Forgot the anchor

shazdoggg

Re: Forgot the anchor

Post by shazdoggg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:36 am

DougieK wrote:We need a Wooly of the Week award for stuff like this. Glad you're ok.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Think I could make the shortlist for Wooly award of the month. Forgot to trim my outboard up when launching and dropped the skeg on the ramp before Christmas. 5 mins later when leaving the floating pontoon, almost ran into Rex hunts boat. Luckily we were going slowly so we could push off to avoid collision.

Forgot to click the ratchet over on winch rope on NYE and heard a strange noise when driving off the ramp at fishos beach. Stopped and got out an boat had slid 1.5 ft ft off the trailer but still off the ground. Clicked ratchet over and winched it on but could've been a nightmare if I didn't stop the car.

Forgotten the bungs few times launching but worst was in Mordi creek just after NY where we had to wait a few minutes for the bilge to pump out a good 50+ l of water while it was tied to the pontoon. Good way test to check the boats positive buoyancy :)

Yesterday was stepping out of my boat at Patto and managed to dislodge the rear stainless rod holder(which i use to secure bollards) while diesembarking. Heard the clink of metal and as my foot caught it and the splash as it submerged into the murky depths. Hopefully makes a nice home for some invertebrates!

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:22 am

shazdoggg wrote:
DougieK wrote:We need a Wooly of the Week award for stuff like this. Glad you're ok.

Think I could make the shortlist for Wooly award of the month. Forgot to trim my outboard up when launching and dropped the skeg on the ramp before Christmas. 5 mins later when leaving the floating pontoon, almost ran into Rex hunts boat. Luckily we were going slowly so we could push off to avoid collision.

Forgot to click the ratchet over on winch rope on NYE and heard a strange noise when driving off the ramp at fishos beach. Stopped and got out an boat had slid 1.5 ft ft off the trailer but still off the ground. Clicked ratchet over and winched it on but could've been a nightmare if I didn't stop the car.

Forgotten the bungs few times launching but worst was in Mordi creek just after NY where we had to wait a few minutes for the bilge to pump out a good 50+ l of water while it was tied to the pontoon. Good way test to check the boats positive buoyancy :)

Yesterday was stepping out of my boat at Patto and managed to dislodge the rear stainless rod holder(which i use to secure bollards) while diesembarking. Heard the clink of metal and as my foot caught it and the splash as it submerged into the murky depths. Hopefully makes a nice home for some invertebrates!
Good work...
Had boat for long ...?
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:43 am

I think most people have done the bung thing at least once
My worst one was last sunday started to reverse the boat under carport while canopy still up and bent the highest part of the frame :oops:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 am

Lightningx wrote:Lol and most times are you lucky enough to get it back or lose it?
Only lost 1, and it was the only one I ever bought.

Now I just make them out of pvc off cuts.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm

shazdoggg wrote:

Some really bad/ stupid things there mate.
Lucky you and boat are still ok.

Definitely make the cut lol

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:30 pm

fishnut wrote:I think most people have done the bung thing at least once
My worst one was last sunday started to reverse the boat under carport while canopy still up and bent the highest part of the frame :oops:
I don that before also

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Only did this once then learnt my lesson.
How about leaving the rods I. The rocket launchers and driving Into petrol station or car wash and all you hear is scraping lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:45 pm

fishnut wrote:I think most people have done the bung thing at least once
Ouch...

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Lol I could write a book about the mistakes I have made over the journey needless to say I tie my Berley pot to the steering wheel.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:34 pm

shazdoggg wrote: Forgot to click the ratchet over on winch rope on NYE and heard a strange noise when driving off the ramp at fishos beach. Stopped and got out an boat had slid 1.5 ft ft off the trailer but still off the ground. Clicked ratchet over and winched it on but could've been a nightmare if I didn't stop the car.

Always put the safety chain on before you drive up the ramp.

Return to “Boating”