Has liked: 81 times

Re: Bar crusher v Surtees v Extreme

Post by frozenpod » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:11 am

Exactly blue.

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:15 am

Mattblack wrote: *Kiwi plate boats are far superior to the stuff made in Oz (probably something to do with the harsher ocean environment or more competition between the multitude of manufacturers)
bull mate.

Most mass produced plate boats are crap, built cheap. The BC560/610/615 is a prime example. Probably the most over rated overpriced aluminium boat on the market.

Stinkistabi is worth a look up in particular the engineering report into his hull.

I have to admit that the extreme look good but if I was going plate I would get a custom built boat that is built from the inside out.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:49 am

frozenpod wrote:
Mattblack wrote: *Kiwi plate boats are far superior to the stuff made in Oz (probably something to do with the harsher ocean environment or more competition between the multitude of manufacturers)
bull mate.

Most mass produced plate boats are crap, built cheap. The BC560/610/615 is a prime example. Probably the most over rated overpriced aluminium boat on the market.

Stinkistabi is worth a look up in particular the engineering report into his hull.

I have to admit that the extreme look good but if I was going plate I would get a custom built boat that is built from the inside out.
Alloy or glass...It's an age old debate...I went aluminium because they are easier to tow and require less horses to get up to speed. I also got a Stabi because we use it for skiing and diving and the pontoons make it really stable when you are getting in and out of the water. I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but generally speaking, Kiwis simply build a better boat.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:12 am

I reckon the supercabs look great ,i hope to own one day..
Screenshot_20181221-075609.jpg
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:19 am

Eye candy from warrnambool.. If I had the money this would be it. youtube has videos on Richardsons boats.

https://richardsonmarine.com.au/2016/03 ... -6300cc-2/

Second choice..

https://richardsonmarine.com.au/2015/10 ... ider_1]/23
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am

Mattblack wrote:
frozenpod wrote:
bull mate.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but generally speaking, Kiwis simply build a better boat.
I made no mention of AU vs NZ. Suggest you look up the engineer report into the Stinkistabi. Posted on ausfish.

Kestrel
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Kestrel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:28 am

Just my 2 bobs worth ....

I've owned a Barcrusher 560C for more than 10 years and am happy to say that it's served me very well. Is a better boat than a Stabi, Surtees or extreme? I really don't know!

The original poster wanted some advice and although there have been lots of opinions given, looking through the posts of those who claim to have experience of at least two of the brands, I'm struggling to see much objective proof of the relative merits.

So why is one better than the others? Why does one have a better design? In what ways is one built better than another? Why is one more durable or seaworthy? I would have thought that objective answers to those questions and others would be helpful, rather than opinions without reasons given.

I hope that people with far more expertise than me can provide some constructive input.

Cheers

Kestrel

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:33 am

A sponsored member here once stated that the barcrusher was the best boat on the market. Haven’t seen her here or know if she’s still sponsored by Shimano but would be great to here if this is still the case.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:34 am

frozenpod wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
frozenpod wrote:
bull mate.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but generally speaking, Kiwis simply build a better boat.
I made no mention of AU vs NZ. Suggest you look up the engineer report into the Stinkistabi. Posted on ausfish.
1 bad review from an anonymous forum poster over a decade ago.....seriously?

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:02 pm

smile0784 wrote:Been in a barcrusher and didn't like it. Was like drive Ving over corrugated iron sheets.

I go the extreme over anything if I had the money.

Anyone tried the 6900 ocean series by tabs boat?
My old boys work mate bought a tabs from the last boat show (granted only a 5m boat) and couldn't be more displeased with it

Reckons it rides like a piece of ****. Wanted to take it back but for some reason or another they wouldn't refund

Return to “Boating”