Big Thanks to Haines Hunter...

Dr Drift

Big Thanks to Haines Hunter...

Post by Dr Drift » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:54 pm

As many off you know I own a Haines Hunter 680 Patriot...
Well last season I installed a set off rod holders to the rear facet...

Well after a season off boating the facet has come loose and rattles, drives me crazy...
I went down to Haines Hunter factory to see if I could do a warranty claim, as I thought that it was a warranty issue that the facet had come loose...

When I got there I was told that I was "NOT" covered by warranty for various issues... :oops:
Was told to leave my phone number and they will see what can be done...

I left feeling alittle dismayed and down...No i was pissed!
Not 4mins up the road I get a call from John Haber himself(for those that dont know he owns Haines Hunter)..."Tony where did you go, come back"... :D

Got back to the factory and John Haber himself came out to check out the problem, He explained to me that it was my fault for installing the rod holders and not reinforcing behind the brackets, thats why there is pressure cracks on one side and on the other it has made the whole facet come loose, which is what is making the rattling noise that drives me crazy on the water... He also pointed out that certain modifications that can be done, to make sure this does not happen again... I thought to myself "Here we go, $$$$"...

He than pointed out that they now have a aftercare service that does anything and everything....and that these modifications where no problem what so ever...hmmm

Too my surprise, he than said that he will fix all the problems and do some extra things to make sure this will never happen again at "NO COST".... :shock:
He than went over the boat from front to rear looking for things to improve on and let me tell you, he is very passionate and meticulous about his boats and pointed out things that I didnt even notice :oops: til he showed them too me! For example he said "You been welding on your boat?" to which I reply "What" he than shows me weld specs on the gunnel tops...Must off been when I got the racks made???

He asked if there was anything specific I wanted to get done whilst it was here at the factory... :shock:
He than noticed some wires for the radar (that I installed) which I had not covered up yet and said this is not good enough, Ill see what I can do about it whilst the boat is here at "NO CHARGE"...
So after 25mins off going over the boat with a fine tooth comb we had a list off things too do...

We than proceeded to his office to work out the dates and fine details...
Went to the jobs board and booked it in! Due to the nature off extensive work that he will be doing to make it rock solid so it never happens again, plus I will be getting it cut/polished and the trailer will be getting a hot treatment wash whilst it is there at the factory, its booked in for five days....five days? I said "no longer yea cause snapper season has just started?" He replied "Tony if it is not done for some reason, I will take you out fishing in my boat!" He than put on the board VIP must get done!

Now a few things that I must make clear, I did NOT buy this boat brand new off Haines Hunter! Nor has he ever made any money off me, which is why I am so surprised at the treatment I got off them.... I did think that warranty would cover it (7 year structural warranty) but in hindsight it was my fault for poor fittings off rod holders not manufacturer error!

So I would like to formally thank John Haber and Haines Hunter for being a class act. So its true what they say that when you buy a Haines Hunter it doesnt just stop after you paid for the boat!

Tony Trung Pham
aka Dr Drift..
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

Fish-Hunter

Re: Big Thanks to Haines Hunter...

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 pm

Thats exellent service "well done" to Haines Hunter's 'John Haber' , considering its your fault & you didnt even buy the boat new . :thumbsup:

georged2

Post by georged2 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am

Great to here HH are doing the right thing. My HH is so far beaut and just love it.
Early to bed, Early to rise, Fish all day, Tell big lies

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Ok so I took my boat in as per booking....

Got boat back and they done an amazing job!
They took the rear facet off and reinforced it with supports and extra glass, was told that she will hold the extra weight off my rods now no problems. They also fixed all the pressure cracks that where on the surface off the facet, so she looks as good as new now! Whilst it was there they also fixed the ugly looking wiring job I done on the radar. Put some gelcoat on and around my sounder where I had cut out to fit the HDS in. Rubbed back my gunnels and buffed it all up to get rid off scratches(deep gouges) that where done from banging reels and what not and a whole heap off other nick nacks like re-sealing gaps here and there! They even replaced a little rubber stopper on my ladder...lol

Cut and Polished the whole boat, deck and hull and she now looks a million bucks.... Spoke to John and Nick about moving my antennas as I dont like where they are and they told me to come back when the season is over and we will do something...

Than John took me on a tour off the factory to see how much detail actually goes into building HH boats... and how strict and hard he is on quality control! Anyone who is contemplating building a new boat! Go have a look at the Haines Factory and see first hand how its all done, It has opened my eyes to say the least!

So all in all, I would just like to thank Haines Hunter for their special service and how they make you feel the minute you walk through the gates. Nothing but A1 IMO.... and for the knockers, it aint about the money cause they didnt charge me for the extra work they done... Also Nick gave me his personal number and told me not to be shy, give him a buzz if unsure and need to know anything about boating or regs or anything off that nature...

One happy Haines Hunter owner,
Dr Drift...
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:37 am

^^
What top service H/H offer & they didnt even ask for any $$ , thats very rare in todays market . :thumbsup:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:38 am

I am almost there. Kids will finish college in 5 years ( that is not too far away for busy people). When I buy my tub, I will first pay HH a visit.

So, looks like Doc's tub appreciated in value. Here is the latest advertisement:

FOR SALE:
HH fiber glass boat, newly serviced in factory. Previously advertised for $1000. Due to latest works done on the boat, it is now advertised for $1001 plus other charges the owner may out on top. Will add the good looking bloke in the picture for top dollar :lolf: :surrender: .

Good luck with your fishing Ahn Drift.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

georged2

Post by georged2 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:53 am

Nothing beats a HH, even when they are as cheap as $1001. Even comes with a Deck Hand. Not bad.
Early to bed, Early to rise, Fish all day, Tell big lies

Return to “Boating”