Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:40 am
cobby wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:00 pm
Brett wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:55 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:43 pm

I wouldn't buy one regardless. Very poor boats IMO.

In what regard?
The ain't known as Flipperlutions for nothing.

Extract from marinebusiness.com

Victorian boat builder bought out of liquidation by previous owners.

Victorian boat builder Evolution Boats says it is “business as usual” after its parent company, PM Marine Manufacturing, was put into liquidation last week.

Owner Paul Junginger told Marine Business that prior to PM Marine Manufacturing, of which he was the main shareholder, being put into liquidation, Evolution Boats was sold to a new company, PM Composites, also under his control, which was registered with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission just two weeks earlier.

As a result, Junginger said Evolution Boats is now back in business under the new ownership at the same premises and with the same staff.

Is this for real , , , , well it is , , , , but , , , , what a

So let me get this straight , , , ,

Paul Junginger , , , , owned "Evolution Boats"

then

"PM Marine Manufacturing", which Paul Junginger effectively owns, buys "Evolution Boats" (which he owned anyway ????)

then

"PM Marine Manufacturing" goes into liquidation, which is the company that Paul effectively owns

BUT BUT

two weeks before "PM Marine Manufacturing" goes into liquidation, which is effectively Paul going bust

"PM Composites", who effectively is owned by Paul Junginger (with surprisingly similar "PM" names) buys "Evolution Boats" , , , , again, after buying it again and going bust

So , , , , a Company (Evolution Boats) that Paul owns, is then bought by Paul (himself) which then (Paul effectively) goes into liquidation and then "Evolution Boats" is bought by Paul (himself) again , , , , after going bust ????

AND they have the guts to say , , , , Evolution Boats is now back in business under the NEW OWNERSHIP , , , , and surprise surprise , , , , they also say , , , , at the same premises and with the same staff

I wonder how the unpaid creditors feel about all of that

Well Boats do catch fish , , , , so that may explain the Fishy Business
Sounds fish.
Probably a tax dodge
Or to confuse the unawear thinking that it's UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT to mean better quality

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: 2019 Melbourne Boat Show

Post by rb85 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:27 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 pm
Bugatti wrote:
cobby wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:00 pm
Brett wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:55 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:43 pm

I wouldn't buy one regardless. Very poor boats IMO.

In what regard?
The ain't known as Flipperlutions for nothing.

Victorian boat builder Evolution Boats says it is “business as usual” after its parent company, PM Marine Manufacturing, was put into liquidation last week.

Owner Paul Junginger told Marine Business that prior to PM Marine Manufacturing, of which he was the main shareholder, being put into liquidation, Evolution Boats was sold to a new company, PM Composites, also under his control, which was registered with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission just two weeks earlier.

As a result, Junginger said Evolution Boats is now back in business under the new ownership at the same premises and with the same staff.

Is this for real , , , , well it is , , , , but , , , , what a

So let me get this straight , , , ,

Paul Junginger , , , , owned "Evolution Boats"

then

"PM Marine Manufacturing", which Paul Junginger effectively owns, buys "Evolution Boats" (which he owned anyway ????)

then

"PM Marine Manufacturing" goes into liquidation, which is the company that Paul effectively owns

BUT BUT

two weeks before "PM Marine Manufacturing" goes into liquidation, which is effectively Paul going bust

"PM Composites", who effectively is owned by Paul Junginger (with surprisingly similar "PM" names) buys "Evolution Boats" , , , , again, after buying it again and going bust

So , , , , a Company (Evolution Boats) that Paul owns, is then bought by Paul (himself) which then (Paul effectively) goes into liquidation and then "Evolution Boats" is bought by Paul (himself) again , , , , after going bust ????

AND they have the guts to say , , , , Evolution Boats is now back in business under the NEW OWNERSHIP , , , , and surprise surprise , , , , they also say , , , , at the same premises and with the same staff

I wonder how the unpaid creditors feel about all of that

Sounds fish.
Probably a tax dodge
Or to confuse the unawear thinking that it's UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT to mean better quality
The director takes a hit from ASIC. The creditors who could be suppliers, smaller sub contractors take a financial hit as does the tax office and ANZ.
Nothing to lose for the main shareholder everything for the creditors.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:29 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:19 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Carribean has been a long standing quality at good price. Fit out is not flashy but they have everything you need.
Yes, the Carribeans are good.

Before I was married and I had money, I was seriously looking at a Carribean Intruder (19 something feet). The Reef Runner (21ft) had an issue with hull roll while cruising.

But the Intruder was the sparkle in my eye. Not great with all the "bells & whisltes", but I prefer simple, so it was perfect.

Then , , , , I got married and have kids , , , , the boat I have, will have to do , , , , and it does do , , , , quite well.

Wouldn't change a thing

Cheers, Bugz
It's funny how kids change plans but priority change and the boat stays the same lol

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:43 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:29 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:19 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Carribean has been a long standing quality at good price. Fit out is not flashy but they have everything you need.
Yes, the Carribeans are good.

Before I was married and I had money, I was seriously looking at a Carribean Intruder (19 something feet). The Reef Runner (21ft) had an issue with hull roll while cruising.

But the Intruder was the sparkle in my eye. Not great with all the "bells & whisltes", but I prefer simple, so it was perfect.

Then , , , , I got married and have kids , , , , the boat I have, will have to do , , , , and it does do , , , , quite well.

