Forgot the anchor

ChristianGoneFishing
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Forgot the anchor

Post by ChristianGoneFishing » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Nude up wrote:Lol I could write a book about the mistakes I have made over the journey needless to say I tie my Berley pot to the steering wheel.
Haha after losing 2 burly pots, now I tie mine to the throttle controller. Hopefully the last of lost burley pots.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:09 pm

ChristianGoneFishing wrote:
Nude up wrote:Lol I could write a book about the mistakes I have made over the journey needless to say I tie my Berley pot to the steering wheel.
Haha after losing 2 burly pots, now I tie mine to the throttle controller. Hopefully the last of lost burley pots.
Great idea

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 pm

ChristianGoneFishing wrote:
Yea that’s a great idea.
Might give that a go next time I use the burley pot!
Cheers :thumbsup:

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:24 pm

bowl wrote:
shazdoggg wrote:
DougieK wrote:We need a Wooly of the Week award for stuff like this. Glad you're ok.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Think I could make the shortlist for Wooly award of the month. Forgot to trim my outboard up when launching and dropped the skeg on the ramp before Christmas. 5 mins later when leaving the floating pontoon, almost ran into Rex hunts boat. Luckily we were going slowly so we could push off to avoid collision.

Forgot to click the ratchet over on winch rope on NYE and heard a strange noise when driving off the ramp at fishos beach. Stopped and got out an boat had slid 1.5 ft ft off the trailer but still off the ground. Clicked ratchet over and winched it on but could've been a nightmare if I didn't stop the car.

Forgotten the bungs few times launching but worst was in Mordi creek just after NY where we had to wait a few minutes for the bilge to pump out a good 50+ l of water while it was tied to the pontoon. Good way test to check the boats positive buoyancy :)

Yesterday was stepping out of my boat at Patto and managed to dislodge the rear stainless rod holder(which i use to secure bollards) while diesembarking. Heard the clink of metal and as my foot caught it and the splash as it submerged into the murky depths. Hopefully makes a nice home for some invertebrates!
Good work...
Had boat for long ...?
Had it for around 15 months. Have used it more in the past 3 months than the 12 months prior. Hobie has been collecting dust ever since.

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:29 pm

smile0784 wrote:
shazdoggg wrote:
DougieK wrote:We need a Wooly of the Week award for stuff like this. Glad you're ok.

Think I could make the shortlist for Wooly award of the month. Forgot to trim my outboard up when launching and dropped the skeg on the ramp before Christmas. 5 mins later when leaving the floating pontoon, almost ran into Rex hunts boat. Luckily we were going slowly so we could push off to avoid collision.

Forgot to click the ratchet over on winch rope on NYE and heard a strange noise when driving off the ramp at fishos beach. Stopped and got out an boat had slid 1.5 ft ft off the trailer but still off the ground. Clicked ratchet over and winched it on but could've been a nightmare if I didn't stop the car.

Forgotten the bungs few times launching but worst was in Mordi creek just after NY where we had to wait a few minutes for the bilge to pump out a good 50+ l of water while it was tied to the pontoon. Good way test to check the boats positive buoyancy :)

Yesterday was stepping out of my boat at Patto and managed to dislodge the rear stainless rod holder(which i use to secure bollards) while diesembarking. Heard the clink of metal and as my foot caught it and the splash as it submerged into the murky depths. Hopefully makes a nice home for some invertebrates!
Some really bad/ stupid things there mate.
Lucky you and boat are still ok.

Definitely make the cut lol
True true!
Based on the intellect of some forum members, am genuinely surprised they survived to adulthood.

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:33 pm

frozenpod wrote:
shazdoggg wrote: Forgot to click the ratchet over on winch rope on NYE and heard a strange noise when driving off the ramp at fishos beach. Stopped and got out an boat had slid 1.5 ft ft off the trailer but still off the ground. Clicked ratchet over and winched it on but could've been a nightmare if I didn't stop the car.

Always put the safety chain on before you drive up the ramp.
Just noticed don't have a safety chain on front of trailer. Had it serviced multiple times and new donk and surprised nobody mentioned it. Am getting one ASAP! Cheers for the reply! Muchos Gracias

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:02 pm

How did you pass your rego inspection with out a chain?

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:37 pm

shazdoggg wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
shazdoggg wrote:

Some really bad/ stupid things there mate.
Lucky you and boat are still ok.

Definitely make the cut lol
True true!
Based on the intellect of some forum members, am genuinely surprised they survived to adulthood.
I second that. Not sure some of them are still there mentally. Maybe physically...

Return to “Boating”