map for wpb

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

map for wpb

Post by raco09 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi all. My neighbour has a tinny. Has a fish finder but no gps. Ive told him to download the navionics app for his iphone which ive heard is pretty good. until then ive also heard uncle paul worsteling has a map for wpb. has anyone used one of these maps before? is it worth buying it? Cheers. :D
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Rogue_Hunter

Re: map for wpb

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:58 pm

The map your referring to can only be used as a guide ... once your on the water, you will not be able to pin point where you are, especially WP.

Download the app and use that.

raco09

Post by raco09 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Rogue_Hunter wrote:The map your referring to can only be used as a guide ... once your on the water, you will not be able to pin point where you are, especially WP.

Thanks for that Rogue, much appreciated. Do you know if its available on android phones. I have a samsung. And by the way I Dont like going into his store anyway. :lol: :lol:

munky7584

Post by munky7584 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:18 pm

I bought paul wpb book for $10. Its worth that much and then some. it has a heap of maps with gps markings, plus a bucket load of info on the fish of wbp and where how to fish for them.

raco09

Post by raco09 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm

munky7584 wrote:I bought paul wpb book for $10. Its worth that much and then some. it has a heap of maps with gps markings, plus a bucket load of info on the fish of wbp and where how to fish for them.
Thanks munky. I'm only prepared to spend no more than $10. If its selling for more id rather download the app. Cheers.

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:50 pm

raco09 wrote:
Rogue_Hunter wrote:The map your referring to can only be used as a guide ... once your on the water, you will not be able to pin point where you are, especially WP.

Thanks for that Rogue, much appreciated. Do you know if its available on android phones. I have a samsung. And by the way I Dont like going into his store anyway. :lol: :lol:
Yep, my friend has a non-apple (android) phone and we use it.

Thursty

Post by Thursty » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 pm

You can get them for WPB and PPB for free just pH the fisheries and they will send them to you matey.

raco09

Post by raco09 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Thursty wrote:You can get them for WPB and PPB for free just pH the fisheries and they will send them to you matey.
Thanks bud. I shall give them a call tomorrow. Cheers. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:29 am

raco09 wrote:
munky7584 wrote:I bought paul wpb book for $10. Its worth that much and then some. it has a heap of maps with gps markings, plus a bucket load of info on the fish of wbp and where how to fish for them.
Thanks munky. I'm only prepared to spend no more than $10. If its selling for more id rather download the app. Cheers.
1. Download the app. If you haven't fished Western Port previously then it's well worth it.
2. Get Worstellings book or a decent bay chart, & spend the time getting to know em very well.
If you're not willing to spend at the very least $10 for a decent chart then I reckon stay at home.
All you'll end up doing is creating work for the coastguard boys.

raco09

Post by raco09 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:09 am

Bartnmax wrote:
raco09 wrote:
1. Download the app. If you haven't fished Western Port previously then it's well worth it.
2. Get Worstellings book or a decent bay chart, & spend the time getting to know em very well.
If you're not willing to spend at the very least $10 for a decent chart then I reckon stay at home.
All you'll end up doing is creating work for the coastguard boys.
hey mate. I will be down loading app. And Im more than happy to buy a decent map. But then again I don't own a boat. My neighbour does and I generally go out with him. so I was just getting some advice for him as he is still learning wpb. Id rather get a landed guide for myself. Thanks anyway. :D

Return to “Boating”