Melbourne Boat Show 2023

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Melbourne Boat Show 2023

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:43 pm

Anyone going to the Melbourne Boat Show this weekend?
Feels like it's getting smaller each year, but I'll be there with bells on!

mefish
Has liked: 105 times

Re: Melbourne Boat Show 2023

Post by mefish » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:40 pm

After last year I don't feel like making the trip unless there is a good range of fishing gear.
Appreciate a report on what's on show.
Cheers Mefish

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:42 pm

Agreed, I also went last year and I wouldn't have rated it.
Too many people in too small of a poorly thought out space, with little to zero fishing gear (unless you want a new anchor / winch), and only one or two smaller more affordable vessels.

Just not much of a range
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:04 pm

Went. Is crap. Only discussion I had outside of buying Rui jigs and chin weights was complementing offshore boats nz on their amazing welds and trailers. Ridiculously cool gear compared to aussie offerings.

The price of new boats can dead set **** off haha

ben475
Has liked: 162 times

Post by ben475 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:41 am

ducky wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:04 pm
Went. Is crap. Only discussion I had outside of buying Rui jigs and chin weights was complementing offshore boats nz on their amazing welds and trailers. Ridiculously cool gear compared to aussie offerings.

nearly everytime i go fishing around melbourne i see all the big new(ish) boats around and think to myself "**** theres a lot of money floating around our bays"

Tackleberry
Has liked: 302 times

Post by Tackleberry » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:40 pm

ben475 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:41 am
ducky wrote:

nearly everytime i go fishing around melbourne i see all the big new(ish) boats around and think to myself "**** theres a lot of money floating around our bays"
I think the same here in Paynesville it's mind boggling.
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:31 pm

Thought it was better than last year (I went Friday and the weather was perfect). Lots of exhibitors were up for a chat....met all the Salt Guide crew, seriously fantastic group of guys wo love their boats and fishing.
Boat prices are ridiculous even for entry level stuff.

Sneaky1
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Sneaky1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:47 pm

ben475 wrote:
ducky wrote:

Money or debt? Quite often I see very expensive cars - and I live in a typical suburb, I wonder how people can afford them, esp with the cost of living etc... Granted, certain ethnos "need" to show their perceived wealth, I guess it's a status symbol. Yet some of them can't even afford maintenance - brakes screeching at wear indicators, tyres worn out.. it's both amusing and sad.

Tackleberry
Has liked: 302 times

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:21 pm

Sneaky1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:47 pm
ben475 wrote:
ducky wrote:

Money or debt? Quite often I see very expensive cars - and I live in a typical suburb, I wonder how people can afford them, esp with the cost of living etc... Granted, certain ethnos "need" to show their perceived wealth, I guess it's a status symbol. Yet some of them can't even afford maintenance - brakes screeching at wear indicators, tyres worn out.. it's both amusing and sad.
Yes and the reason Interest rates are so high. If we don't keep our hands in our pockets for a couple of years it's going to get a lot worse .
But today's younger people have to have the latest and greatest today
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Return to “Boating”