Post by fishnut » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:55 am

Very noice

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Re: Carpet replacement

Post by Yota » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:17 am

Nude up wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:11 pm
My Haines has carpet held in with press studs after many years of pressure washing to clean the time has come to replace it. When I had my new canopies made they showed me some stuff I think it was called seadek a 6 mm thick vinyl soft under foot will not stain just hose it down. It’s glued down you can not remove it you can have names logo,s etc laser cut into it.
Any thoughts or other recommendations
Hi Nude up, the result looks good, I also received a roll of this stuff but I’m wondering how successful the adhesive will be on my Boats deck. My boats deck has a built in non slip pattern - like tiny pyramids. So I’m sceptical if the adhesive backing on the stick down floor will last.
What sort of floor pattern does your Haines have ?

At the moment I’ve got the roll in the garage laid out flat to try and stop the natural curl - from how it’s rolled up and packaged.

Do you know if - when the floor was installed on your boat any extra adhesive was used ? What sort was used - contact cement ?

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 am

I'm also thinking of using this flooring and on the cross thwart seats as well in a tinny I am refurbishing at the moment.

I hate that fake grass looking carpet everyone seems to be obsessed with. everything gets trodden into it and a pain to keep clean.

This deck tread carpet would be much easier to wash out all the bait and associated crap at the end of the day.

I can't believe how many boats have fake grass in them !
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:49 pm

Yota wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:17 am
Nude up wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:11 pm
My Haines has carpet held in with press studs after many years of pressure washing to clean the time has come to replace it. When I had my new canopies made they showed me some stuff I think it was called seadek a 6 mm thick vinyl soft under foot will not stain just hose it down. It’s glued down you can not remove it you can have names logo,s etc laser cut into it.
Any thoughts or other recommendations
Hi Nude up, the result looks good, I also received a roll of this stuff but I’m wondering how successful the adhesive will be on my Boats deck. My boats deck has a built in non slip pattern - like tiny pyramids. So I’m sceptical if the adhesive backing on the stick down floor will last.
What sort of floor pattern does your Haines have ?

Mine has just the flow coated fibre glass on the sides with a wooden board up the center to access fuel tanks etc. I am going to the trimmers on Monday to pick up my boat I will ask them a few questions if you like.

garyroe

Post by garyroe » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:01 pm

My carpet are moss, mold, mildew, and algae. Which product can clean it?

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:04 am

I think its called EVA foam and is closed cell which doesn't soak liquid,supposed to be easy to maintain

garyroe

Post by garyroe » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:30 pm

Thanks you! I also found some useful product in here: https://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/b ... /#more-457 I think it also useful for someone.

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:41 am

I ripped out all the carpet from my Haines Hunter and am in the process of painting with Dulux texture exterior paint. I read a few reviews on people who used this stuff and it works well.

And its about half the price of the marine stuff, although you have to buy a bigger tin.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:14 pm

Sure fire,sharpen the knifes,never misses catching a gummy every time....secret spot ...

Return to “Boating”