new boat options, trihull? big cat? or stick to haines!!

borntofish

new boat options, trihull? big cat? or stick to haines!!

Post by borntofish » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:17 am

In the new few months, am getting some monies, Which I can't wait for!! My first option was a big cat, I can take clients out on as a fishing day. Beats taking them to golf!!! A big hydrofield! or stick to a 680 size haines. Atleast I can tow it, but have my 17c to tow anywhere i like. Looked at cruisecraft, on other forums, they still reckon haines are the bee knees!! So Haines, cat or hydrofield, I want the best ride ever! I suffer extreme headaches, so pounding too much stops me going fishing sometimes, I love cats, but worried about flipping her. Hydrofield I know nothing about. apart from supposed to be best ride ever!! Was nearly considerng 6.2mtr kevlacat, I missed out on the one I wanted. In my thinking, I need a safe area for my son to hide play, sleep. Was almost considering the overseas hulls, but been told they pound badly, is this true?? Trophy boats?? look ok, but so do the whittley walk around, which apparently pound, mmmmmmmm, geesus I am confused!!! i love haines!
You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: new boat options, trihull? big cat? or stick to haines!!

Post by bowl » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:19 pm

If i had money for big boat either get seafarer or surtees
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Noble supervee. I'm in Dandenong as well and a bloke around the corner has one. Looks awesome.

Or have a serious look at importing a Boston whaler. If you're cashed up its a very viable option compared to a local big boat prices.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Old post but he was after a boat that rides really well not a hard seasprayer or budget plate boat.

Check out cootacraft big ram, and noosa & kevla cats.

The tri hulls, hydrofoils are good but they are stupidly high on the trailer and storage is an issue.

chocolatemoose

Post by chocolatemoose » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:52 pm

noble is now built in china and has all kinds of issues.. :(

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Given that $$$ isn't a consideration my personal #1 pick would be the NZ built White Pointer 750 hard top.
Brilliant ride, stable as anything on the water, built like a brick s _ _ t house & just exudes quality in every aspect.
The quality of Kiwi built ally boats today means there is very little if any advantage to be had with glass boats.
Just absolutely brilliant stuff comming outa the land of the long white cloud these days.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 am

They look like a decent plate boat, layout isn't as good as the BC 780HT IMO.

But I cant see how it would have a brilliant ride with a 18 deg deadrise compare with that of a big ram 25 deg or Edencraft 233 24 deg.

Return to “Boating”