Anyone a Savage Tech?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Anyone a Savage Tech?

Post by smile0784 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Can't you get a plug that goes around the wires and then push into a bigger hole and then seal with silican

sputnik

Post by sputnik » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:54 pm

smile0784 wrote:Can't you get a plug that goes around the wires and then push into a bigger hole and then seal with silican
fitting the actual plug through the transom isnt the issue at all. its routing the cable through the tight access that the existing one is routed through. Savage have placed this angle bracket right over the hole so i need to some how get the cable through this tube that is now formed by that right angled bracket.

sputnik

Post by sputnik » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:56 pm

46495461_341850656369749_557037157844254720_n.jpg
Here is the back of the boat. The tube section sits behind this little platform. Theres a gap of about 1cm between the end of the tube/bracket and the side pocket that sits under the gunnel.

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Sorry Sputnik,
I was reading your post incorrectly thinking you were talking about wiring under the gunnel, my wiring goes through the rear step and through the transom, its not through where your pic shows

sputnik

Post by sputnik » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:49 pm

canned_tuna wrote:Sorry Sputnik,
I was reading your post incorrectly thinking you were talking about wiring under the gunnel, my wiring goes through the rear step and through the transom, its not through where your pic shows
Thanks for the assistance tuna. I know it's tough but if you could send some pics it would be greatly appreciated.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Would something similar to the plastic stuff sparkies use to route wiring through holes in walls possibly work?

Only other option is cut the existing wiring at the transducer, tape the crap out if it to the new transducer plug and wiring then feed that through from the dash

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Sputnik,If you want to pm me your number I can take a pic of my set up tomorrow and send it to you...Thats about as technical as i can get!!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:24 am

cobby wrote:Would something similar to the plastic stuff sparkies use to route wiring through holes in walls possibly work?

Only other option is cut the existing wiring at the transducer, tape the crap out if it to the new transducer plug and wiring then feed that through from the dash
You mean the yellow toungue that comes of floor panels?

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:00 pm

As already mentioned, use yellow tongue or before taking the old wire out, tape the new wire to the end of the old wire and pull it through as your pulling the old wire out.

Anth

Frankb

Post by Frankb » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:31 pm

I have a savage 5.1 2002 model. I installed an elite 7 ti with total scan transducer.
I had the exact same problem and could not get cable out so in frustration I cut the cable. I had a lms240.
I had to cut a new hole in line with the current transducer hole which I had to enlargen to make hole bigger. If you look through your transducer hole you will see a panel. I cut throug that and fed the new cable through that and it comes out above your current exit point.
I will take a photo tonight and try to post it.
Cheers
Sorry the new cable comes out below current exit.
I’m having trouble attaching photos. If you pm me your no. I’ll send them.
Last edited by Frankb on Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boating”