Wouldn't change a thing

Cheers, Bugz
It's funny how kids change plans but priority change and the boat stays the same lol
I glanced over the Carribeans nice boats a dive door would be nice in their offshore boats, The transom in comparison to the Southern formula and Haines Hunters I checked out aren't as well laid out for fishing. They are a nice boat but need a little bit of a revamp for a dedicated offshore trailer boat

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm

rb85 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:34 pm
cobby wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:27 pm
rb85 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:55 am
The Haines hunters looked fantastic at the Port Phillip boating centre stand.
Is the bowed kill tank lid standard or an optional extra?

Photo lifted from someone else
Hadn't seen this can only go with what I saw at the show. So what's the backstory behind it? Have seen the 680 patriot story someone shared I can't remember where.
The backstory is its the kill tank lid of the 700 Enclosed that was featured at the boat show. Even the Southern Formula 21 and 19 had visible lumps and bumps in the floor....

I'd take the outdated International Marine build over a flashy Haber or Junga build

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Didnt notice it to be honest. The Caribbean would be great if the deck layout was slightly altered.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:58 pm

rb85 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:27 pm
Bugatti wrote:

The director takes a hit from ASIC. The creditors who could be suppliers, smaller sub contractors take a financial hit as does the tax office and ANZ.
Nothing to lose for the main shareholder everything for the creditors.

Well with Evolution Boats falling over like those "fall down Goats"

Fall down goat.PNG

What better way to "Alan Bond" your money, just like a sideshow game

Hidden Dollars.PNG

Well Boats do catch fish , , , , so that may explain the Fishy Business , , , , and now , , , , slippery as a fish too

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:32 am

Freebies , , , , does anyone gather any of the Freebies that are given out , , , ,

, , , , or, if you have the gift of the gab , , , , persuaded them to give you.

Over the years, the kids and I have accumulated heaps. Mostly pens, we collect about 20-30 in one Show, from going to most of the stands.

Also had a few Baseball Caps, Gloves and a few beanies , , , , oh, and a couple of Brag-mats too.

Gloves.PNG

Bragmat.PNG

Best thing that I was lucky to get was a Coupon Prize a few years back , , , , fill in the competition coupon (one of many coupons that you get with the program) and place it in the relevant stand's box. Well, I won a Colour Sounder , , , , go figure, those competitions actually do work.

Rang around to dealers and "Yamaha Pitmans" here in Adelaide :thumbsup: , were happy to upgrade it to a combo unit for a few dollars on top. Gave the win to the Brother in-law, as I would get his as a hand-me-down, which was still heaps better than the one I had on my boat at the time AND I'm not into fancy gismos, just happy with simple, where as he is really into all that stuff.

Yamaha Pitmans were great, when we went down there, they upgraded and threw in a fair few things for free too.

Combo unit.PNG

Oddly enough "Pacific Marine" here, who put the prize up, didn't want to upgrade it, even with us paying the difference :down:

Cheers, Bugz

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:43 am

Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:03 pm

You have an awesome boat yepi'mon, that hull/boat would have to be the pick of any boat in my eyes. Great boat, best all round size and quality made. AND Caribbean have moved with the times with a nice look AND still keeping that "conventional boat" look about it. I haven't heard a bad thing about them by anyone , , , , and I did my research.

Intruder (only thing I didn't like was the cabin windows eerrkk, was going to customise some to look nicer)

Caribbean Intruder.PNG

Adventurer (is this like yours Yepi , , , , I'm jealous as)

Caribbean Adventurer.PNG

Anyway, now there is another person I am Jealous of , , , , :(

Cheers, A very very very very good Deckie, Bugatti ;-)
Thanks Bugatti - sorry to make you jealous but that is the boat we have..... minus the yam and plus a 150 vera do :banana:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:51 am

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:32 am
Freebies , , , , does anyone gather any of the Freebies that are given out , , , ,

, , , , or, if you have the gift of the gab , , , , persuaded them to give you.

Over the years, the kids and I have accumulated heaps. Mostly pens, we collect about 20-30 in one Show, from going to most of the stands.

Also had a few Baseball Caps, Gloves and a few beanies , , , , oh, and a couple of Brag-mats too.

Gloves.PNG

Bragmat.PNG

Best thing that I was lucky to get was a Coupon Prize a few years back , , , , fill in the competition coupon (one of many coupons that you get with the program) and place it in the relevant stand's box. Well, I won a Colour Sounder , , , , go figure, those competitions actually do work.

Rang around to dealers and "Yamaha Pitmans" here in Adelaide :thumbsup: , were happy to upgrade it to a combo unit for a few dollars on top. Gave the win to the Brother in-law, as I would get his as a hand-me-down, which was still heaps better than the one I had on my boat at the time AND I'm not into fancy gismos, just happy with simple, where as he is really into all that stuff.

Yamaha Pitmans were great, when we went down there, they upgraded and threw in a fair few things for free too.

Combo unit.PNG

Oddly enough "Pacific Marine" here, who put the prize up, didn't want to upgrade it, even with us paying the difference :down:

Cheers, Bugz
Not a bad freebie that colour sounder mate :thumbsup:
You would have been happy with that :)
At our boat show there were around 6 stands placed throughout the entire place all spaced out. We had to scan our code at each stand to see if we win.
I think I managed to find them all. Fingers crossed I won something :P

Return to “Boating”