Thinking of selling my boat

drew 2

Thinking of selling my boat

Post by drew 2 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Been thinking of selling my tinny & upsizing to a new bigger one for a while now.I need a new project :lol: :lol:

My problem is that i am taking the motor off & just going to sell the boat & trailer.Will this make it hard to sell? is there even a market for it or am i better off picking up a 2nd hand motor & putting on it?

I know when i look at 2nd hand boats i always think of the motor as being the biggest risk in the purchase,could become a money pit or very expensive scrap metal.

Anyone tried doing this? any thought's,comment's or idea's on doing this would be appreciated :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Milk man

Re: Thinking of selling my boat

Post by Milk man » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:01 pm

if i had somewhere to put it then id make you an offer andy.. i like your boat lol :thumbsup:
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:03 pm

Bit of a dilemma Andy, :???: I understand your thinking on a 2nd hand motor, but I'm thinking why are you taking the motor off any way. I've seen some good deals of late that I would love to pick up, but for 2 things, missus :Blah: and money. You must have your eye on a good boat/trailer package, anyway good luck with it :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Think if u price it right it will sell
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:28 pm

I think you would be better off trying to find a decent second hand motor. I know when I was looking for a boat a lot of people selling without a motor didn't want much less than similar boats with a motor and I think most people looking to buy want something ready to go. It would definitely make it easier to sell with something on the back even if it's an old motor as it's a great setup you have there. :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:41 pm

What sort of boat are looking at getting Andy?
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Like you said Andy when looking at boats you are wondering always about the motor if buying from a private owner.iI checked out a boat in Bendigo for a mate in Melb.the boat was 1987 built a bit outdated ,but had a 60 hp Yamaha in beautiful condition.was $10 k they had dropped to $ 8500 when I looked at it. the motor would bring $4 k I reckon.So getting back to your boat I reckon it would sell without the motor then the owner could put what he felt good about as long as you boat was not over priced.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:27 am

Thanks for the replies guy's.

I'm going to go up a size to a 399 proline,thats why i'm going to keep my motor, it's only 2 years old and a 25 would be perfect on it.Cant see the point in selling a 2 year old motor to buy another one.

Going to buy it bare hull & fit it all out myself,i need a bit of a project :lol: :lol:

Hopefully my old one wont be to hard to sell as it is all set up ready to go,if i have to i will buy a 2nd hand 15 and put on it.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:49 am

There's a market for boats without motors as some want to buy a new motor for an older hull as this cuts down any potential problems they may have. The bare hulls aren't worth very much without the motor, however the motor is the main expense of the package anyway.

Stick up a photo of the boat/trailer

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:47 am

bfs.jpg
bt1.jpg
bt1.jpg (47.56 KiB) Viewed 471 times
boat2.jpg

It will be going with everything,custom made travel cover,sounder,seats,radio,oars,fire ex,bimini,100ah gel battery,nav lights,spotlight,1x cig lighter socket,1x engel fridge socket.

Trailer has 14" holden rims,boat has been dropped into trailer,making it very easy to launch & retrieve in shallow water
bt.jpg
bt.jpg (43.53 KiB) Viewed 471 times

Return to “Boating”