Problem with boat

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Re: Problem with boat

Post by Joker91 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Oh, well I got a 20amp in it. How can I find out the correct fuse for it.

Well if you got spare time how would you like to have a look at it lol

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Just had a quick google 20 amp is correct if it doesn't happen all the time it is probably a wire thats got a bad connection or pinched/worn through and shorting to ground. You will have to go looking for it. I see you are in the western suburbs I would normally pop round for a look but I am getting my boat ready for a bermie trip and am a bit time poor at the moment. I live in melton where are you.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Yep sounds like a wire.

If you cant sort it take it to Port Philip boating centre.

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Post by Joker91 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks a lot nude up. Well I'll keep an eye on it and I might try and have a look on my own. Although I don't know much I'll just check for exposed wires or anything that looks out of the ordinary.
I'm in keilor downs, so were pretty close.

I'll have a look and if not I'll take it I port philip, are they good people there? And good price ?

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:16 pm

See how you go if no luck I have had no problems with ppbc and the jobs I have had done very reasonable I took my lwr leg, off a yam 130 and had all the seals replaced prior to selling it they changed them pressure tested and reoiled it for $120. If you pm me your mobile number I will try and make time.

anth2013

Post by anth2013 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:41 pm

Joker91 wrote:
Nude up wrote:When was the last time your engine had a service .could be a simple problem like your idle speed is to low or caby problem sucking air or low speed jet blocked multiple defects cause the engine to stall at idle but run at higher speeds, as for blowing the fuse 1st thing to check is it the right rated fuse for that location. If it is the correct fuse and it normally happens when using the tilt trim something is causing the higher current draw is the tilting action of the motor seized causing the elec motor to work harder a bad connection will cause high resistance or the elec motor is on the way out.
If you are handy on the tools and are confident have a go yourself otherwise take it and have it looked at by a marine mech.

What you mean by right rated fuse for that location? Do you mean the amps of the fuse ?

Also I got it serviced around four-six months ago. The mechanic charged us over $900 for changing a couple of things and the boats running the same :@

Can any one reccomdnd a good honest mechanic who is not to pricey. I really want some trust worthy to have an over all look over the motor and tell us if it's worth keeping and fixing or has it reached it's end
...joker91 $900 is grossly overcharge even just couple of things i dont know what they did to you...anyhow try call get wet marine this in altona near petrol refinery not sure if give u reasonal price depend of work involved its not easy find cheaper outboard mechanic always quiet expensive they charge higher hourly rate much higher than car mechanic good luck :angry:

Return to “Boating”