Looking for a new boat

Beno

Re: Looking for a new boat

Post by Beno » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Ok this may sound like a stupid question, but how do you tell if your outboard is long shaft or short shaft?
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:28 pm

By measureing it :-)

Edit: from what I goggled, short shaft is 15 to 18inch, long shaft is 20 to 22inch. I'm sure someone can correct me if I am wrong :Blah:

Beno

Post by Beno » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Ok thanks brett, Don't wan't to bring the new tinnie home and the motor doesn't fit right Bangg :lol:
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

borntofish

Post by borntofish » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:36 am

I thawt seafarer were a great boat too!! but it rode really bad in 10-12knot's it pounded that hard my co fisho fell out of his seat. we were travelling slow. I took it to eildon to try a few different things, taking off the wing on the motor etc. still porpoised badly even at 1/3 throttle. I spoke to a few guys and everyone i spoke to said they had same problem. Boats very wide so the ride is like an evolution boat, very uncomfortable!!!!!!!!. Will be buying a haines again. Best riding hull ever.
You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:57 am

seafearers aint bad boat, but must be driven right, Only downside is they are a wet boat...

Dr Drift...
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

georged2

Post by georged2 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:47 am

I also thought Evolution boats where good too. Good thing I got Haines Hunter and it seems I'll be sticking with HH when I upgrade
Early to bed, Early to rise, Fish all day, Tell big lies

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:19 am

New Evos are alot better than the old ones, whole different hull...
Compared to HH, well Ill leave that up to those that go for a test ride in 25kn+ swers....
All boat are quite good when driven properly, They all bang! Only difference is at what speed do they start to bang... If driven to the conditions they will all get you on the fishing spot, just some get there alot quicker and dryer in comfort....

Dr Drift...
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:43 am

I have owned several boats in my time & my current is my smallest & but does the job nicely in my exprienced hands & carefull weather planning , i also have had the chance to sample many of my mates & family members boats all are good "but nothing beats" a Haines Hunter or Haines Signiture hulls for rough weather chop slicing IMO .

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:45 am

georged2 wrote:I also thought Evolution boats where good too. Good thing I got Haines Hunter and it seems I'll be sticking with HH when I upgrade
George , your 530 Haines Hunter is a great PPB boat & suited to limited offshore applications without a problem . :)

georged2

Post by georged2 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:56 pm

I love my boat, was going to take it to Portland in June but my deck hand (brother) pulled out, so I ended up going with a mate in his own made plate alloy and to my shock, was a great ride in the high choppy seas but did get wet, ended up catching 2 BFT at around 8kg. HAPPY lad as this was our first trip.

So my little 530 should be OK offshore but you'd need to time the weather, PPB, bring it on, but still go easy when the chop is up. Better to be safe than sorry.
Early to bed, Early to rise, Fish all day, Tell big lies

Return to “Boating”