melb boat show

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: melb boat show

Post by bowl » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:44 pm

I like to go to get ideas for what i can to my litle boat...storage,rod set up ect
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

midis

Post by midis » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 pm

So what are all your thoughts the National 4x4 Outdoors Show Finishing and Boating Expo
22 - 24 August.
Same? Better? Worse?

John

pilko

Post by pilko » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:12 am

Really depends on what your after. I've gone to the last couple of 4x4 and fishing shows so going to boat show this year. Don't think you get a massive bargain as you probably won't. There are some but not many.

chocolatemoose

Post by chocolatemoose » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:40 am

gota remember its the melbourne boat show... back in the day it was a boating and fishing show. but they parted ways to create the 4x4 and fishing show later this year at the showgrounds. and the boat show at jeffs shed.
i also think people have unrealistic ideas of pricing sometimes:P a fishing show dosnt mean stuff is sold below cost:P

BigJ

Post by BigJ » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:18 am

chocolatemoose wrote:yeah i will be heading there...with a few trucks at some silly early hour tuesday morning.. untill monday night . :) fun times!
Yes I remember those days very well mate. Sounds like your going to have fun. Are you on the build crew for the show?
Fishing Victoria Species Comp: 46 cms

Salmon 46cm

chocolatemoose

Post by chocolatemoose » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:41 pm

no .. well yes. i co-run regal marines retail arm. we have 3 stands at the show. so.. plenty of work to do :S

rixter

Post by rixter » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:29 am

Should be free to get into, as all expo's should be these days. Unless your buying something , it's a waste of time really imo.

Maybe ok for a day out/ something to do , but all the info you come across at a show can be found online these days anyway, minus the traffic, parking, and headaches of being in the big nightmare city etc.

They need to move those expos away from the city imo, just a trip into the city is a nightmare alone, enough to turn me off going. <~~ I'm a county bum these days set in my ways, and happy with it, although I'm going to have to change my ways to able to travel around Australia happy :lol:

Cheers, Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:07 am

I am with you rixter I can never understand why they charge you money to enter so you can buy things if we are not carefull they will charge to go in the shops next

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:02 am

rixter wrote:Should be free to get into, as all expo's should be these days. Unless your buying something , it's a waste of time really imo.

Maybe ok for a day out/ something to do , but all the info you come across at a show can be found online these days anyway, minus the traffic, parking, and headaches of being in the big nightmare city etc.

They need to move those expos away from the city imo, just a trip into the city is a nightmare alone, enough to turn me off going. <~~ I'm a county bum these days set in my ways, and happy with it, although I'm going to have to change my ways to able to travel around Australia happy :lol:

Cheers, Rick.
Times 2
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:20 am

anyone buy a boat? some nice offerings this year.

surtees/extreme/barcusher really stood out this year, it seems that every year less and less fibreglass boats are sold here.

had a long chat with 'river to reef' host and MY Marine owner Theo Rozakis who said he dropped Haines from his stock after selling 10 surtees/stabi's for every Hains sold.

Return to “Boating”