, that makes sense. :thumbsup:

User avatar
4liters
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am

Re: coles new offer for free flights, Is this considered gambling?

Postby 4liters » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:10 pm

they just want more people to get a fly buys card so they can mine all your data about what you buy and sell it to the highest bidder
2015/16 Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

Nude up
Rank: Murray Cod
Rank: Murray Cod
Posts: 4693
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: out west

Re: coles new offer for free flights, Is this considered gambling?

Postby Nude up » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:52 pm

4liters wrote:they just want more people to get a fly buys card so they can mine all your data about what you buy and sell it to the highest bidder


This is so true I get an email about 10 mins after I have used mine

User avatar
4liters
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am

Re: coles new offer for free flights, Is this considered gambling?

Postby 4liters » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:20 pm

Nude up wrote:
4liters wrote:they just want more people to get a fly buys card so they can mine all your data about what you buy and sell it to the highest bidder


This is so true I get an email about 10 mins after I have used mine

Yep. and they're only really starting to scratch the surface of what can be done with big data. The use of it to develop psychological profiles of people during the US election is probably just a taste of things to come.
2015/16 Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm



Remove these ads.

User avatar
azkay
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:36 am

Re: coles new offer for free flights, Is this considered gambling?

Postby azkay » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:19 am

Gambling for me.. Regardless of whether you've paid or not, to go into a draw is a gamble..
Az.

HyperX
Rank: Garfish
Rank: Garfish
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: coles new offer for free flights, Is this considered gambling?

Postby HyperX » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:05 pm

if you consider maccas monopoly thing gambling than yes

NanTucker
Rank: Baitfish
Rank: Baitfish
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: coles new offer for free flights, Is this considered gambling?

Postby NanTucker » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:34 pm

4liters wrote:
Nude up wrote:
4liters wrote:they just want more people to get a fly buys card so they can mine all your data about what you buy and sell it to the highest bidder


This is so true I get an email about 10 mins after I have used mine

Yep. and they're only really starting to scratch the surface of what can be done with big data. The use of it to develop psychological profiles of people during the US election is probably just a taste of things to come.


And the plot thickens. :thumbsup:


Return to “Off Topic Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest