My currently project, rags to riches

keep_itsimple

My currently project, rags to riches

Post by keep_itsimple » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi all, been a while since ive been on here due to no phone (it went swimming while in a car, yes the car went under water on a 4x4 trip) i scored a old hunting deep v roof topper. Its in bad shape, it looks like someone throw random paint all over it, some small pin holes and lots of dints. At the moment ive patched the holes and sanded the body and got it ready for paint, replaced all rusted bolts with ss ones. Im Going to paint the outside matt black and sign write some graphics on it and theme it. Inside is going to be shale grey with a compartment up the front to hold safety gear and anchor and sounder mounted to the side with battery compartment. My main aim for the boat is to be able to throw it on the back of the ute and launch it anywhere. Mainly take to flinders for squid. The whole project should cost under $150 because i have all the materials laying around.

I can also take my 15 yamaha motor off my other boat and put it on this one. Pics while be up in the next couple of days

Clumpy

Re: My currently project, rags to riches

Post by Clumpy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:42 pm

keep_itsimple wrote:The whole project should cost under $150 because i have all the materials laying around.
good luck, i love a good project....... but you know whatever you think its going to cost you should double that....nothing is cheap with the word BOAT attached to it.
An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on the muddy banks of rivers doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

vinhii

Re: My currently project, rags to riches

Post by vinhii » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:57 pm

sounds great! cant wait to see pics! :P
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Return to “Boating”